Surefire E2E and Lanyards

GreenArcher

Newly Enlightened
Well, bought the lanyard for the SF E2E and did not like it. Not a good fit at all.

I read several threads about lanyards and E2E but still have no clue what the best way to attach one. So which/how did you attach a lanyard to the E2E? The SF lanyard for my G2 fits perfectly.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish SF would make a tailcap lanyard ring for the E series lights. I removed the clip, and now have no place to attach the lanyard to.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
You could make a lanyard loop out of the pocket clip. This will also serve to close the gap and keep the O-ring in the bore.

lanyard-loop.jpg

If you heat the clip to red hot in a vise with a torch, it is easy to bend without breaking.

- Don

GreenArcher

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, I was hoping to just buy something. I guess we'll wait for Surefire to provide a better lanyard attachment to the E series flashlights.

I like the idea of bending the clip but it's too complicated for me.

GreenArcher

Newly Enlightened
The tiny round ring that came with the Z50 lanyard, when clipped to the E2E doesn't lay flat. It is locked at a perpendicular position. It scratches the metal clip. So this ring gets in the way when holding the light.

The hole in the E2E clip is a lot smaller than the hole on the E2O. From the pictures of the E2), this round ring can lay flat. This is important when carrying the flashlight around your neck on the lanyard.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
GreenArcher,
I think you will find if you get a smaller split ring, it will lay flat for you. If this ring is too small, consider putting a larger split on it.

- Don

rodmeister

Enlightened
I agree with GreenArcher,the E2e lanyard hole is a joke. The smallest split ring I could find sits perpendicular to the clip. Even worse, the light balances at an awkward angle, almost perpendicular, rather than pointing down. This makes it impractical and uncomfortable to hang around the neck. Somebody at Surefire wasn't thinking.

The lanyard holes need to be enlarged to allow a split ring to freely rotate. And the holes needs to be positioned closer to the head allowing the light to dangle closer to the vertical.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
As you say, the stock clip does put the hang point dead amidships; see pic with wrist lanyard below:

wrist-section-on.jpg

One alternative is to get the long clip which will give you a good bezel down hang. If you want a bezel up hang, I think the modified small clip where it is converted into a Lanyard loop is the best solution.

- Don