Obama Stew

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I decided to make up a new recipe last night, and the name just came to me. It is quite delicious. Please keep political comments out of this.

Obama Stew

Ingredients* (Serves 4 to 20)
Choose any of the following, or if you are feeling particularly affluent, use them all.
  • 1-2 lbs Hamburger (cheap fatty, or expensive lean)
  • 3-5 Cups Water
  • 1-2 tsp butter
  • 1-2 TBS Olive Oil (or Vegetable Oil)
  • 1-2 Cloves Garlic or 1-2 tsp garlic powder (chopped or pressed)
  • 1-2 Onions (chopped)
  • 1-2 Potatoes (Peeled or Unpeeled, chopped)
  • 1-2 Large Carrots, or 1-2 Cups of Baby Carrots (chopped)
  • 1/3-1/2 of Red, Green, or Yellow Bell Pepper (chopped)
  • 1-2 Stalks of Celery
  • ¼-½ Bag Frozen Peas
  • ¼-½ Bag Frozen Corn
  • 1-2 Bay Leaves
  • 1-2 TBS McCormick's Montreal Steak Spice or Salt & Pepper
  • 1-2 packets Lipton Onion Mushroom Dry Soup
  • 1-2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
* Variations depend on personal finances, tastes, and intended interest groups
Cooking*
In a separate medium pot or skillet on medium heat, add 1-2 cups water, and hamburger. Use water to mix and break apart meat into fine texture (particularly useful for your toothless friends), and brown hamburger. Set aside to cool (if you want to be wasteful, you can refrigerate for faster result) while chopping rest of ingredients. You are waiting for it to get cold, allowing easy removal of floating fat. If you like the fat, no need to cool.

In new large pot, add butter and oil. Chop or press garlic into pot. Add onion, and sauté on medium heat until translucent. Add another 2-3 cups of water. Add potato, carrots, pepper, celery and bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 15 mins.

Now add hamburger (with or without fat), frozen peas/corn, soup packet & spices to pot, and again bring to boil. Stir to mix ingredients, then reduce to lowest heat. Simmer for 20-30 mins, covered. Make sure you have enough water to prevent burning, but not watery. Stir every few mins. Uncover cook for another 10 mins. Serve when you decide it's done.

* Can be served in bowls, tin cups, or used soup cans. Noodles or rice can be added to dramatically increase number of portions. Ingredients could also be cooked in oiled tin foil pouches on campfire or Sterno heat cans. Reheats and freezes well.

By: LuxLuthor 09/09/09

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Sounds like it's got some big, bold Old West flavor..

ObamaYeehaw.jpg

Patriot

Flashaholic
I about lost my appetite until I saw the ingredients. You just just keep surprising us, don't you Lux...lol. :clap:

Prat

Newly Enlightened
It sounds good to me! I'd like some! I bet it will help get me better (I'm pretty sick :sick:) as promised! :D

Oh and: :dedhorse: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.