AerVoid

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
AerVoid makes stainless steel insulated food and liquid carriers that are expensive and worth it if you can afford it.
I saved two from a junk pile a few years ago without the faucets.
What a deal! Just buy new faucets and I'm good to go.
Faucets are $202.13...

Has anybody here any experience with them?
What is the thread measurement and type?
I've been to auto mechanics, Hydraulic shops, hardware stores and nobody has been able to tell me what the thread is on male portion the faucet screws onto.
Everybody looks at it, grabs something close (about 5/8ths OD) and then says, "That's odd?"

ypsifly

Enlightened
I work with a steel version, had my porters take them to a storage basement a few days ago. I'm not working at that unit this week but I think I'm back down there on Tuesday. Are you able to put up some pics of yours? Ours look like old school milk jugs. I might be able to take some measurements or even come up with a solution thats cheaper than buying them at $200+ a pop.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work with a steel version, had my porters take them to a storage basement a few days ago. I'm not working at that unit this week but I think I'm back down there on Tuesday. Are you able to put up some pics of yours? Ours look like old school milk jugs. I might be able to take some measurements or even come up with a solution thats cheaper than buying them at $200+ a pop.

This is the best I can do and they do look like old time milk containers.
Please let me know if you have any ideas.

ypsifly

Enlightened
I found two in storage today that look more or less like the ones you linked. Unfortunatly they both have something like Lock Tite on the threads of the faucets, so no getting them off for measuring.

Sometimes you can find replacement parts at a local restaurant re-sale shop. In the meantime I'll keep an eye out for our other Aer Voids. Maybe I can get a measurement from them.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found two in storage today that look more or less like the ones you linked. Unfortunatly they both have something like Lock Tite on the threads of the faucets, so no getting them off for measuring.

Sometimes you can find replacement parts at a local restaurant re-sale shop. In the meantime I'll keep an eye out for our other Aer Voids. Maybe I can get a measurement from them.
Thanks.