sst50 or 90 lights

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
do we have any ready made sst90 lights out yet. i'd settle for the sst50. flush head preferred (think fenix, ez aa) i dont want to build something, i just want to buy it :) know of any?

Last edited:

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
Re: sst90 lights

i saw the olight m20. too ridiculously expensive. i also saw the thread in the custom cpf page, but rcr123 lights just dont do it for me. im surprised mac didn't start with an 18650

jahxman

Enlightened

Electrolumens Blaster - currently available for pre-order, delivery sometime in January:mecry:

Nice big beast with massive output and runs on 3 D NiMH's.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened

i mentioned the mac one in my original post. rcr123 just isn't for me.
i do believe i would never buy a flashlight again if i had a multi mode ez 18650 with sst50. wow, what a light that would be.

i have no more use for 4 die lights. i will be patient and wait for some builds.

litetube

Enlightened

Jason can you elaborate on your distaste for the quad die MCE type lights?

This is what I am wondering if there is a significant difference/improvement with the SST50 and you seem to think there is?

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened

Jason can you elaborate on your distaste for the quad die MCE type lights?

This is what I am wondering if there is a significant difference/improvement with the SST50 and you seem to think there is?

the thing about the mce lights is you cant get a decent beam out of most of them without stippling the heck out of it, and even then sometimes you can tell that a donut hole is being hidden. i want a beautiful beam, and the sst90 seems more like a 9 die version than a 4 die. thats a win! but a pocket sst 50 would be great to edc and still show off. i'd also be fine with the cree version of one of these. is that what the xpe is (or whatever the new ones are called). isnt there a quark tactical with that led. its just not driven to justice if im not mistaken but still its a step in the right direction.

we need a thread telling all the guys about the new leds and their drive currents and max lumens and all that info again.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened

dying for a 50 or 90 light. anything recently available that ive missed. no cr123 lights. prefer 18650 and prefer edc without turbo style heads. think ezaa but with sst50, he he. but lets be serious i`ll settle for whats available.

Last edited:

duboost

Enlightened
Olight M20 titanium SST-50
Olight M21 SST-50
Olight K90 Intimidator SST-90
Thrunite Catapult SST-50
Tiablo AS50 SST-50

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i have a bored out 6P running the nailbender sst-90 drop-in on an AW 18650, I got the 3 mode, high is a little over 2.5A at the tailcap, which is nowhere near full power for this LED but its putting out somewhere between 600-900 lumens and it doesn't get hot because of how underdriven it is. I love it. Now I can't wait to build my own!

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
Aurora SH44
Torchlite Shooter (have a look in the Dealers Corner for gigainternational's Thread)

I have both of them ;) and 2 more sst-50 lights..