how do you save money to buy any Polarion HID?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast

The price is Polarion is extremely expensive.

BVH

Flashaholic
If you buy regular coffee at stores, shops, catering trucks etc., you could save probably $1.00 to $1.50 A day if you make it at home. If you buy the fancy coffees, you could probably save from $3.00 to $5.00 per day or more if you forgo them. Eat out at restaurants less frequently. Meals at home are usually much less. If possible, ride a bike or walk to work a day or two per week. You might be able to save enough in a year to buy one.

Patriot

Flashaholic
It's hard, but when the time comes...

buy used or buy from 4Sevens and get a slight discount with check out code
CPF8 entitles you to a 8% discount.

Litbobber

Enlightened

I worked a lot of overtime to get mine, and also got lucky to get in on a group buy.
If you really want one just tell yourself to keep saving, it will come.

Best of luck to ya!

amaretto

Newly Enlightened
Yes indeed. My wife's reaction will be the problem too, not money.
Happy wife - happy life, you know.
How many pairs of shoes, bags or other concessions/gifts would it cost me...?:duh2:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Begin to recognize that the so-called "bare necessities" such as food and heat (I was about to say light but, really!!!) must now occupy second place to the real essential---the Polarion!! From that point the savings travel route is (relatively) painless.:devil:

Karl

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
Turn your electricity off at home, use your HID to light the house.

Actually walk around your house and unplug any charger you can find that doesn't need to be plugged in, those bricks each take a few watts and over a month really add up.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would have to sell all of my other lights, obtain a large inheritance, or get a job that pays over $100K a year and none of that is likely to happen anytime soon! :ironic:

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
kidney sales, fluid donation (plasma or "otherwise"), winning the lotto, invest in CREE, go hunting (80lbs of meat for a $1 bullet is a GREAT deal), grow veggies around the house, sue mcdonald's for their coffee being hot, or their food making you fat, invent teleportation,

really the list goes on for awhile, lol, the best thing that i have found was set up a savings account that gets $XXX from your paycheck without you ever seeing it, and then make sure that the account is not accessible without going into the bank to take money out (ATMs make it too easy)

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
The real answer that no one wants to admit is "sell your sperm." There. I said it. You guys can come out of the closet. :aaa:

Patriot

Flashaholic
go hunting (80lbs of meat for a $1 bullet is a GREAT deal)

$28,000 truck, gas, pre-season scouting, trailer, camp gear, optics, bows, rifles, radios, gps, food and drink for two weeks, possible meat storage and butcher fees = $50 a pound venison. Elk meat ratios are a big better though. :) Hunting aint about the meat brother. ;)

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
$28,000 truck, gas, pre-season scouting, trailer, camp gear, optics, bows, rifles, radios, gps, food and drink for two weeks, possible meat storage and butcher fees = $50 a pound venison. Elk meat ratios are a big better though. :) Hunting aint about the meat brother. ;)

hahah well i have hunted the same stand for 10 years and produced every year, gutting, skinning, boning out, grinding the burger meat, are all done in out barn by hand, so the ratio of meat per dollar is lower...work is longer, but the results are cheaper it no one touches your deer from field to freezer

Patriot

Flashaholic
Same hear brother... except for my last elk that I got early in the season. In order to stay up hunting and help my friends, it was taken to the butcher in the nearest town. They even delivered the meat for free at a meeting place in my city, all 440 lbs of it! :popcorn:Yummy!

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
yeah the nod being, "now you can't complain about the credit card bill for $500 worth of shoes the dog will prolly eat anyway"

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
What does Elk taste like? And don't say the proverbial answer everyone always gives: "chicken.'

I've never had venison either...so I may not have a wide enough palate to appreciate your description.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
it tastes like everything that is man...actually i don't know, i have had caribou stew and elk jerky and sausage, never just the meat alone, but it was all delicious. Venison can vary widely by region, i hear up in Canada (Saskatchewan) its very bitter because they eat acorns and moss all winter, but down in MI they eat corn out of the standing fields all winter so they taste like lean manly beef:devil: which is exactly what people with a polarion need to be eating (see how i brought it back on topic)