If you like the Utili-Key, then you might like:

dandism

Enlightened
So I have been using the Utili-key for the past 4 years or so. I love it, use it almost every day. The features it packs while being very compact and lightweight are so impressive that I have had to buy ~5 more to give to friends. So Since I'm new to this forum, I want to see what other little multi-tools are out there to maybe replace it. :eek:

-Dan

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
gerber artifact maybe? (offers some prying power)

i had one and lost it on second day of ownership so i really dont know if its good or not long term but due the brief tim i had it it was cool. (hated the knife part.. would of taken it out later)

i lost it because i loaned it to friend of mine whom used it to open some parcels with it on the driveway of his firm and then accidentally dropped it down the drain. thru the man hole. (refunded me it wholly.. but havent bought new one yet) *glad i didnt give him my pocket knife. that he should of dived in to get it back! hahah*

gorn

Enlightened
I have carried a Utili-Key on all of my key rings for over 10 years. Great little tool. It did bother me that just before I retired the FBI sent out a disguised weapon TSA terrorist bulliten that included the Utili-Key.

I found a place a few years ago that still had a stock of the gold plated ones. I picked up a few and replaced the old stainless ones on my rings with them. I haven't found any multi tool that I would replace the Utili-Key with.

Caesis

Newly Enlightened
To be clear ... the blade on the multi-tool is covered up when closed ... so I can put it on a ring without cutting my clothes and my skin?

This thing looks cool ...

EDIT: Oh yeah, to contribute to your thread ... here's a flash drive literally the size of a key, to go on a keychain.

http://www.lacie.com/us/products/product.htm?pid=11225

Last edited:

dandism

Enlightened
To be clear ... the blade on the multi-tool is covered up when closed ... so I can put it on a ring without cutting my clothes and my skin?

This thing looks cool ...

EDIT: Oh yeah, to contribute to your thread ... here's a flash drive literally the size of a key, to go on a keychain.

http://www.lacie.com/us/products/product.htm?pid=11225

Yes, the blade is covered when closed. That flash drive key is pretty cool.

dodge_911

Newly Enlightened
Lol, i have a Lacie iamaKey and a gold-plated Utili-Key on my keychain ;)
Still lookin' for some kind of keychain light thought, at the moment I got one of those DX 22000 mcd thingies on it.

spaceman

Newly Enlightened
Gerber makes the "Shard," now, which is essentially the Artifact without the gimmicky Xacto blade.
I'm guessing that the shard would be OK to take on a plane. Does anyone know if this is definitely the case? It would be great to have something I could take anywhere at all!
Thanks.