Foxfury Scout
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW XPG ARE HERE plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (part 3)

Default Re: SST -50/SST-90 & MCE/P7 Custom P60/D26 style drop-in Modules for Sf products (par

Quote Originally Posted by rusky View Post
    PP sent for XRE warm 3 level.
    Thank You

cheers

Dave

Default Re: SST -50/SST-90 & MCE/P7 Custom P60/D26 style drop-in Modules for Sf products (par

PM inbound!
    "...and the diode multiplied and grew in brightness. And God saw that it was good."

Dave,

Picked up a G2 host. Looking for 3 levels, neutral to warm, prefer flood over throw (actually looking for minimal hot spot). What do you recommend?

Neale

Quote Originally Posted by nfetterly View Post
    Dave,

Picked up a G2 host. Looking for 3 levels, neutral to warm, prefer flood over throw (actually looking for minimal hot spot). What do you recommend?

Neale
    I think that we have 3 good possiblilities, I can put a XPE in an XRE reflector or a golden dragon plus they tend to blend hot spot into spill. The XRE in a reflector I resputter makes it much more floody.

The GDP is only about 4500K which osram calls warm. The XPE and XRE I have some below 4000k

I thnk the GDP might do what you want if that is warm enough.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    I can put a XPE in an XRE reflector or a golden dragon plus they tend to blend hot spot into spill.

I thnk the GDP might do what you want if that is warm enough.

Dave
    Just to be certain, you're recommending a GDP in an XRE reflector?

Just to be certain, you're recommending a GDP in an XRE reflector?

The XRE reflector is what I have been using for GDP until I got some XPE reflectors that I have modded a smaller opening for the GDP. Most all are using XRE reflectors for GDP since there really are none made just for it.

The XRE reflector give a wide smooth less dedicated hotspot which is what I thought you wanted.

The XPE does almost the same in an XRE but a bit more defined.

Dave

Dave,

PM sent with a few questions. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ecallahan View Post
    Dave,

PM sent with a few questions. Thanks!

PM replied

Thanks

dave

I saw someone else asked earlier but I haven't yet seen the answer unless I missed it. Price on the SST-50 and SST-90?
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Almine

Enlightened

Hi,

Will you be making a SST-90 running for more than 8.4v. Thinking of a setup using FM 2C and deep turbohead.

Quote Originally Posted by icaruz View Post
    Hi,

Will you be making a SST-90 running for more than 8.4v. Thinking of a setup using FM 2C and deep turbohead.
    Hi

I would love to but for now I don't have a driver solution for that. A FM 2 C would be awesome as I use his 1 C most of the time since it can handle all big leds and still have some drive time.

I will keep looking. I bought a bunch of some the other day and should have tested better but did not and now I have a bunch that turns down because of heat with in about ten minutes.

Dave

For G2 - GDP in an XRE reflector, "warm", 3 levels

For G2 - GDP in an XRE reflector, "warm", 3 levels

Thanks I will make today ans ship tomorrow AM

Dave

Fast service! The drop-in may even beat the host here, if not it will give me just enough time to change out the tailcap guts for netkidz clicky.

Dave,

Thanks for answering my questions. Paypal was sent for the 3-level direct drive, MC-E.

Thanks!

Dave,

Money Order sent for a bright warm, P7, 3 mode, direct drive, smo reflector. Shipping address in note. Thanks for all your answers. Top shelf guy and builder!

Jeff

Re. Cree XRE - XPE $30 - 3 - 6 volts (14V?)

Can these be used with 2xIMR cells in series?

Also, pm sent to up my order a little!

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by peterthomson View Post
    Re. Cree XRE - XPE $30 - 3 - 6 volts (14V?)

Can these be used with 2xIMR cells in series?

Also, pm sent to up my order a little!

Pete.
    H iPete

Sorry those shipped today and are 6 volts max that mean NO 2X16340

The only thing I have that will accommodate 14 volts is a one level driver that works to 18volts. Problem is it take at least 2 cells to really get going as the voltage range is 4-18 votls. This driver of course is one level.
    I had been waiting almost two months for a 1.4 amp 3 level driver and when finished they sent a picture first thank goodness since it would have taken a maglite at best to fit it into so no go on modules.

Dave

Hi All

PeterThompson
    ecallahan
    rusky
    nfetterly
    viper715

your modules shipped today

Glockboy yours is packed and will leave in AM

Thanks

Dave

Hi Nailbender
    I’ have just both “FinHead" Custom Fivemega Heatsink Bezel +FM 1x18650 (not received yet). What do you think to put in either a SST -50 or SST-90? Will the flashlight be to hot or will it function well. Can you give me a god solution to my new pocketrocket.
    Thanks
    JETBeam -III PRO I.B.S. - Nitecore D10 - Lupine Betty X Pro - Sgt Burkett K2 - Custom MC-E by download - Golden Mini M*g by fivemega - Maratac AAA - "FinHead" Custom Fivemega + SST 90 nailbender

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hi Nailbender
    I’ have just both “FinHead" Custom Fivemega Heatsink Bezel +FM 1x18650 (not received yet). What do you think to put in either a SST -50 or SST-90? Will the flashlight be to hot or will it function well. Can you give me a god solution to my new pocketrocket.
    Thanks
    HI

I have a 18650 FM Nite host but I do not have on of the heat sink bezels but if it works somewhat like Five Megas turbo C head you will be happy.
    I think that you will be able to handle heat with the SST 50 for the longest time as the performance is much like a MCE at the levels we can push it at but the beam is much nicer.

The SST 90 will still do well heat wise for awhile but will end up getting hot before the battery will run down.
    The best way to handle it is to use a 3 or 5 level board then when heat build up becomes a factor you can turn it down. It is very bright and on med is as bright as some other leds.

CHeers

Dave

Ok, can you bulid me a drop-in modul with sst90, 3 level board.
    Let me know the price and I' will paypal.
    Thanks
    JETBeam -III PRO I.B.S. - Nitecore D10 - Lupine Betty X Pro - Sgt Burkett K2 - Custom MC-E by download - Golden Mini M*g by fivemega - Maratac AAA - "FinHead" Custom Fivemega + SST 90 nailbender

I' hope I' know what I'm doing

Hi,

have the 3-stage modules a memory-function?

And I can't find a price for the SST-50 Drop-Ins.

Can you tell my a price please. Thanks.

Greetings
    Dirk

i am looking for 2 builds

1x18650, sst-50 - 3 level, with vlop reflector, cool white

1x16340 cree xpe with vlop reflector, 3levels 100%inclusive 1RCRr123 OR CR123 -$30

are these in stock ? and how much shipping do i have for you ?
    sparkle and shine

Quote Originally Posted by blitzlicht65 View Post
    Hi,

have the 3-stage modules a memory-function?

And I can't find a price for the SST-50 Drop-Ins.

Can you tell my a price please. Thanks.

Greetings
    The 3 level does have memory

PM sent

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by nitnapz View Post
    i am looking for 2 builds

1x18650, sst-50 - 3 level, with vlop reflector, cool white

1x16340 cree xpe with vlop reflector, 3levels 100%inclusive 1RCRr123 OR CR123 -$30

are these in stock ? and how much shipping do i have for you ?
    Hi

PM sent

I usually build as I go since I try to offer custom solutions. I keep all the components ready for the build so it doesn't take so long such as I keep plenty of leds on boards and leads on drivers for examples.

I ship with in two days of funds receipt and alot of times next day.

Thanks

Dave

Dave what I want to know is when you sleep? I'm up at all weird hours and you seem to always answer my pms super quick.

I mean I bet you have plenty to build but unless your a robot I don't get it!! I'm not complaining, just another positive aspect of dave. You never fail to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by camaro09 View Post
    Dave what I want to know is when you sleep? I'm up at all weird hours and you seem to always answer my pms super quick.

I mean I bet you have plenty to build but unless your a robot I don't get it!! I'm not complaining, just another positive aspect of dave. You never fail to amaze me.
    LOL Sleep is not one of the things I do best.
    My sleep went with the economy a couple of years back.

Dave

PM replied with my order.

Thanks for the quick answer.
    Dirk

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast