Imalent
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FS: SST-50 / SST-90 MAG C / D Deluxe Heatsink ***Ready to ship***

Default Re: FS: SST-50 / SST-90 MAG C / D Deluxe Heatsink ***Ready to ship***

Hi Jo,

I would like to order the following items

2 x 15mm MOP reflector
    3 x UCL lens
    3 x Mag C 18650 sleeve
    2 x Mag C SST-50 heatsink

Before sending you the funds, how much will the shipping be ?

Hi tx101,

This thread is mainly for the heatsink only. If you need others, please purchase directly from my site and postage will be calculated. In this case, just purchase the SST 50/90 Mag D from my site as they are the same price and I will send you the Mag C version.

I will be adding it there soon.

With regards,
    Jo @ Britelumens

Quote Originally Posted by tx101 View Post
    Hi Jo,

I would like to order the following items

2 x 15mm MOP reflector
    3 x UCL lens
    3 x Mag C 18650 sleeve

Before sending you the funds, how much will the shipping be ?

for

Many Thanks

Wai

Order shipped.

With regards,
    Jo @ Britelumens

Quote Originally Posted by tx101 View Post
    for

Many Thanks

Wai

Deluxe Mag D sst-90 heatsink = 21

registered shipping = 8

total = 29

in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)

Jo,

Would you please offer an Aluminum sleeve for your Mag C heatsinks to retrofit them to the older Mag C (without "C" in the serial number)? You know, like they used to for the old hotlips heatsink:

By the way, I received and installed my Mag D SST-90 deluxe heatsink. Thanks!

Hi Techjunkie,

Thanks for the feedback. May I know if you have a good measurement for the inner dia of the "older" Mag C?

Hoped you like the SST-90 heatsink.

With regards,
    Jo @ Britelumens

Quote Originally Posted by Techjunkie View Post
    Jo,

Would you please offer an Aluminum sleeve for your Mag C heatsinks to retrofit them to the older Mag C (without "C" in the serial number)? You know, like they used to for the old hotlips heatsink:

By the way, I received and installed my Mag D SST-90 deluxe heatsink. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Britelumens View Post
    Hi Techjunkie,

Thanks for the feedback. May I know if you have a good measurement for the inner dia of the "older" Mag C?

Hoped you like the SST-90 heatsink.

With regards,
    Jo @ Britelumens
    The old Hotlips threads quote ~28mm. By my calipers I measure just over 28mm, roughly 28.25-28.30mm. Too fat is better than too thin in my opinion. I can always take a brake hone to the inside of the mag tube to make a HS that's too fat fit. If the heatsink is too small, I'm stuck using Aluminum foil and thermal grease to fill the gap and that's no fun at all.

Just ordered off of your website......

for 1 SST-50 mag D Heatsink

Transaction ID: 8NL293741C392773W

Thanks, Jason

Flashaholic*

Default Re: FS: SST-50 / SST-90 MAG D Deluxe Heatsink ***Ready to ship***

Last edited by Drywolf; 01-15-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Default Re: FS: SST-50 / SST-90 MAG D Deluxe Heatsink ***Ready to ship***

Hi Frank,

You got a PM, sorry for the mixed up .

With regards,
    Jo @ Britelumens

Quote Originally Posted by Drywolf View Post
    Hello Jo,
    I was sent a 15mm reflector inside of a bag marked 16mm the other reflector and two heat sinks are great. Please let me know how we are going to fix my order.
    Thank you,
    Frank

Flashaholic*

Last edited by Drywolf; 01-15-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Hi Frank,

As a goodwill for the mixed up, I am throwing in free shipping is for the single exchange item and not for other purchases like this which weight alot for the heatsinks.

With regards,
    Jo @ Britelumens

Quote Originally Posted by Drywolf View Post
    Hi Jo,
    Here is my next order:

2 x SST-90 heatsink $42.00
    3 x 16 mm MOP reflector for SST-90 $54.00
    "registered" shipping $3.00

Total $99.00

I subtracted $6.00 for free shipping and $3.00 difference between 16mm I ordered and 15mm you shipped me. Please okay this order and then I will Paypal you ASAP.
    Thank you,
    Frank

Flashaholic*

Last edited by Drywolf; 01-15-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Hey Jo,

Sector_Cleared is making a one sided driver with all four wires (two in, two out) on the component side of the PCB. Being that your heatsink already has the exit holes for the wires in the center of the bottom, it's not possible (or at least not easy) to heatsink the the flat side of SC's PCB to the bottom of your heatsink.

Would you be able/willing to manufacture a driver heatsink tray to mate with the bottom of your heatsink like the one I've mocked up below?

Last edited by Techjunkie; 01-15-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Hi Tech,

If I understood correctly, his pcb will have 4 leads that would need to be through hole unless he do it as surface mount type. Else, you will have short circuit issues while doing the heatsinking part, unless the tray that you asked to make is ano.

Maybe he can reconsider how he run his wires on the board before they are made. That would be more logical.

With regards,
    Jo @ Britelumens

Hey Jo,

Sector_Cleared is making a one sided driver with all four wires (two in, two out) on the component side of the PCB. Being that your heatsink already has the exit holes for the wires in the center of the bottom, it's not possible (or at least not easy) to heatsink the the flat side of SC's PCB to the bottom of your heatsink.

Would you be able/willing to manufacture a driver heatsink tray to mate with the bottom of your heatsink like the one I've mocked up below?

Actually, I was asking if you could make the trays with the heatsinks so the trays would be anodized like the heatsinks are.

Personally, I'd minimize the solder points where the through hole leads are soldered and then use AAA to attach the PCB to the sinks and while the adhesive cures, I'd use a DMM to make sure everything is electrically isolated.

That's the same process for using sharks with shark sinks, which are not ano'd, although the copper C on them helps to shim the board away from the sink.

Hi Tech,

If I understood correctly, his pcb will have 4 leads that would need to be through hole unless he do it as surface mount type. Else, you will have short circuit issues while doing the heatsinking part, unless the tray that you asked to make is ano.

Maybe he can reconsider how he run his wires on the board before they are made. That would be more logical.

With regards,
    Jo @ Britelumens

Mag C SST-50 heatsinks received Jo

Many Thanks

Received my SST-50 M@g D heatsink today!

Thanks Jo!

Hey ...

does your reflector produce more throw or spill? thx

Finished the first one.

Cree XR-E R2 over driven with an SOB1200 topped off with a little GID epoxy.

This engine will go into my Jesus Hernandez 1.5D aspherical Mag.
    Last edited by Nanomiser; 01-21-2010 at 08:02 PM.

MAG C Deluxe SST-50 heatsink
    Metal MOP reflector with 15mm opening
    1 x ww shipping - $6.00

Total: $42.00

Paypal coming momentarily....

Enlightened

any chance of getting an sst-90 mag C heatsink?

Hi Guys,

The SST-90 in MAG C form are in progress. Once ready to ship, I will update this thread again on post #1.

With regards,
    Jo @ Britelumens

Flashaholic

Hi Jo,

3 x Deluxe SST-50 heatsink $21.00 each
    2 x Deluxe SST-90 heatsink $21.00 each

S&H $10.00

Total $115.00

Thanks in advance!

Hi Techjunkie and guys,

Okay, maybe this is the rolls-royce material for a hot-lip (It's copper!!)

Here is a sleeve that I have made specially cater to forks who wants to have their mod made using my various heatsinks in MAG C format to cater for "older" MAG C body.

And here you are....

It measure slightly more than 28mm and I felt its going to be maybe on a slight lose end. But it would fit and sink the heat pretty well

With regards,
    Jo @ Britelumens

Jo,

Thanks, Jo. That looks about right to me.

Did it require any lathe work, or did it just happen that you found some copper plumbing pipe that was exactly the right inner and outer diameter?

Will that be a free option with a Mag C heatsink, or is there an extra charge?

By the way, you should edit your post with the photos to include some carriage returns between the pics (as I have in this reply). I have to scroll way over on this 18" screen.

Hi Techjunkie and guys,

Okay, maybe this is the rolls-royce material for a hot-lip (It's copper!!)

Here is a sleeve that I have made specially cater to forks who wants to have their mod made using my various heatsinks in MAG C format to cater for "older" MAG C body.

And here you are....

It measure slightly more than 28mm and I felt its going to be maybe on a slight lose end. But it would fit and sink the heat pretty well

With regards,
    Jo @ Britelumens

Hi,

I realized you did not ask for registered. Please note that if there is a lost of item along the way, we could not do much about it.

With regards,
    Jo @ Britelumens

Quote Originally Posted by Fulgeo View Post
    Hi Jo,

3 x Deluxe SST-50 heatsink $21.00 each
    2 x Deluxe SST-90 heatsink $21.00 each

S&H $10.00

Total $115.00

Thanks in advance!

Flashaholic

Hi,

I realized you did not ask for registered. Please note that if there is a lost of item along the way, we could not do much about it.

With regards,
    Jo @ Britelumens
    Ok Jo you sold me. I will Paypal you the extra $2.00 for registered mail. Thanks in advance!

Fulgeo

Flashaholic

It measure slightly more than 28mm
    From dimensions it looks like type L 1” copper tube.

Old Mad ID 1.102”
    New Mag ID 1.023

Type K OD 1.125, wall 0.065
    Type L OD 1.125, wall 0.05
    Type M OD 1.125, wall 0.035

I have no expertise in copper pipes but from what I see it looks like L is actually most common one (e.g., Home Depot carries it and one should be able to buy short piece at store)

It may be necessary to sand a pipe little bit to fit into old Mag but if should fit pretty well over C heatsink.