• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WITHDRAWN: milkyspit Exolion Ti & Lummi Raw Ti combo (2nd Drop) [[MORE PICS]]

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usual rules apply. First to post an :takeit: and timely :paypal: gets it. I'll eat the S&H & fees. Will ship UPS Ground insured w/tracking for Domestic. International I'll eat up to $7 but after that it's on the buyer.

Trades I'd consider are (with either of us making up difference with $ to even out, depending on trade imbalance):
-bare Ti or AlTiN coated Draco with cells and charger/spacer combo, also looking for Sunshine 10280 Ti spare holder
-Extrema Ratio RAO
-Dwaine Carillo "AirKat" folders

1) Exolion Ti & Lummi Raw Ti combo, $375 WITHDRAWN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

What you're looking at are two lights that I'm just not using at the moment. The Exolion I picked up recently but have decided that it's just not for me. The label says "LuxK2-TFFC-UWOE FLuPIC Use Burst For Short Duration ONLY!" and the emitter is well centered from what I can tell. The label was removed by the previous owner but kept on some type of sticker-backing so that it won't lose its stickiness in case the owner wants to reapply it. Has a few very small typical titanium surface scratches here and there but for the most part is mint. My only gripe with this light is that it won't accomodate an AW protected RCR2. If it weren't for that oh-so-slight hiccup I probably wouldn't be selling. As it is though it does fit an unprotected one no problem, and a 14250 cell fits even better. On burst the beam outshines my Nautilus on high. The hotspot dissolves outwardly from the center very nicely. Reminiscent of a Novatac beam. Trit is yellow and from one of Bart's more recent runs.

The other light is one of a few Raw Ti's that were mistakenly machined from Stainless instead. You can read up on this here.
Here's how I discovered it was actually SS after all (excerpt taken from referenced thread):
Due to a mix up with material (Titanium & Stainless Steel) @ the CNC shop. It has just been proven that some of the 40 Raw Ti's that have all been sold are not all Titanium. They were sold as Titanium & have the Raw Ti Logo. It is hard to see any difference between the two.

You can test to see if your Raw Ti is in fact Stainless with the magnets supplied as spacers. Please take out the battery & spring.
If the Magnets slightly cling to the lower body (With out the Battery & spring in) then its not good news. Your Raw Ti as it says on the Logo is made from a Special Aero space Stainless S31 which I am told is only purchased for a particular Job.
Anyway, that's the history behind it. There are some markings obviously, the LE is loose in the head but it doesn't affect operation as far as I can tell. Once the battery is installed there is no rattle whatsoever. Speaking of the LE, if you look closely you should see that the dome has fallen off the emitter. I took it out and tossed it. Should probably be replaced but I'd rather not mess with it, that would make a good project for the new owner. I don't imagine it would hurt anything using it as-is but don't quote me on that. Tint is much warmer than my Raw NS 20/200. I'd eyeball the output of this one at somewhere around 20/160. There is no trit installed and there's some dings on the tail. The previous owner put some type of lanyard system on the end but it slips off very easily if desired by unscrewing body and removing o-ring. That's about all I can think of at this time. Definitely a neat piece to own.....a Raw SS branded as a Raw TI :rolleyes:. I'm just not using it cause I prefer my NS more.

Included are two cells: (1) 3.7v 15266 LiIon and (1) 3.7v 14250 LiIon. The 14250 can be used in either light but the 15266 will not fit the Raw.

Last edited:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: milkyspit Exolion Ti & Lummi Raw Ti combo

Judging by the sticker and the fact that Exolions don't come with K2 TFFC , that light was modded by Milky :thumbsup:. You indeed have quite a rare pair of lights right there..

Hammer Train

Banned

That Exolion is a BEAUTIFUL light - and yes it was modded by Milky a few months back - the beam is incredible from such a small light and really is a one-off!

bf1

Enlightened

Great combo for a great price.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: milkyspit Exolion Ti & Lummi Raw Ti combo (2nd Drop)

Why can't it use AW protected RCR2s?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

How is this still up here?!?!

Someone needs to buy this!

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why can't it use AW protected RCR2s?
They physically are a bit longer than all the unprotected RCR2's I've ever encountered. I'll try to snap a pic tomorrow at work to show you. With a 14250 installed the head will thread all the way down onto the body, with a 15266 it will still thread on but not quite as far. But with a black AW protected RCR2 the threads barely get started before the length of the battery prohibits any further tightening. Yes, it physically works, but not enough so for any foreseeable practical usage.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have an SS one with FLuPIC and K2 and and with a 15266 the LE has to be screwed out a 1/2 turn for the body to make contact. The AW RCR2 fit perfect with the LE screwed in all the way. The two lights shoud have the same dimensions irregardless of the material. :thinking:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's interesting Nake, I'll have to recheck the Exolion tomorrow at work.

I know I said I'm not interested in trades, but I still haven't found my user Ti Draco combo yet. Looking for either bare Ti or AlTiN-coated. I'd also need a couple of batteries & charger/spacer combo. Also looking for one of these for the 10280 cell. The more wear on everything, the better cause I'm gonna keychain carry them.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

I modded my Exolion SS with a K2 TFFC as well, bumped the current & swapped the original UI for a Draco UI (I couldn't stand the no memory). I only use mine with AW protected RCR2 & with a brass battery contact. The stock FLuPIC's PCB in this light (in mine anyway) is thinner than the standard FLuPICs. I did all the modifications to the stock FLuPIC. Sounds like the stock FLuPIC was swapped out? Maybe the issue is due to the thicker PCB?

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast

I modded my Exolion SS with a K2 TFFC as well, bumped the current & swapped the original UI for a Draco UI (I couldn't stand the no memory). I only use mine with AW protected RCR2 & with a brass battery contact. The stock FLuPIC's PCB in this light (in mine anyway) is thinner than the standard FLuPICs. I did all the modifications to the stock FLuPIC. Sounds like the stock FLuPIC was swapped out? Maybe the issue is due to the thicker PCB?

I swapped my Exolion SS with flupic 2.2 and a High CRI Seoul and my AW cells still work fine. These are both great little lights and the Exolons are hard to come by.

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

No idea what's going on with this one then. Maybe I should send it to you darkzero to take a look. Here's some more pics to illustrate what I'm talking about regarding the fit issue.

Last edited:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: milkyspit Exolion Ti & Lummi Raw Ti combo (2nd Drop) [[MORE PICS]]

My reflector is an McR16. Maybe Milky cut down the OD of an McR18 to fit the cap. The 18s are longer though. Just guessing. :)

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: milkyspit Exolion Ti & Lummi Raw Ti combo (2nd Drop) [[MORE PICS]]

One thing that I notice is the lens looks thicker than my stock lens, but that would only account for part of it