Jetbeam Warranty

Fender

Newly Enlightened
I was at a local dealer today that sells flashlights, they sell SureFire and Streamlight. They were telling me that they won't sell Fenix and Jetbeam because of warranty is needed, it has to be done through China.

What kind of procedure do you have to go through if you do need warranty on one of these lights, Jetbeam in particular (I'm looking at getting an M1X)? Thanks!

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of procedure do you have to go through if you do need warranty on one of these lights, Jetbeam in particular (I'm looking at getting an M1X)? Thanks!

I would expect Bugoutgear to stand behind there products and sort any warranty issues for you. But I haven't had any of my Jetbeams fail so I haven't had to worry about it.

The procedure would presumably be:
1. Contact the supplier and advise them of the problem.
2. Return the item to the supplier.
3. Receive repaired or replacement item.

Why would it be any more complicated than that?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a coincidence this query popped up. I wish to know too. I have to get something fixed at the moment.... :ohgeez:

Fender

Newly Enlightened
I would expect Bugoutgear to stand behind there products and sort any warranty issues for you. But I haven't had any of my Jetbeams fail so I haven't had to worry about it.

I would think it would be that simple. I guess this local shop just didn't want to deal with shipping things to China or something. He said Fenix shipped them one model of every light they make but they didn't like the warranty, so they're not selling them.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think it would be that simple. I guess this local shop just didn't want to deal with shipping things to China or something. He said Fenix shipped them one model of every light they make but they didn't like the warranty, so they're not selling them.
Most likely they didn't want to ship the items back to china for warranty.

It could be because they don't trust Fenix's QC and expect innumerable warranty claims that can potentially render those items unprofitable?
Very risk adverse business IMO.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
It could be because they don't trust Fenix's QC and expect numerable warranty claims that can potentially render those items unprofitable?
Very risk adverse business IMO.
Surely that's a good thing?
Norm

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surely that's a good thing?
Norm
LOL

Not sure what you're trying to say. But I have to clarify myself first before i take any fire.

I'm not trying to say Fenix makes bad quality lights. What I'm trying to say is that I'm speculating the shop owner thinks (therefore expect) warranty obligations would create too much liability to be profitable.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm sure you meant to say innumerable : too many to count.
Numerable = capable of being counted.
Cheers Norm :)

coaking

Newly Enlightened

I agree with you!
I am their dealer and I dislike to bring back lights to china and waiting for my next order to receive them again! hmmmmm....
some of RRT'S have RAPID RESPONSE RING OUT OF WORK. It turns hard. For example on High Mode it shining with full power several seconds and after this goes on strob mode then low, mid, strobe......................... :candle:
They must have simplified warranty service!
Regards

Corey R.

Newly Enlightened
I will let you know about the Jet Beam waranty. My M1X that I got from BugOut in October is now only providing about 10 lumens of light.

The AW batteries run fine in my TK10. So it has to be the light.

Im going to give them a call in the morning to see how they want to move forward. They seem like a straight up company. I am not worried about a thing I know they will do me right. :)

Last edited: