• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired NEW XPG ARE HERE plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (part 3)

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
NEW XPG ARE HERE plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (part 3)

PART 3 !!! P60 Style Custom Drop - in modules for SF and other Products. (part 2 can be found here)

Here I am offering P60 Style drop ins, they are available with Leds from the following manufacturers and some of the leds that will be offered are below.

SSC Seoul
- P7 , P4
Cree - MC-E , XP-E, XRE , UV THE NEW XPG are here
Osram - Diamond Dragon , Golden Dragon Plus, GDP IR/
Luminus - SST -50, SST -90
Nichia - UV
K2 TFFC
-
Rebel

Please refer only to part 3 for prices and current selections.

These modules will fit any flashlight that accepts a standard P60/D26 Style module.

Here are some pictures of a couple of modules

Here is one of the emitter in the base and converter board
emittersmall.jpg
Driversmalljpg.jpg

View of the module from the top and typical beam shot

Finishedtopsmall.jpg
Wallshotsmall.jpg

You can still see a bit of a doughnut hole in this picture but most of the time we can focus all or most of it out.

This is a picture of the new reflector made for the Cree XPE & XPG This gives a very smooth and concentrated hotspot.
XPEmodule-1.jpg

All of the modules end up being as close to standard length as possible The large die leds are much thicker and there is a small possibilty that there will be a crack at the head and body. I keep all as short as possible so if there is a crack there is probably nothing that can be done.

All hosts are slightly different and one module may fit tight in a SF product and a bit loose in a FM Nite clone or an FM C but they will fit all. One may have to have the spring cut down to allow the head to close more or a whole spring may be needed to keep the module from rattling.

Here are some of the modules that can be purchased with some of the configurations.

Most LED's are carried in Cool White, Neutral White, or Warm white. Please ask if available for your led.

Seoul P7 $65 -
3.6v - 6volts /1- 3 or 5 levels /Cool or warm tint
Seoul P4 $ 30 - 3.6 - 6 volts (14V?) 3 or 5 levels/ Neutral White

Cree XRE - XPE - $30
- 3.6 - 6 volts 3 / 3.6 -8.4V 3? &5 levels / XPE R2 available in Cool / neutral (Q4 5B) and warm tints
Cree
XP-G R4 -$35 C1 tint Cool white only / 3-6volts 3 levels / 5 ? / 3-8.4volts in 3? or 5 levels.
Cree MCE $ 75 - 3.6 - 6 volts/ 1 - 3 or 5 levels / Cool - Neutral - Warm bins
Cree UV XL 7090 $45
(395nm) 3v-6volts /1 level

Osram Diamond Dragon $40 - 3.6 -6 volts / 1 level / Ultra White and WARM WHITE/True Green / Red
Osram Golden Dragon Plus $40 -3.6 - 6 volts -/ 3.6 - 8.4v /3 or 5 level/ Ultra White, White, Warm White tints
Osram Golden Dragon IR $40 (850 & 940nm)-3.6v- 6 volts /1 level

Luminus SST-50 - 3.6 -6volts /1 - 3 or 5 levels / Cool White
(PM for Quote)
Luminus SST -90 - 3.6 -6 volts /1 - 3 or 5 Levels / Cool White - Green - Red(PM for Quote)

K2 TFFC - $40 - 3V- 6 volts / 1 level / Cool White - warm white
Rebel - $30 -3v-6volts /3 and 5 levels /cool white , neutral white

Nichia UV 365nm (PM for Quote)

I try to buy and test the newest bins as they come out such as R2 flux bin WD tint in both XPE and long throwing XRE or the new Luminus products

I have Neutral whites for most of the leds I stock including Q4 5B in XRE and Q3 4C , 5B in XPE. I also have neutral whites in MCE with Kbin 4C & 5B. Don't forget UBin P4's

I also have a wide variety of Warm whites in stock from most manufacturers.

If you have 3P one cell lights that are your favorites I have great long running lights with buck boost converters that will give some of the longest run times you will find in lights like XRE, XPE, GDP.

Just remember if you don't see it or don't understand something just write and Iwill see if can help.

Please specify what host and batts you are using when inquiring about a module or led. There are many driver configurations and the change regularly as demand changes.

When ordering please post your order in the thread plus put details of order in PayPal notes. Also please list CPF Nickname in paypal notes. paypal has been bad lately about not sending shipping addresses please make sure it is listed in paypal or in paypal notes.

MY Paypal info in biography or PM for.

I will be posting beam shots below in the next couple of days all in one place now that we have started another part.

D36 for M STYLE lights are (HERE)

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60/D26 style drop-in Modules for Sf products (part 3)

While these are not new modules I thought it a good place to show these heads.

These are some Chinese cloned Lamp Holders they fit all C & P Surefire models and most clones I would imagine. I bought some to fill some FM C hosts & FM Nite hosts I had that needed heads, I bought a couple of each while I was getting some.

The quality is quite good I thought. There may be a speck of anno missing where the aggressive flutes and ribs are but very little as you can see by the pictures.
The ribs and flutes should help cool the heads some.

Any bezels you have for your C or P surefire or clones will fit these just like they do any SF product.

Here are pictures, hopefully most detail can be seen since they are black it is harder to show.
Left side I call bottom ribbed and hex shape. Right side is bottom ribbed & fluted

bottomfinHexnoflute.jpg
bottomfluteFin.jpg

Left side I call top ribbed & fluted is my favorite although may be to aggressive for some. Right side is top view as top is same on all

topfluteandrib.jpg
topshot.jpg

Here they are on a FM C style host and a 18650 FM Nite host
onhosts2.jpg

Prices are the same for any of the three.

Price of heads are $ 30 shipping included CONUS

Any Questions let me know . I have a few I bought for samples that I will sell and are available now.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

SST-50 on left and SST -90 on the right
SST-50.jpg
sstbeam.jpg

Warm MCE on Left & Mbin Cool White on Right.
warmwhitebeamshot.jpg
CoolWhite.jpg

XPE Beam shot / XPE R2 VS Diamond Dragon

xpebeamshot.jpg
R2XPEonleftDDonright-1.jpg

XRE R2 VS K2 TFFC Warm / P7 VS XPE R2

R2K2TFFCsmall-1.jpg
P7R2-D01binXRE.jpg

P7 beam shot / MCE warm

P7Hotspot.jpg
WarmMop.jpg

Red Diamond Dragon on left / Green Diamond Dragon on right

Red.jpg
Green.jpg

Green SST 90

greensst90.jpg

XPG R4 looks great with very smooth beam in these reflectors

XPGC1.jpg

nailbender_cpf

Last edited:

Jimed315

Newly Enlightened

How much is the SST-50 and the SST-90?
How do they do with a SMO reflector?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Is a specific output level something we can request on one of the 1 speed modules?
Something very low with an insane runtime perhaps? I don't have an SST-50 module yet.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is a specific output level something we can request on one of the 1 speed modules?
Something very low with an insane runtime perhaps? I don't have an SST-50 module yet.

HI Sgt

I saw the thread and have been thinking about it and I am thinking that a two or three level that already has a 15% level. I could then use a warm white XPE run @350MA, by the time we knock that 350 down to 15% using a warm white and I think we would get close to what you are looking for.

Dave

Metatron

Banned
Re: SST -50/SST-90 & MCE/P7 Custom P60/D26 style drop-in Modules for Sf products (par

ok, am pondering a few alternatives, the host is an aleph III, 17670 batt.

sst 50 3amp :clap: OR
P7 @ full tilt 2.8 amp warm white:twothumbs

ur thoughts?

Last edited:

rusky

Newly Enlightened
Re: SST -50/SST-90 & MCE/P7 Custom P60/D26 style drop-in Modules for Sf products (par

How much is shipping outside of the 48? You know, for us not on the MainLand.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't know if I missed this info, but what can you tell us about the sst-50 and 90 drop ins?
What is the beam like, say, compared to the P7 that I got from you (and love!) Can they run off 2 primaries? Which is brighter? How do the beams differ?

Thanks!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't know if I missed this info, but what can you tell us about the sst-50 and 90 drop ins?
What is the beam like, say, compared to the P7 that I got from you (and love!) Can they run off 2 primaries? Which is brighter? How do the beams differ?

Thanks!

Hi
The beam on both are very round with well defined hotspots and a nicely defined corona for spill. The SST- 50 is much more concentrated and the SST-90 is much more floody but you can still discern the hotspot.

The SST-50 with the bins we are getting is after warm up about twice as bright as an R2 or around low to mid 400's depending on bins and batts.
The SST - 90 I think is a bit brighter than the P7 but it is floody, now it still throws but with the massive spill it is harder to notice.

I use the same direct drive board as I do on the P7 with either or I will use a 2.5 amp driver on the SST-50 if you would prefer.

Dave

openbolt1

Enlightened

Dave,

I bought & received one of these from you:
Osram Diamond Dragon
$40
- 3 -6 volts / 1 level / Ultra White

I just wanted to say how pleased I am with it. I dropped it into a bored S/F 6P with a single AW 18650. To me the beam looks just like my NovaTac SSC P4 but a whole lot brighter. Nice even spill with a great hotspot and nice white tint. Sorta like a high powered P4 in your 6P. I'm very happy with it and I look forward to purchasing another drop-in from you.

It's nice to be able to receive exactly what you ordered. So many times I have purchased drop-in's and they turned out disappointing. Most all production LED drop-in's for the D26 have rings and poor tint.

Yours are made to order and checked for quality before shipping. Keep up the good work and I'll bet you should be able to fill a nice niche with these.

All the best,

openbolt

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

Interested in 3-mode XP-E, read many posts...

what is the Low level driven at {mA} & the frequency of modulation on Low?

thanks.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

Interested in 3-mode XP-E, read many posts...

what is the Low level driven at {mA} & the frequency of modulation on Low?

thanks.

Hi

If we use a 1.2 amp driver and low is 15% then it will be around 180ma.
As for frequency I really don't know sorry

Dave

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

If we use a 1.2 amp driver and low is 15% then it will be around 180ma.
As for frequency I really don't know sorry

Dave

+

PM sent

Last edited:

Jimed315

Newly Enlightened

Dave,
what has the best throw,the XPE or the XRE with a smoothe reflector?