mod a 3D

pugga

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. Firstly new to modding so I have a few questions that im hoping can be answered to clear up a bit of confusion. I have a 3D mag (and a 2D somewhere) and would like to know the best options for them. I have had them for years and have never had a problem. I have had a niteize upgrade and now a mag led in the 3D but my ld20 is still better without the ugly rings. I was thinking about a Fenix TK40 (like the aa option) or a olight but have seen some good results from using the mag. What combitions ie 1 or 3 cree led (or more)will give me similar results to the TK40. Also where are the best places to buy the parts (in australia) for modding the mag to give it similar outputs ,run times etc to the fenix (eg lens, reflectors). Thanks for reading

Last edited:

pugga

Newly Enlightened
Hi thanks for your reply, just a few questions. This was the mod i was looking at for my first attempt but i would like to use aa at some point and also like the idea of having 2 or 3 modes ie low, mod, high (like to doesnt mean i would ever get around to doing it lol, also may decide dont need it). Can i add these options later or is it better to attempt them first. It looks like there is room between the sink and the switch to add what would be needed but not sure. Thanks for reading any input would be much appreciated. Cheers