• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Mag mod stuff

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's become increasingly clear that I'm no longer going to have time for stuff like this:

:candle: 13,200 Lux from Mag mod like a Mr Bulk Space Needle:
13200_LED.jpg
13200_Lux.jpg

Note: Photos shown are examples only.

I've either given away or sold off all the mods I had done but this last one and some parts, ssssooooo... I'm going to sell the few Mag-Lite parts and mod stuff that I've got here. It's somewhat of a kit and an example.

First is a bright green Mag 2D, with a Hot Lips Heat Sink and an unknown Luxeon Side-emitter LED. The internals have been modified to accept a hard-wired 6xAA battery holder for a pumpin' 9V via direct drive. I had plans to change out the emitter to something a little nicer, but this was an experiment to see how the Lux SE would do as far as a beam. Just desolder the SE emitter, pull it from the heatsink, put a new one in and solder it. Just make sure you don't use a real low vf emitter or it will be a pulsar and die. (that is, unless you use a converter board to regulate)

Everything else is just a few parts to make another one of the above mod.
1 6xAA to 2D battery holder/adapter (makes 9V)
1 Otokoyama Acrylic Diffusion Mag Lens
1 Hot Lips heat sink for a D Mag-Lite with some random LuxIII emitter installed. (probably SWAK or TWOJ) It needs to be resoldered and/or tested.

So that's it. It's not much stuff, but you could get a couple real screamers out of this, like the one I built in the above pics that wound up doing 13,200 Lux at 1m.

$56 shipped to US addresses, payment via no-fee method if at all possible. International shipping quoted on an individual basis.

PM or e-mail if you have questions.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure I'll get some good ribbing for this, but it's the best way I thought I could give a fair comparison as to color. :D

Mag1.jpg

Mag2.jpg

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
...and here are a couple quick outdoor shots. I should have blown the schmutz off the lens before that second shot, but oh well.

This came out better than I thought it would:
Mag3.jpg

Mag4.jpg

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping it would be lime green. Please remove me from the I will take it list.

Latest posts