Orange Monster or Black Monster?

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I wear a black monster. Thought about the orange, but it just stands out too much for my liking.

That said, standing out may be a plus for you.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black monster easily. How often do you want to wear a bright orange watch on your wrist? :laughing:

R@ndom

Enlightened
Black monster easily. How often do you want to wear a bright orange watch on your wrist? :laughing:

What voltage is orange! :eek:oo:

That's awesome!

Now I'm even more anxious to get my orange EDCF model! :twothumbs

I WILL have that 551 Orange!

Oh and the scales are a type of very tough nylon. :thumbsup:

So, let's see some pics of your orange knives! I started picking up some orange a couple months ago, and am growing rather attached to the color. Whether it's wood, G-10, Carbon Fiber, or whatever, I see lot's of great knives out there dressed in orange or orange and black. My most recent is a Hinderer Flashpoint. Still looking for an XM-18 to match, so keep me in mind!

Here's my current collection, growing weekly:

(L-R) BRKT Aroura, RAT RC-4, Downeast Knives Companion, BM Griptillian, Busse Active Duty, Hinderer Flashpoint

DSC_0050copy.jpg

DSC_0046copy.jpg

:twothumbs

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If you enjoy being noticed and like to stand out, get the Orange.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orange monster wouldbe my choice, but then again I have more than a few orange divers as I am partial to them. My favorite watch is a late 60s Bulova Snorkel.

snorkelleather.jpg

Another fav is an Seiko SKX011J

bwbridge.jpg

But I happ[en to like bright watches, especially for summer. I have black for winter months or business.

sea3-1.jpg

Last edited:

shrap

Enlightened
I've owned both before, and kept the Orange Monster quite a bit longer (still sold both).

The Orange Monster is surprisingly easier to read. The Black Monster only has two colors: black and white. The hands, hour markers, and minute markers are all white. It's kind of hard to focus on just the hands since the whole thing has white lines streaming everywhere from the center, like some kind of starburst.

The Orange Monster has white hands, outlined in black, on an orange dial, with the minute markers in black. It's a lot easier to read, the hands don't mix into the dial as much.

And to those trying to be discreet with a huge watch that glows like crazy if exposed to the sun, good luck!

da.gee

Enlightened
Just received an Orange Monster for my b-day. Liking it mucho. I hope it lasts a good while.

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't help you choose, but I haven't even looked at another watch since I got my Black Monster w/SS bracelet several years ago. It runs a few minutes fast every few weeks, so I have to set it back now and then, but at least it never makes me late.

I have another Seiko diver for work, a wonderful Ti Seiko that just doesn't "feel right" any more, a nice Bulova for church. I never wear any of them. Honestly not sure where I have them put up.
Have to clean up the Monster fairly often, and some of my coworkers occasionally tell me they can't believe I wear it there, but I don't want to wear anything else. The total coverage of scratches just gives it more of a matte finish, and are only individually discernible from less than a foot.
I keep thinking about buying a spare, just in case anything ever happens to it, but still have a Seiko auto diver with the same movement that I bought before the last week of jump school over 19 years ago. It's beat to crap, been through over half a dozen straps, the crystal is covered with craters from welding splatter, and the face has been knocked loose so that it turns around on its own. Guess I only keep it for sentimental value(since I was wearing it on all my jumps, while I've broken up with three fiances, been through four total loss accidents, and have had it cut off me in a trauma center), but the mechanism itself still works fine.
Hopefully one day my Black Monster will be reminiscent of just as many memories and adventures.
But hopefully a little less pain...:rolleyes:

D.Kinty

Newly Enlightened
Orange Monster or Black Monster

they look okbut there are already orange and black pods..ill give 7/10 thou.