Possiblility of a H501 with throw and flood?

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering will zebralight make a H501 with a built in diffuser. The diffuser should be just enough to cover the LED to diffuse the beam for a good flood if needed. Like the 3AAA vizion (???) that can pull the diffuser down for a flood beam and push it up for a decent throw.

BTW, does the H501 slowly dim when the battery is low or it suddenly shuts off?

Last edited:

uplite

Enlightened
OMG that was funny. I wish I copied your reply to your own message before you deleted it. ;)

-Jeff

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd just like to see them make a light with the old Surefire L4 wall of light. Giant hotspot, wide spill. Not quite sure if they'd be able to do it with the limited space on the side of a light however.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I was wondering will zebralight make a H501 with a built in diffuser....

You want something floodier than the H501? It already is ALL flood, with no hot spot. Its predecessor the H50 is floodier, but I (for one) didn't like how it reflected off my eyeglasses and caused glare. The optic used in the H501 prevents the far side lumens from emitting sideways, without blocking it.

Last edited:

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
You want something floodier than the H501? It already is ALL flood, with no hot spot. Its predecessor the H50 is floodier, but I (for one) didn't like how it reflected off my eyeglasses and caused glare. The optic used in the H501 prevents the far side lumens from emitting sideways, without blocking it.

Actually, I want throw with the option of flood like the Vizion (3AAA) or the 1AA rayovac sportsman xtreme. Best of both world and the great runtime. I don't want all throw or all flood. The option to have both makes it perfect for me.

dracodoc

Newly Enlightened
I might be wrong, but I think H501 get flood by a customized lens, that's why it have a even beam and no light loss of diffuser. So "best of both" actually lost lots of light and reflector will make the light bigger.
That being said, the upcoming H51 have the reflector, maybe you can add a diffuser to it.
Another option will be just put any regular AA light on headband, then you have best of both :).