Just for fun - solve this code

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reply to thread when you get it (missing #6 is intentional). Have fun!

1FGJKLOPQR
2EHJMO
3EJKLOPQ
4EHJO
5FGJO
7ABCFIKOPQRUVWY
8ADFIKOTY
9ABCFIKOPQUVY
10ACFIKOW
11ADGHKLMOPQRTUVY

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm. I notice that all the letters are in the order of the alphabet but with exclusions.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm. I notice that all the letters are in the order of the alphabet but with exclusions.

True, but they don't have to follow any order. Their order can be scrambled as long as it is the same letters after a given number. The number positions can't be scrambled (must be in order (1,2,3,ect) to solve correctly.

Consider this a hint.:eek:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I used to be really good at this sort of thing, but I can't make heads or tails of it :thinking:

I guess I'll just have to think about it some more. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. :ohgeez:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a suspicion. working on it......Its not a simple substitution code is it

Crenshaw

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
When being pursued by a ravenous tiger, lose no time in hesitation by contemplating any discomfort that might result from taking cover in a bed of nettles.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are not Anagrams. They also don't fit any Cipher text schemes I know of and none of my code breakers found anything. Cipher text coding also does not normally leave coded words in alphabetical order as they are here. Are we trying to solve for a message here?

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a way, the data as given is not encoded/encrypted. You just have to figure out the framework used to make sensible results. I guess that describes many encryption systems, but the results of this code does not resolve directly to other characters.

To look at it another way, for example, a very simple encryption by shifting the letters one position would result in the characters ABC being encrypted to BCD. The letters as given in the data in my OP do not decode to other characters, however, the results will reveal a two word message! Think outside the box on this one!:grin2:

:popcorn:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a way, the data as given is not encoded/encrypted. You just have to figure out the framework used to make sensible results. I guess that describes many encryption systems, but the results of this code does not resolve directly to other characters.

To look at it another way, for example, a very simple encryption by shifting the letters one position would result in the characters ABC being encrypted to BCD. The letters as given in the data in my OP do not decode to other characters, however, the results will reveal a two word message! Think outside the box on this one!:grin2:

:popcorn:

it better be, "free flashlight!!!" :crazy:

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
"You'll Shoot your eye out, you'll shoot your eye out!":nana:

"Oh FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU.........."
vintagesoap3.jpg