Ener-loops???

n3eg

Newly Enlightened
I found these at Wal-Mart tonight. They look just like any other Energizer NiMH battery except for:

"Squared" button top with 4 holes
Textured button top
"Charge up to 150 more times" on package (does this mean they'll charge
160 times???)
"Holds Charge Longer" on back of package
Gray insulator around button
2300 mAH on wrapper

They were $10.58 for a package of 4. I've got them running on the BC-900 right now. They all came out of the package at 1.29 vdc - not quite Eneloop levels, but definitely not Eveready 2500 levels either!

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Japan or China made?

I stopped by WalMart this evening hoping to find the Dura versions but alas no, only the blacktop ones. I didn't even look at the Energizers. :oops:

n3eg

Newly Enlightened
They're done. One was 2340, two 2360, and one was...1859???
I'm running that last one again on a different slot.

Off the charger, they measure 1.43 volts. I've got no immediate use for them (having cleaned the local liquidator out of Eneloops) so I'll see how they do with self-discharge.

I just did a magnifying glass comparison to the Eneloops, and size and shape are identical EXCEPT for:
The Ener-loop terminal "pattern" is just slightly smoother
The Ener-loop "shoulder" is a sharper angle than the more rounded Eneloop.

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems Energizer may have re-sourced their rechargeables... made in Japan is a good sign. If rebadged eneloops, I wonder how they got 2300ma models.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems Energizer may have re-sourced their rechargeables... made in Japan is a good sign. If rebadged eneloops, I wonder how they got 2300ma models.

I hate to tell you all this, but I have several of the dreaded 2500 Mah Energizer cells, and they are made in Japan! If these are LSD cells, I would be interested in trying them, but I have seen them at Target, and they are not advertised as such. I am sort of leaning towards them being LSD's as I do not know why they would come out with a new NIMH battery that had a lower capacity than the older ones. They way these things are marketed, I would expect newer ones (Standard NIMH) to be around 2700 Mah or more.

n3eg

Newly Enlightened
They're done....one was...1859???
I'm running that last one again on a different slot.

In a different slot, it was 2330. Looks like my far right position on the BC-900 may be bad. Another day, another project...

Looks like the latest thing is 2300 mAh LSD batteries...there's another thread https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/243283 about other brands.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked at these at Target on my way home from work. I do not believe these are LSD cells like the Sanyo's, ROV's, etc. The package stated that they keep their charge up to 6 months. It does not state how much of their charge. Either way, they will be dead within 6 months. This may be an improvement over standard NIHM cells, but I believe the current LSD's are supposed to keep 80-85% of their charge over the course of a year.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Charge up to 150 more times" on package (does this mean they'll charge
160 times???)
!

from my studies of marketing that means they might not even make it 150 :shrug: my car goes up to 600MPH, like when dropped from an airplane :) and during the drop it gets neer 75Mpg too (with the AC on), imagine that.

Last edited: