Just ordered ZTS tester!

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered the MB-1 and was wondering if anyone had one and what they thought of it or anything that would help me checking batteries? I had their first model and really liked it but it doesn't check the Lith-ion like this one does....thanks!

CaseyS

Newly Enlightened
I bought one recently and think it's great. My wife picked up a bag full of loose alkaline batteries from her mother last week and asked me to test them. They ranged from 9V batteries to AAA. Five of them appeared to be brand new, three were about 80%, and the rest were garbage. Without the tester, they probably would have all sat idle in favor of batteries that were known to be new.

I usually just use my multimeter to test my Li-Ion batteries, but for all my household alkalines, the ZTS is great.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Casey!! Does the ZTS test the Lith-ion batteries adequately??

CaseyS

Newly Enlightened
I've only used it to test rechargeable Li-Ion's, not primaries, but it does a great job on them. It usually takes a couple readings for the measurement to stabilize, but then it's totally consistent with the readings I get from my multimeter.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, that was exactly what I wanted to hear! Can't wait to get it!!

Larbo

Enlightened
Not sure about Li-Ion's but I got mine a few weeks ago a ZTS-MBT. And it found 4 Lithium primaries (123's) that were bad/defective.
It prevented a possible :poof:!

ptolemy

Enlightened
i had one for few days. it's inconsistent at best

u can try same cr123 10 times and get 10 different results...

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Ptolemy,

Contrary to your experience, I can test the same set of quality CR123 cells and get exactly the same results every time.

Your experience suggests that your cells may be suffering from pacification and may need to be used up in single cell applications.

Tom

Backpacker Light

Enlightened
I just ordered the MB-1 and was wondering if anyone had one and what they thought of it or anything that would help me checking batteries? I had their first model and really liked it but it doesn't check the Lith-ion like this one does....thanks!

I hope your new ZTS battery tester meets your needs.

I have been considering the need for a better tester (I use a multi-meter right now, but CPF recommends testing under "load" as your ZTS model)

but I understand the ZTS (or any tester for that matter) does a poor job testing rechargeable NiMH AA/AAA batteries. Is this true?

Does anyone know of a simple reliable tester for NiMH Rechargeable AA batteries?

ptolemy

Enlightened
Hello Ptolemy,

Contrary to your experience, I can test the same set of quality CR123 cells and get exactly the same results every time.

Your experience suggests that your cells may be suffering from pacification and may need to be used up in single cell applications.

Tom
i used 3 times of sell

duracells, tenergy recharables and few others i had lying around.

wierd :(

Latest posts