Imalent        
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920

Thread: Maui time (Pictures) - 3

Default Re: Maui time (Pictures) - 3

Spectacular! As always! Thank you, Don!
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Eye-popping. I suspect you are applying some enhancement and correction digitally. Any tips for new shooters of bland but otherwise possibly decent underwater captures?

edit: my brother shoots, and gave me a clue, less correction than I would think, but an orange lens filter and probably a flash
    Last edited by night.hoodie; 02-08-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by night.hoodie View Post
    Eye-popping. I suspect you are applying some enhancement and correction digitally. Any tips for new shooters of bland but otherwise possibly decent underwater captures?

edit: my brother shoots, and gave me a clue, less correction than I would think, but an orange lens filter and probably a flash
    I shoot in raw and with white balance set at daylight. I then use Photoshop Bridge to color correct for white balance. Post production is critical if you are using ambient light which is what I use. Colored filters can help but the spectral composition is a function of the total distance in water that the light travels and on any specific day, the adjustment will depend on how deep and how far away from the subject of interest you are.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

WOW! Amazing pictures Don. I just went through the vast majority of this thread, what a great collection you have accumulated.

OK, a few more whale shots from this season that recently ended:

Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Flashaholic

Wow, absolutely amazing photos. Thanks for sharing Don!

Awesome Don! Thanks for the updated photos. Amazing job.

Flashaholic

Wow!! Great photos!

If I had the money I would live in Hawaii 3 months, Italy 6 months and Lake Placid, N.Y. 3 months! I could live in Italy year round if I wanted to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I would probably miss home!

Flashaholic

This was on page #8.

I know the water is much, much cleaner than the Jersey shore!

However, I noticed her eyes are open w/ no mask. Doesn't the salt water bother here eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminationDomination View Post
    This was on page #8.

I know the water is much, much cleaner than the Jersey shore!

However, I noticed her eyes are open w/ no mask. Doesn't the salt water bother here eyes?
    The wildlife is very adaptable in the Pacific!
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Flashaholic

I just found this thread today! Another great photo from page #8[August 2010]

Another AWESOME picture below. It shows the perspective in a very creative way. The cleanliness of the water is unbelievable!,,,,,is it still the same 8 years later?

The visibility there is typical of a decent day. It can be worse but better as well. The salt water doesn't really sting your eyes as our saline solution in our eyes is about the same salinity as salt water. Unfortunately we can't focus well in salt water. There are kids in some south pacific islands who can see rather well underwater without the need of goggles or a mask. I envy them!!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    The visibility there is typical of a decent day. It can be worse but better as well. The salt water doesn't really sting your eyes as our saline solution in our eyes is about the same salinity as salt water. Unfortunately we can't focus well in salt water. There are kids in some south pacific islands who can see rather well underwater without the need of goggles or a mask. I envy them!!

I have several friends that admire and are fascinated by your photos. You should work for National Geographic as an underwater photographer!

I see no way to email or PM you. I wanted to share this with you!

My beautiful Daria who loves Hawaii[Lives in California] said, "Tell him I will Marry him as long as we live in Hawaii. He can keep his wife."

Daria is not a Morman!!! Here she is 5 years ago.

I have several friends that admire and are fascinated by your photos. You should work for National Geographic as an underwater photographer!

I see no way to email or PM you. I wanted to share this with you!

My beautiful Daria who loves Hawaii[Lives in California] said, "Tell him I will Marry him as long as we live in Hawaii. He can keep his wife."

Daria is not a Morman!!! Here she is 5 years ago.
    LOL. Well I am flattered to be certain! I assume you know about my web site, dmcleish.com where I have too many pics posted by year. I really do enjoy getting out there and trying to get some shots. I was testing a royal blue AquaMule with a long pass filter over Sony Cam and pulled this shot from the test video. (night time checking on fluorescing corals)

Flashaholic

^^^

Nice photo!

I went snorkeling several times in Key West , Fla. many years ago. It was in shallow water and the Snorkel was above the water.

How do your daughters[??] or the young ladies in the photos hold there breath for so long?! Are they in relatively shallow water and hold their breath for a minute or so? Not sure how those underwater snorkels work?

,,,,,,,,Thanks

^^^

Nice photo!

I went snorkeling several times in Key West , Fla. many years ago. It was in shallow water and the Snorkel was above the water.

How do your daughters[??] or the young ladies in the photos hold there breath for so long?! Are they in relatively shallow water and hold their breath for a minute or so? Not sure how those underwater snorkels work?

,,,,,,,,Thanks
    Snorkels only work when the tip is out of the water. Usually keep them in you mouth when you dive so you can quickly clear them when surfacing and then take a breath. Not sure what picture you are referring to with the ladies but most of the people I snorkel with can hold their breath for long enough to dive down 10 - 30 feet and then back to the surface.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    Snorkels only work when the tip is out of the water. Usually keep them in you mouth when you dive so you can quickly clear them when surfacing and then take a breath. Not sure what picture you are referring to with the ladies but most of the people I snorkel with can hold their breath for long enough to dive down 10 - 30 feet and then back to the surface.
    Thanks for explaining. There were numerous pictures with her swimming with turtles in some type of Ray? There was no way to determine the depth of the Water by the photos. I kind of had a feeling it wasn't really really deep. But then again with my lack of knowledge in this area I thought that maybe that snorkel had a secret chamber of oxygen!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920