OMS K2 or Saint Minimus?

Malpaso

Enlightened
I've been in the market for an LED headlamp that uses 123As. I was just about to order the OMS K2 here http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-31/026689/OMS-Ultra-Bright-K2-L.E.D.-Head-Lamp.html when I got the email from Surefire today on the Saint Minimus. Now I'm not up to date on the technology differences, but the OMS has more power and at a great price. The Minimus is a Surefire, which is a brand I have come to depend on. My use is going to be Wilderness medicine and other austere conditions. I have no problem spending the cash on a quality tool, but is the Minimus worth 3x the OMS?

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you get the OMS please post a review here:D

Might have to get one at some time if it can use rechargeables it will be even better;)

crizyal

Enlightened
I just purchased the Minimus and I LOVE it. The design is bombproof. It feels like it could take any kind of punishment you could throw at it. The light doesn't have a ton of throw, but for close and medium range this is the ticket. It is really nice to be able to adjust to any light level 1 to 100 lumens. I would recommend it if the price doesn't throw you off too much.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted the OMS K2 but held off beause it is said to have a narrow beam.

Last edited:

Malpaso

Enlightened
I pulled the trigger on the Saint. The two things you guys mentioned, the adjustable light level and differences in beam are important. Also, Battery Junction had free batts and free shipping making the difference in price more palatable.