SunwayLED
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW XPG ARE HERE plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (part 3)

Default Re: NEW XPG ARE HERE plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (par

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    Hi Buddy

If you remember i think that it was shipped before I got your change. If it is hi lo strobe then it is the proper label

Dave
    I was pretty sure about the 8.4V as it was the hi/lo/strobe. What I was really asking, was that it says 3V rather than 3.6V, and was wondering if I I could use it with a single 3V CR123 battery. I'm guessing it is 3.6V. No sweat. Just was curious. Thanks. By the way, mine came out more floody that throw, so it will make for a nice all around drop. Great low too. Thanks again Dave.
    Sometimes we don't get what we pray for. Sometimes we get much more.

Default Re: NEW XPG ARE HERE plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (par

I will be ordering an
    XR-E neutral Q4-5B (3.6v - 8.4v) 3 Levels

PM sent. Ready to send PP.

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by Siskik; 10-09-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added 3 levels

Received mt XPG dropin today. Just want to say it has one of the prettiest beams Ive ever seen. Almost perfect for my taste. Lots of throw with plenty of flood.
    I may not be that bright, but my lights are!
    "I hate when I buy crap, so I try very hard not to sell it."
    -Gene Malkoff

Quote Originally Posted by Siskik View Post
    I will be ordering an
    XR-E neutral Q4-5B (3.6v - 8.4v) 3 Levels

PM sent. Ready to send PP.

Thanks,
    John

Hi John

Thanks buddy make sure the levels are OK for you.

Thanks again

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Received mt XPG dropin today. Just want to say it has one of the prettiest beams Ive ever seen. Almost perfect for my taste. Lots of throw with plenty of flood.
    I have been very please with them, I have been splitting my dog walks with the XPG and the warm diamond dragon.

Tower is almost done

Thanks again

Dave

Tower is almost done

Thanks again

Dave

Just a question, would the Red SST-90 be 800 Lumens of red light?

Sounds awesome, my neighbors would freak.
    -Gene Malkoff

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post

Just a question, would the Red SST-90 be 800 Lumens of red light?

Sounds awesome, my neighbors would freak.

Hi

That is what it is rated, i am not sure if my meter reads red accurately. I know it has some filters, anyway those are bulb lumens but still I just got 575 on the meter at turn on.

It is bright, I think the green is rated higher yet.

Dave

Oooh. Got my R4 today and quickly installed it in a SF 6P. Excellent beam quality and lots-o-output. More flood than my R2's, but I'm not comparing apples to apples WRT reflectors.

This is my second drop-in from Dave and I've been impressed with both (the other was a MC-E). I think I need a SST next...

Last edited by Dobbler; 10-09-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDKKP View Post
    Hi Dave,

Please check your PMs with some questions! TIA.

Hi

I wanted to let you know that the 5 level direct drive board for your SST 90 red led does have memory. I evidently have a mixed bag, I had thought they had memory and I dug down farther into the mix and out it came so that should help you out.

thanks

dave

I see all the dropins are 6v max.

Any future plans to make something in lets say a 12v capacity ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid9P View Post

There is one with 8.4 Max. Hi/Low/Strobe regulated
    -Gene Malkoff

Hi

I have single level to 18 volt @1.4 amps I had to have those made.

There really are few options at the amperage you all want the leds ran at. These 8.4 running at 1.2amps are the first I have been able to find.

There are 12 & 16 volt that the flashlight manufacturers use but most of the time they are 800ma to 1amp and that is it.

Dave

*Flashaholic*

Is it possible to stack 2 or 3 converters? For example, I have an Aleph LE (DatiLED) with 2x SOB917 drivers, putting 1.8A to the emitter. It's a DD LE, and really honks with 1.8A. Being a buck, it takes much more voltage, and provides extra drive current for the hungrier emitters.

Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post
    Is it possible to stack 2 or 3 converters? For example, I have an Aleph LE (DatiLED) with 2x SOB917 drivers, putting 1.8A to the emitter. It's a DD LE, and really honks with 1.8A. Being a buck, it takes much more voltage, and provides extra drive current for the hungrier emitters.

Hi Donn

The biggest problem is finding a driver that is 17mm to stack. I just stacked two 1.4amp for Sgt to get a full 2.8amps on a SST 50 but of course it was 6 volts since they were 6 volts. My 1.4amp drives that take 18v are too tall to stack.
    Even the flashlight manufacturers have an option I dont' they can design the can to fit larger drivers.

The sob are too small for these modules, sharks too big I keep looking, I am actually trying to get the 8.4 amp made with no flashes on the low super low but it is vacation time over there.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by TDKKP View Post
    Hi Dave,

Please check your PMs with some questions! TIA.
    Hi

I wanted to let you know that the 5 level direct drive board for your SST 90 red led does have memory. I evidently have a mixed bag, I had thought they had memory and I dug down farther into the mix and out it came so that should help you out.

thanks

dave

Does anyone, who uses these with 18650's, have an idea how long they run?

say sst-90 or mce? and does the head gets hot after 10 minutes, for example?

thanx

Hi

I have single level to 18 volt @1.4 amps I had to have those made.

There really are few options at the amperage you all want the leds ran at. These 8.4 running at 1.2amps are the first I have been able to find.

There are 12 & 16 volt that the flashlight manufacturers use but most of the time they are 800ma to 1amp and that is it.

Dave

I just picked up a FiveMega 3 "C" cell body/clicky.
    I figure 3 rechargeable C cells fresh off the charger would be just a tad over 12v.

This body is compatible with Surefire 6P heads, so I was looking for a dropin that would take advantage of those large C cells as far as max output(Great throw) and runtime go.

Any recommendations?

I just picked up a FiveMega 3 "C" cell body/clicky.
    I figure 3 rechargeable C cells fresh off the charger would be just a tad over 12v.

This body is compatible with Surefire 6P heads, so I was looking for a dropin that would take advantage of those large C cells as far as max output(Great throw) and runtime go.

Any recommendations?

Hi

We could do a 1.4 amp one level XPG or any led that we can run at that amperage. The one level as stated are good to 18v.
    I also could wire a MCE 2S2P and then that 1.4 amp driver will run the MCE at full power. I made a mag for big chelis wire that way with that driver and it is very efficient and quite bright.

After that I am about out of options

Dave

Hey Dave,

The 1.4 amp one level XPG sounds really good.
    Roughly, how many lumens are we looking at?
    Will it have decent throw? I love throw
    What type of runtime do you estimate on those 3 c cells?

Thanks!

Ray

Hey Dave,

The 1.4 amp one level XPG sounds really good.
    Roughly, how many lumens are we looking at?
    Will it have decent throw? I love throw
    What type of runtime do you estimate on those 3 c cells?

Thanks!

Ray
    Hi Ray
    I did a couple like this for two members and the out the front was measurement was 350lumens.
    As for throw I like the throw of it but some as you can read
    think it has more spill than the R2 which may be the wider viewing angle the XPG has.

I can also use a R2 XRE /XPE or this new XPG R4. I myself think it is a good mix of the two.

Dave

It is here! I need to shoot you a PM.

Paypal sent for one D26 SST-50 module, smooth reflector, L/M/H functions, powered by one 18650 battery.

Thanks,
    Mark

of all the new offerings to date is the XRE R2 still considered the best thrower?

we exchanged emails about 2 weeks ago regarding the XRE R2 being the best thrower you have, but now I'm wondering about the XPG R4. can it out throw the R2?

i'm looking for the best thrower available: smo reflector?, 1 level (max output), regulated, SF 6P host (i have one bored for 18650 if i need it)
    what would work better for this application: 2 x rcr123 or 1 x 18650?

thanks
    Last edited by KAP; 10-11-2009 at 02:31 PM.

+

Hey Dave,
    for the XP-G on my pill/pedestal setup.
    3-mode driver,..3~6Volts.

thanks for your time on the PMs'..

Quote Originally Posted by KAP View Post
    of all the new offerings to date is the XRE R2 still considered the best thrower?

Hi KAP

It is just so subjective, I would say you can't go wrong with it. Alot of the folks think the XPG is more floody and with the wider viewing angle it probably is but I myself think it ranks with all of them XRE,XPE, XPG but that is just me.
    They are all very close in performance but the R2 XRE pushed amp wise very well could be.

Dave

Default Re: SST -50/SST-90 & MCE/P7 Custom P60/D26 style drop-in Modules for Sf products (par

Hi Dave,

Got these today after waiting for a torturous 1.5 months. Damn local custom.

The DD beam is nice but the SST-50 is awesome . I really like them both though the DD is more on the lower side. Very noticeable.

Thank you. XP-G S2 from you next.

LightJunk

Quote Originally Posted by LightJunk View Post
    Hi Dave,

for:

1. Qty:1 Osram Diamond Dragon - 3 -6 volts / 1 level / Ultra White LOP

2. Qty:1 Luminus SST-50 - 3.6 -6volts /3 levels / Cool White LOP

Cheers,

LightJunk

Flashaholic

PM sent re single stage XP-G and shipping to Australia.

Flashaholic

XP-G R4, single mode, 1.4amp. + Int shipping

Thanks

For SST-50, 3 level, no strobe, as per our PM.

Thanks,
    John

(Dave, you can thank PSM, he talked me into it)

Don't forget disco mode!

Quote Originally Posted by ptolemy View Post
    well. i actually mean like have 1 light with 3 of these

green, red, normal - and operate via switch, as in first press normal , 2nd red, 3rd green

obviously it would be a custom job, etc but i just wonder if its possible or what type of head would be needed

ah i didnt see your reply

yes, the idea would be to have these 3 in one light.

size of the head wouldn't be an issue but just having them would be nice.

indeed, a custom headsink would be needed and also other 'stuff' thats way over my head such as independent drivers, etc

i picked up epsilon 72 (manufacturers area) and it has a nice head, it might support it (just due to size) and runs off 18650 x2.

since these are all 4.2v max, if they are wired independent, then it would be a nice host (so to speak)

Dave,
    I prefer to have the OP reflector for that SST-50, not the smooth.
    (actually a VLOP reflector would be great if possible)
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by Siskik; 10-12-2009 at 12:28 PM.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast