Toxic Tapwater

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Problem is, you also have to UNDERSTAND the facts. And therein lies the problem. Any monkey can just read the facts. Unfortunately the same monkey can write a BS article and post it online too.
Google it.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why post a link to an article, without any sort of editorial, then when challenged, have no information to support whatever conclusion you happen to believe? "Google it?"

How about this, since you're so adamant that the article mentioned is so factual, support it and your position with facts, not snipe-like shots for other people to do the work.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why post a link to an article, without any sort of editorial, then when challenged, have no information to support whatever conclusion you happen to believe? "Google it?"

How about this, since you're so adamant that the article mentioned is so factual, support it and your position with facts, not snipe-like shots for other people to do the work.

The facts are in the article and I do not really want to dabate it, if you don't believe it then drink the tapwater.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
In this day-and-time ..........

Especially on the internet , various info is abundant.

Unless each of us is an expert on it .........

There is no way a common person can determine fact from fiction .

All things of this nature are presented as FACT .

But in truth ,.....they are all just one persons opinion .

You cant even factually prove which came first ............

The chicken or the egg .

thelightdude

Newly Enlightened
Check out the ingredients in the toothpaste in your cabinet. All five brands I have list sodium floride as an added ingredient. If the stuff is dangerous we are all in trouble.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Check out the ingredients in the toothpaste in your cabinet. All five brands I have list sodium floride as an added ingredient. If the stuff is dangerous we are all in trouble.

Didn't ya hear, you're not supposed to brush you teeth either. Going dental "al natural" is much safer.

Not like anyone ever suffered or died from tooth decay and infectious abcesses...

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Drinking water typically contains 0.5 to 1.0 mg/L of fluoride. If you're concerned about the fluoride (and also the chlorine) then there are several things you can do. It's also good to look for alternative sources of facts here. Note that water contains about 0.4 mg/L of flouride naturally.

I'm generally not an advocate of putting things in your body which don't belong there (read some of my rants on prescription drugs, for example). However, according to a lot of sources, fluoridation of water offers some benefits with very few side effects (dental fluorosis being the primary one).

I do agree that it is good however to always be vigilant of things those in charge might want to put into your body. A lot of those things are not so benign.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.

Group Captain Lionel Mandrake: Lord, Jack.

Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Mandrake: Aye, no, no. I don't Jack.

Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? Its incredibly obvious isn't it. A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

-----

You know, even chemically pure water can cause death if you drink too much.

Last edited:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.

Group Captain Lionel Mandrake: Lord, Jack.

Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Mandrake: Aye, no, no. I don't Jack.

Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? Its incredibly obvious isn't it. A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

:twothumbs Thread over!

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
In this day-and-time ..........

Especially on the internet , various info is abundant.

Unless each of us is an expert on it .........

There is no way a common person can determine fact from fiction .

All things of this nature are presented as FACT .

But in truth ,.....they are all just one persons opinion .

You cant even factually prove which came first ............

The chicken or the egg .

:rolleyes: Just because you cannot determine fact from fiction does not mean nobody else can. The general public is not as stupid as you think.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know more about the fluoride issue than most of you would care to hear. I'm with Lightwalker on this. I won't waste my time arguing it as I don't have the time now nor would I likely convince anyone who is not willing to do some real research themselves. I'll just say the fluoride issue goes quite deep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.