best compact p7 or mce flashlight

light obsessed

Newly Enlightened
What is the highest quality fully regulated compact led flashligh that puts out about 500 lumens? What is the battery that will provide the most runtime for the size? I like the size of the lithium ion 18650. I have seen download's mce + 18650 light and I like the looks of it. Anyone have this light and how is it?

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
See saberwolfs post,he made a 123 and 18650,mce or p7.i love mne !

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the battery that will provide the most runtime for the size? I like the size of the lithium ion 18650.
A compact p7 or mce flashlight will become too hot if run for any significant amount of time. So the only runtime restriction is to not to over-stress your battery.

I walked the trails of High Park in Toronto with the GTA CPF members a couple of months ago.
Started out using my 3C Mag P7. After about 15 minutes it got warm.
So I switched to my EDC-P7(18650). It got HOT in 5 minutes!
I switched back to my 3C Mag.

geek1

Newly Enlightened
As far as I know fully regulated MC-E or P7 lights on just a single 18650 don't exist. If you want flat regulation for an MC-E or P7 you'll need at least 2x18650 (don't ask me why, still unenlightened).

I'm also looking for a compact MC-E or P7 able to run on a single 18650 (I use gray Trustfires 2400mAh). I already have a Spiderfire P7 which is a great (budget)light, though it's direct drive. I also want the best possible regulation for this kind of setup so now I'm lookin' into/waiting for the next flashlights:

MG-PLI
MG RX-1
4Sevens MC-E
Epsilon ED-P71
Elektrolumens EDC-MCE
Wolf Eyes Explorer

If flat regulation is a must, I'd go for the new Eagletac M2SC4. Though not quite EDC, it's more compact than other 2x18650 lights because of the side by side battery setup.

Good luck picking one, trust me, you'll need it (been lookin' into this for 3 months already)...

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Afaik it is a buck/boost driver limitation. There just aren't many which can regulate the higher current needed by a MC-E/ P7/ SST90 light at 2A+ while in boost mode. So full regulation just isn't available from a standard vendor. I'm sure a custom modder could make it happen though.

You may also look into 2x18500 lights which have decent size/ capacity and can regulate throughout the full discharge of the cells.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're all forgetting the Lumapower D-Mini EX
Under 500 lumens, but not my much. That thing is a scorcher

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
hahahahahahahaha you opened a huge bag o worms with that question i won't answer...see my name for what i think...but be wary when posting open ended questions like that