Imalent
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Get-together?

Default Re: Vancouver Get-together?

No way, really? ARe you going to be in town?

Flashaholic*

As long as I'm not away camping then I'll be in town for the rest of the summer. I've got some new lights/builds that I could bring too.

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    I'd like to be there too if I can make it!
    That would be awesome!

Doubt that I'll make it, but I am in Prince George right now...
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Flashaholic*

I'll be moving to the area next year so will look forward to meeting you guys. In the meantime I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Flashaholic*

Alright, let's make something happen before the end of summer!

Venue? We met at a Tim Horton's in North Van last time, then headed to a nearby park to play with lights in the dark.

Date? When are people going to be away/when are people available?

Time... obviously evening/night so we can play with lights!

Who's in? Let's get a list of interested members... I'll start.

Interest List:
    Hack On Wheels

I may not be able to head back north until the beginning of September but if I miss it I may try to see if at least a couple of us can have another smaller group, maybe just at one of your local parks?
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Flashaholic*

Updated Interest List:
    Hack On Wheels
    gunga
    kaichu dento (depending)

Still need input on Venue and Date! At this point my own schedule is fairly flexible. Would anyone prefer meeting somewhere other than Tim Hortons? Any suggestions for a better park or other alternative?

kd, I'd certainly be interested if I'm in town in September. Keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Hack On Wheels View Post
    Updated Interest List:
    Hack On Wheels
    gunga
    kaichu dento (depending)

Still need input on Venue and Date! At this point my own schedule is fairly flexible. Would anyone prefer meeting somewhere other than Tim Hortons? Any suggestions for a better park or other alternative?

kd, I'd certainly be interested if I'm in town in September. Keep us updated!
    I hope I can make it and really want to see your MillerMods L0P! One of the last lights I would give up, partially because I'd have a hell of a time ever replacing it, is my MillerMods Arc-AA.

I can't give any opinion on location since I don't know Vancouver, but after spending the better part of a day in Kelowna and being subjected to having to watch all manner of womanhood at it's best, I could easily be convinced to go there again - actually, I have to drive through there on my way back north!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    I hope I can make it and really want to see your MillerMods L0P! One of the last lights I would give up, partially because I'd have a hell of a time ever replacing it, is my MillerMods Arc-AA.

I can't give any opinion on location since I don't know Vancouver, but after spending the better part of a day in Kelowna and being subjected to having to watch all manner of womanhood at it's best, I could easily be convinced to go there again - actually, I have to drive through there on my way back north!
    I should probably update my signature, but I certainly do still have the L0P. It's a 3 stage model. Not super precise for changing levels, but it's still pretty neat. I really need to upgrade the LED though... high CRI P4?

The good thing about our previous location was that it was just off the freeway by the second narrows (ironworker's memorial) bridge. It seemed to be an easy spot for everyone to get to.

It's a little bit further away from the park we went to last time, but if anyone is interested in a night hike, there are some options like Mt. Fromme.

I'm pretty flexible, but Kelowna is too far. Will have to play it by ear. I'm not available the 13, 17, 20, 24th if that helps at all...

Flashaholic

I'll be in the Belcarra area on the Sept. 18th weekend if any of you are interested in meeting up.

Flashaholic

I'm interested. Anytime should be ok. Ideally it would be nice if we could find some place darker than the last time. I'm interested in the night hike. Would it be darker?
    Last edited by bla2000; 08-07-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    I'm pretty flexible, but Kelowna is too far. Will have to play it by ear. I'm not available the 13, 17, 20, 24th if that helps at all...
    Kelowna is definitely too far... I think we should keep this to the lower mainland.

Quote Originally Posted by derangboy View Post
    I'll be in the Belcarra area on the Sept. 18th weekend if any of you are interested in meeting up.
    Post up (or PM) closer to the date.

Quote Originally Posted by bla2000 View Post
    I'm interested. Anytime should be ok. Ideally it would be nice if we could find some place darker than the last time. I'm interested in the night hike. Would it be darker?
    Sounds good! Yeah, less light pollution would be nice. The night hike would be darker, but we would have to figure out where to park, etc. I can look into that.

Flashaholic*

Bump!

Updated Interest List:
    Hack On Wheels
    gunga
    kaichu dento (depending)
    bla2000

Still looking for input on date and venue...

gunga (and others), feel free to contact any members that you think might be interested!

I'll probably be bringing some modded Mags, as well as some of my Surefire collection (almost all E-series stuff).

If I can get my hands on a Lumapowe Trust, I'll bring that, along with all many of modded lights etc...

I think Mindstretch would be interested, and Gadgetor (tho maybe not for a hike). I asked them before.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Hack On Wheels View Post
    gunga (and others), feel free to contact any members that you think might be interested!
    Have you contacted the members that showed up last November?

It's looking more and more like I won't be passing that way until sometime in September at this point, but I'll have my fabulous MillerMods Arc-AA for you low level output floody fans!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by bla2000 View Post
    Have you contacted the members that showed up last November?
    Nope. I just might have to do that...

Here is a list of the people who have replied to this thread, but not since its revival:
    AvroArrow
    tc2468
    Glock45acp
    awesometools
    Launch Mini
    eggoo
    Nice-Light
    brianch
    rx78gp02

And for reference:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...3&postcount=57
    ^The Tim Hortons that we went to.

holy crap i just found this thread! hell ya i'm down for a get together! i think we should do a late summer BBQ and flashlight thing. I'd be happy to bring my Lodge cast iron hibachi and lump charcoal if someone wants to bering some burgers or dawgs! I dont have much in the way of lights (ever since I got the Jetbeam M1X i have sold off almost everything else) saturday nights work best for me
    MY EDC: JETBEAM M1X - it replaced 8 other lights.

Flashaholic

My bad. I'll be in the area on the Sept. 26th weekend. I'll be staying in Anmore but will be in and around the Burrard Thermal Plant area (google IOCO). There are a few possibilities in the area including Buntzen Lake, which has picnic areas and hiking trails of various ambition.
    Could it be the meeting place for the two Canadian TriVs?!

I gotta check out the Tri V, so a September meetup may happen too!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by derangboy View Post
    My bad. I'll be in the area on the Sept. 26th weekend. I'll be staying in Anmore but will be in and around the Burrard Thermal Plant area (google IOCO). There are a few possibilities in the area including Buntzen Lake, which has picnic areas and hiking trails of various ambition.
    Anmore isn't too far from many places in Vancouver. Buntzen Lake may be nice.

I'll go,
    It will be nice to meet some of the locals

Don't have anything to bring, but it will be cool to see some nice toys

No preferences here... however Kelowna does sound nice

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetor View Post
    I'll go,
    It will be nice to meet some of the locals

Don't have anything to bring, but it will be cool to see some nice toys

No preferences here... however Kelowna does sound nice
    Maybe there'd be a couple of us to meet up in Kelowna, although it's way too far for the majority. Seems like I remember seeing someones location as being right there in Kelowna.

I don't think a 5 hour drive fits into my evening plans...

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    I don't think a 5 hour drive fits into my evening plans...

I know, I know... I'm really going to try get at least as close as Hope to you guys, and hope that I've got my modded Clicky done by then.
    I've also got my plain Ti Draco on it's way with the till now only whispered about 6B, which is also going into my Steve Ku D10!

I'm in forcpretty much any evening in September. Tri-V will be there.
    Softball City in White Rock has nice dArk trails. Belcarra is a dark place too.
    Maple Ridge is also an option.
    North Langley around Derby Reach is good and dark too

Flashaholic*

Awesome, it's good to see more locals (and visitors!) checking in. I was thinking that it would be great to have a meet before the end of August. I'd also be interested in another meet in September, assuming I'm in town.

Can we confirm interest in a meet up before the end of August? And if you have any restrictions regarding available dates or where you can travel to it would help to have that posted up.

For me... I should be able to travel around the lower mainland, so North Vancouver, Burnaby, White Rock, etc. are all options for me.

We might not have everyone interested in a night hike, but if we can get more suggestions on (dark) places that we can drive right to for playing with lights, that would be great!

Currently we have some options suggested... like doing North Van again (we could drive up to the bottom of Mt. Fromme if we wanted to really get away from city lights).. we also have Softball City and Buntzen lake with nice dark trails... and North Langley... any others?

Flashaholic

Whenever and wherever the potential 2 events are the I should be able to make it.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast