Vancouver Get-together?

gunga

Flashaholic
Hey guys, I'm thinking of organizing a Vancouver Area Get together to chat, and check out lights etc.

Just wanted to see if there was any interest?

:wave:

AvroArrow

Enlightened
:wave:

I'd be up for a meet but doesn't look like there's much interest even after 37 views of this thread. Maybe you'll have to PM all the Vancouver area folks because they didn't see this thread. I only accidentally saw this thread while looking at the Newest Threads section at the bottom of the main page.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
:bumpit:

This is funny. Gunga manages to organize meets in Ottawa & Toronto but not in his own home town.

BTW I posted a link from CPFMP Canada Good Deals to here. Hope it helps.

tc2468

Newly Enlightened
I'd be willing to meet if time and location fits. I really have nothing to show except a custom half finished bike light I was building. Cant find the time to finish the mounting part as we just had our 1st baby. There goes my free time for a bit. My bike light is a P7 driven by a taskled hipflex powered by external battery packs.
I have a small lathe and want to make more lights, gotta buy some more emmiters and drivers and find more time!

I've always looked at flashlights at every store im in and until I found this site I never knew I was a "FLASHAHOLIC" lovecpf

gunga

Flashaholic
Hey guys, I'm back! Had a successful meetup with the folks in Ottawa. Poor weather prevented us from doing outside tests but we all got a nice look at everyones's collection samples.

I'd still like to meet up.

tc2468, I'd love to see you bike light setup, sounds very cool.

Thanks LEDninja.

Can someone chime in with some names of Vancouver folk?

I have:

AvroArrow
Krazy89
Marlite
Zerius (MIA for months)
jlomein
van1
Vancouverite
Bushman?

Of these folk, I only see about 3 or 4 people making it...

Last edited:

redsfairlane

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to be in Victoria in a few weeks to visit my grandma, one night I'll step out with an ROP and shine it towards Vancouver, Best I can do (;

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Hey! Just saw this in the "CANADA Good Deals" thread...

I'm over in Victoria right now, but generally back in Van on the weekends. I don't have much to show lights-wise, but it would be fun to meet some of you guys!

gunga

Flashaholic
Grat, got another list of people too, just haven't had time to contact em. I think a smaller meet is good at first as we build momentum...

Coool. Ti Quark, awesome...

gunga

Flashaholic
Coolio. I'm pretty busy right now, and have met many of you guys. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread and see if I can get anything together!

:thumbsup:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely,
Keep me informed.
Actually I'm on the Cloverdale/Langley area, so count me in.
Only have a couple of lights ( so far), but who knows what I might have when the day arrives.
John