Foxfury Rook
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: NEW XPG ARE HERE plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (part 3)

Default Re: NEW XPG ARE HERE plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (par

I just received my XPG drop-in. It's a great compromise between throw and flood. And it's quite bright. The tint is a bit yellow/green for my tastes. Maybe we're calling that "warm" these days?

Tint aside, this is a high quality product, and quite a value for the money. My first Nailbender product, but I doubt my last.
    My lights: I've given up on keeping my light list updated!

Default Re: NEW XPG ARE HERE plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (par

My previous post may have been a bit harsh. I'm not accustomed to warm tints and I didn't really understand.

Until I took my new light outside, away from the white walls, and into the real world.

Color rendition was more accurate, and the shadows seemed a little less hard-edged.

Now I understand what people mean when they express a preference for warm tints.
    My lights: I've given up on keeping my light list updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid9P View Post
    SGT,

The OP reflector is yours if you'd like.

I assume these are easy enough to swap?

Hi Buddy

Yours will be mailed tomorrow, that build takes a bit longer as the can has to be sanded and the drivers have to be sanded then all contacts protected plus keep it all tight enough to put a third board on top for battery contact as sandwiches dont have contacts I got it all squeezed in with the help of the vise *just kidding*

Nice and bright you should have a show off light now

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by bonvivantmike View Post
    My previous post may have been a bit harsh. I'm not accustomed to warm tints and I didn't really understand.

Until I took my new light outside, away from the white walls, and into the real world.

Color rendition was more accurate, and the shadows seemed a little less hard-edged.

Now I understand what people mean when they express a preference for warm tints.

Thanks for the reply, I try to pick lights close to the black baseline for tints since I am not a fan of real cold cool lights. This tint does look different depending on what you shine it on and how sensitive your eyes are to certain colors some are more than others.
    I as stated I like the more muted tints and this one ranges between cream and almost grey but is great outside and this and the warm diamond dragon I have are a couple of my favorites. I like the nice cross between throw and spill and often use for my dog walks and going in and out of the woods hunting.

Cheers

dave

I hope you enjoy it.

Dave

Hi I'm sending Paypal for:

1 Cree XP-G R4 3 level

1 Seoul P7 warm with 3 levels

Both for a 6P with 1x18650

On the Cree voltage, would the 3-8.4 work as well as the 3-6 for a single 18650?

Option to run two primary or rechargeable 123's would be great, but don't want it to run poorly with the 18650.

Thanks!

Popcorn Re: NEW XPG ARE HERE plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (par

How many lumens do these dish out

Quote Originally Posted by upsidedownviking View Post
    Hi I'm sending Paypal for:

1 Cree XP-G R4 3 level

1 Seoul P7 warm with 3 levels

Both for a 6P with 1x18650

On the Cree voltage, would the 3-8.4 work as well as the 3-6 for a single 18650?

Option to run two primary or rechargeable 123's would be great, but don't want it to run poorly with the 18650.

Thanks!

Hi

Yes the 8.4 volt should do fine with a single 18650, make sure you understand that drivers 3 levels are hi / low / strobe. I am sure you will be fine but I will check the amperage when i build it.

I do have the warm colored P7 still so that is no problem, is this the direct drive you want or the regulated 3 level light.

thanks

Dave

Thanks for the info, lets go with single level for both if the third level is strobe.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info, lets go with single level for both if the third level is strobe.

Thanks!

Hi

The third level is only strobe on the 8.4 volt version.
    The 3 level 6 volt version of the XPG and the 3 level P7 in either regulated or direct drive are just hi med and low.
    Only the 8.4 amp has strobe so you can still get levels.

Dave

Enlightened

Hey: I could use three bare MCEs--two warm and one neutral tint. Have a total shipped to Kolleyforneah?

Thanks,

Cool, OK then lets go 3-6v Cree, both with 3 levels and direct drive on the P7. Whew, think that got it covered!

Thanks for your patience!

Cool, OK then lets go 3-6v Cree, both with 3 levels and direct drive on the P7. Whew, think that got it covered!

Thanks for your patience!
    Hi
    Don't worry about patience you are spending alot of money lets get it the way you want, that is why we call them custom modules.

Have a great weekend

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by LED Boatguy View Post
    Hey: I could use three bare MCEs--two warm and one neutral tint. Have a total shipped to Kolleyforneah?

Thanks,

Hi

I can do that I moved us over to here on this thread for answer and such.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=229998

Thanks

dave

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    made one for Sgt it was a 3500k warm white XPE which he wanted long run times and low power so I ran it at I believe 350mah on high and 15% of that on low. It gave 60 lumen on high and below 10 on low. Gives great run times.

Now if you don't want it that low I can easily push it two more notches higher without really causing the color to shift but Sgt was after the low light.

Thanks

Dave
    Hi, Dave

I have been using this two level incandescentish drop-in for several weeks now and I really like it. I honestly forget that I am not using an incandescent, even outdoors. I think two levels is plenty. The low is nice and I kind of like that at the highest setting it is still going to run for hours. Makes a great camping/outdoor light. Anyways, PP sent for one more. Thanks!
    Light is sweet and pleasing to the eyes....

Quote Originally Posted by leukos View Post
    Hi, Dave

I have been using this two level incandescentish drop-in for several weeks now and I really like it. I honestly forget that I am not using an incandescent, even outdoors. I think two levels is plenty. The low is nice and I kind of like that at the highest setting it is still going to run for hours. Makes a great camping/outdoor light. Anyways, PP sent for one more. Thanks!

HI

I had an idea you would like it Sgt really likes his.
    I was wondering how you liked it.

For the difference in run time it almost makes you wonder why you even used the incan.

The other thing is an incan has a definite fairly limited life span on the actual light engine. Running at these levels you should get the total expected life span on the led which is 40 or 50k hours which is about forever.

I will get one ready, I will get in the mail either Monday or Tuesday as i will be out of the office tomorrow.

Thanks

Dave

*Flashaholic*

Got my XP-G R4 1C 3-level 3.6V-8.4V D26 module and it's excellent. I'm running in a 9P with 2x17500 cells, and love the throw and brightness. The UI is taking some practice, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Great work, Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post
    Got my XP-G R4 1C 3-level 3.6V-8.4V D26 module and it's excellent. I'm running in a 9P with 2x17500 cells, and love the throw and brightness. The UI is taking some practice, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Great work, Dave!

thanks Donn

I have found I really like the throw the R4 has and yet a nice amount of spill and I like not seeing the angry blue of some cool leds.

Dave

Isn't the Diamond Dragon capable of ~400 lumens output? How hard are you driving the Diamond Dragons?
    "For every good deed, there is an equal an opposite bad deed."

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    Isn't the Diamond Dragon capable of ~400 lumens output? How hard are you driving the Diamond Dragons?
    It depends on if it is cool or not and the 400 would be bulb lumens as I have never gotten close to that figure.

They are rated at 2amps and i can drive the warm DD that hard but sometimes the cool have trouble with 2amps since with these cans there is little heat sinking.

I will see if I can put a cool one together and see what an actual OTF is but I believe 400 to be a manufacture spec not a true OTF but I have been wrong before

Thanks

dave

Seoul P7 warm with 3 levels
    This is what I carry and I LOVE it! Great choice!
    Surefire 18650 Bored Hosts & Cerakote!
    I am visually impaired please excuse my typos =P

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by mknewman View Post
    I got my 2 three level Direct Drive SST-90's yesterday [...]

They are labeled 800 lumens and I think it's every bit of that.
    Have I missed something, or was it just the the labels that were updated?

Quote Originally Posted by elho View Post
    Have I missed something, or was it just the the labels that were updated?

Hi

I am not sure what you are referring to, I measure each drop as I put the label on. There can be quite a bit of difference between leds.

Dave

Buttrock Re: NEW XPG ARE HERE plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (par

Quote Originally Posted by xith View Post

As per our PM.

Unique Transaction ID #2PU00928LB9366410

-Xith

Received and installed into my 6P.. (DD Warm, 3stage, 6v... had to remove the spring completely)

OH EM GEE!

Thanks so much. Great craftsmanship. INCREDIBLE emitter.
    Now I know why people have such high regards for you man!

I will be sending you more $$ tomorrow for another to drop in my G2.

Thanks again

-Xith
    Last edited by xith; 11-02-2009 at 07:23 AM. Reason: typo

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    I am not sure what you are referring to, I measure each drop as I put the label on.
    Oh, wow, I was not aware, that you put that extra effort into every single drop-in, instead of just measuring a few samples. Way to go!

Out of curiosity, what kind of setup do you use for the measurements, simple lightbox, MrGman-style semi-calibrated IS, ....?

Quote Originally Posted by elho View Post
    Oh, wow, I was not aware, that you put that extra effort into every single drop-in, instead of just measuring a few samples. Way to go!

Out of curiosity, what kind of setup do you use for the measurements, simple lightbox, MrGman-style semi-calibrated IS, ....?

Mr Gman style

Dave

Finally had an opportunity to use the SST-90 in FM's 3C body, It was awesome. Thanks for the good work, and good advice

Hey Dave,

I received my : SST-50 1 mode regulated sandwich of 2 1.4 drivers in a smooth reflector 3.6-6V.

757 lumens at start-up settling down into the 600's when it's warm.

HOLY MOLEY this thing freakin Rocks !!!

I am totally stunned that so much light can come from a drop in.
    I've seen and tried so many in the past, but your SST-50 has blown
    anything I have ever seen away. Well Done Brother

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Kid9P View Post
    Hey Dave,

I received my : SST-50 1 mode regulated sandwich of 2 1.4 drivers in a smooth reflector 3.6-6V.

757 lumens at start-up settling down into the 600's when it's warm.

HOLY MOLEY this thing freakin Rocks !!!

I am totally stunned that so much light can come from a drop in.
    I've seen and tried so many in the past, but your SST-50 has blown
    anything I have ever seen away. Well Done Brother

Ray

Hi Ray

Now you have something to take to your get together.

It amazes me that there really is quite a bit of difference in the different bins available. I have seen cool ones run from 450 to almost 800 lumens at turn on using the same config. and the problem is you really never know when you will hit a really good one.

The tint of the ones you received was very nice also.

Thanks Ray

Dave

I need a good duty light. I'm going to start with a bored 6P and an AW 2600 mah 18650. I want a light that is a decent mix of throw and flood (not enough throw to light up half a mile away, just something use able).

I think the SST-50 is the answer.

I see the input voltage is 3.6 - 6 volts. So that means if I order one it will run regulated on my 18650 correct? About how long should I expect 100% brightness? Will it slowly dim after falling out of regulation or a sudden shutoff?

Lots of question, and I've searched so much I've given up on google. Sorry nailbender, I figured if you didn't know someone might. I got carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by Search View Post
    I need a good duty light. I'm going to start with a bored 6P and an AW 2600 mah 18650. I want a light that is a decent mix of throw and flood (not enough throw to light up half a mile away, just something use able).

I think the SST-50 is the answer.

I see the input voltage is 3.6 - 6 volts. So that means if I order one it will run regulated on my 18650 correct? About how long should I expect 100% brightness? Will it slowly dim after falling out of regulation or a sudden shutoff?

Lots of question, and I've searched so much I've given up on google. Sorry nailbender, I figured if you didn't know someone might. I got carried away.

Hi

Yes it will run on one 18650 or 2Xcr123 primaries also. These are direct drive so they will dim slowly. i am not sure how long on that battery but I would guess about 45 minutes or so. With levels you can stretch the run time by turning it down when high is not needed

The SST 50 is a good mixture of through and spill but it is probably among the top 3 in brightness and price. It has a very smooth hotspot.
    The XPG is also a good one for a good mixture of throw and spill. Only about half as bright but still quite bright.

thanks

Dave

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021 LastLast