No way EAGLETAC P100C2 has 55 lumens on LOW

radu1976

Enlightened
I compared the P100C2 on LOW to my INOVAs TIROS XO3 and T3.
The INOVAs - rated at about 40 lumens - are a bit brighter than the P100C2, so I came to the conclusion that P100C2 should have about 35 lumens on LOW mode :shrug:

I am wondering if they do have 190 lumens on HIGH :thinking:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
T100C2 with the same circuit has over 200 OTF lumens. INOVAs may look a little bit brighter because of more focused beam (less spill).

radu1976

Enlightened
Nope...the INOVA indeed THROWS better than the P100C2 on low but the overall brightness is higher !
I don't have an integrated sphere but my method is simple : I intermitently turn on the lights projecting the beams on a wall and I will take a look at the opposite wall...I can clearly realize the level of brightness of each of them. INOVA does have more overall output, not too much but a bit more

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
My lightbox shows 40lm on low and 160lm on high for the P100C2. That's with 4V,6V, or 8V.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Realistically, you can't tell the difference between 5 lumens. Phantom23 is quite correct when he says that the focus of the two lights is probably playing a big role in the difference between apparent outputs. And you concur, by saying the Inova throws further, meaning it has a smaller, more intense hotspot, even though the Inova may actually be putting out less lumens.

radu1976

Enlightened
Realistically, you can't tell the difference between 5 lumens. Phantom23 is quite correct when he says that the focus of the two lights is probably playing a big role in the difference between apparent outputs. And you concur, by saying the Inova throws further, meaning it has a smaller, more intense hotspot, even though the Inova may actually be putting out less lumens.

That's wrong !
As I previously said ...I didn't base my affirmation on the throw on the lights...no way !
But being in a completely dark room and illuminating a white wall , you can definetely realize if a light is bright or less. You take a look at the opposite wall or in the room overall.
Of course different tints can be tricky somethimes, but it wasn't this case as INOVA and P100C2 on LOW have both the same tint.
I cannot see what's wrong with that easy 'method'

If I can't notice a 10% difference in brightness then I would assume that INOVA has towards 50 lumens.
Although there's only a hair difference of brightness between those 2 lights. I would say 10, maybe 15% maximum but not 20-25% !

radu1976

Enlightened
One more thing : actually TIROS INOVAs have a far larger hotspot than the EAGLETAC ...3-4 times bigger !
80-90% of the overall brightness comes from the hotspot !

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
Please not another thread trying to compare lumen specs from different manufacturers. Honestly, who cares? A 5 or 10 lumen difference either way isn't significant. It would be nice if all lights were tested and rated the same way, but unfortunately that's not the reality. Use and enjoy 'em for what they are.

dudu84

Enlightened
My lightbox shows 40lm on low and 160lm on high for the P100C2. That's with 4V,6V, or 8V.

Mev's T100C2 showed over 200 lumens on turbo and this light uses the same circuit as P100C2. Perhaps your P100C2 is a underachiever or his is overachiever?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac states emitter lumens, Inova states OTF and if I'm not mistaken, they have been known to understate or state the minimum lumens OTF like Surefire does, not average OTF like Princeton Tec.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more thing : actually TIROS INOVAs have a far larger hotspot than the EAGLETAC ...3-4 times bigger !
80-90% of the overall brightness comes from the hotspot !
I can't even see a doubling of brightness unless I only look at the spill. Looking at the hotspot doesn't seem to show any useful information about the light's output.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at a spot on the wall is not a reliable way to guestimate lumens. Try a ceiling bounce test.

As for whether or not the eagletac on "low" is brighter than a 6 year old Inova on "high"... I think most of us could care less. :shrug:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at a spot on the wall is not a reliable way to guestimate lumens. Try a ceiling bounce test.

As for whether or not the eagletac on "low" is brighter than a 6 year old Inova on "high"... I think most of us could care less. :shrug:

+1 for ceiling bounce. It's not the fact that it's not as bright as a 6 year old light, it's the fact that it's not as bright as a light that just so happens to be 6 years old and rated 40 lumens, a number lower than the 55 of the ET.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
I compared the P100C2 on LOW to my INOVAs TIROS XO3 and T3.
The INOVAs - rated at about 40 lumens - are a bit brighter than the P100C2, so I came to the conclusion that P100C2 should have about 35 lumens on LOW mode :shrug:

I am wondering if they do have 190 lumens on HIGH :thinking:
lol

I doubt it.

Eagletac drive their lights heavily, and they drive up the specs even heavier. :D

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Fortunately...there's more to making a good flashlight than lumen output and printed specs. Probably 90% of the LED lights in existence, and many of the most popular CPF lights are over-rated when comparing box specs to OTF measurements.

regardless of how they are spec'd on the box... Eagletacs have been some of the brightest lights per dollar and represent an outstanding value from an OTF lumens per dollar basis.

Last edited: