Maha-c9000 what does MAH mean?

apples

Newly Enlightened
Hey I just got a maha-c9000 charger.

What does the MAH mean? is thi show much power is in the battery right now?

How can I tell how full the batteries are when I first put them in?

Peter

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hey I just got a maha-c9000 charger.

What does the MAH mean? is thi show much power is in the battery right now?

How can I tell how full the batteries are when I first put them in?

Peter

milli ampere hours, that is energy and is current drain multiplied with time, i.e. 2000mAh is 2000 mA in one hour or 100 mA in 20 hours

You batteries are marked with how many mAh the can contain when they are full and the Maha charger displays how many mAh it fills into the batteries or discharges from the batteries, depending on what program you select.

The only way to measure accurately how much is on you batteries, is by discharging them.

apples

Newly Enlightened
so right now it is saying:

997MA - is this how much I am putting in (call it 1000). so 1000 into a 2000mAh means it needs to charge for 2hrs from flat at 1000 milli. amps?

504MAH - so that means if it displays say 500mAh, it has put in 500 into a battery that can hold 2000? So when it stops, and if it keeps cycling throught the information what ever it stops at is how much power it put in then?

So a 2000mAh battery and the charger puts in say 1500ma, then the battery was abiout 1/4 full then?

I understand that the battery will never be spot on 2000mAh.

Peter

HKJ

Flashaholic
so right now it is saying:

997MA - is this how much I am putting in (call it 1000). so 1000 into a 2000mAh means it needs to charge for 2hrs from flat at 1000 milli. amps?

Correct. Or nearly correct, there are some small losses, i.e. you may need to put 1100mAh into a battery, even if you only has used 1000mAh.

504MAH - so that means if it displays say 500mAh, it has put in 500 into a battery that can hold 2000? So when it stops, and if it keeps cycling throught the information what ever it stops at is how much power it put in then?

Yes, if you have selected charge. If you had selected discharge it would display how much energy was in the battery.

So a 2000mAh battery and the charger puts in say 1500ma, then the battery was abiout 1/4 full then?

I understand that the battery will never be spot on 2000mAh.

Peter

This is also correct. I think you have got the idea now.:twothumbs

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
the question is MAH shouldn't that mean Mega Ampere Hours? :sssh:

Last edited:

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think rizky is pointing out that it should be mA and mAh.

But, since we're on the subject, wouldn't it be Mega Hours as well? :laughing:

I screw up various acronyms all the time. For the past month or so, I've been typing NiCD when it really should be NiCd or NiCad. In the case of mA and mAh though, those are actually symbols, not acronyms, for those terms.

Dave

oldpal

Enlightened
milli ampere hours, that is energy and is current drain multiplied with time, i.e. 2000mAh is 2000 mA in one hour or 100 mA in 20 hours

Not directly a measure of energy, but that of electrical charge. It is like the capacity (not capacitance) of the battery.

Hugh

HKJ

Flashaholic
Not directly a measure of energy, but that of electrical charge. It is like the capacity (not capacitance) of the battery.

Hugh

That is, of course, correct. Together with the voltage you can calculate the energy or, more correctly, estimate the energy (battery voltage is not constant).