Need my 2C mag bored out!

bkumanski

Enlightened
Does anyone know who does the Mag machine work to fit the 26500 IMR cells? I have a 2C mag with a Malkoff P7 drop in. I currently use two 18500s, but the runtime could be a little better... I recently purchased two 26500s, but my C mag won't quite fit them. Lighthound's website advised the mag may need to be bored out (mine sure does). Does anyone know who I can send my light off to to have this done? Thanks all.

jahxman

Enlightened
I did it myself with a 1" boring drillbit and a 1" sanding drillbit, and a drill.

You have to take out the switch, and angle the bit some and remove material all around the circumference and length of the battery area, then sand it down as best you can.

I did manage to shorten my threads a bit :banghead: but fortunately not too much, and the tailcap still goes on securely.

Of course if you want it done more professionally, you should send it to someone. My method has a decent chance of ruining the tube if you slip or don't pay attention, as I almost did.

Last edited:

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
There is still the redneck-method with a brake-hone left, i think thats also not the worst way and it's cheapo ;)