Krusty makes space flight!

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. Wow - $35 million for a ticket - and we think we spend a lot on lights! To spend that much time up there would be a dream, I'm jealous.

I'm suprised he owns a 95% stake in Cirque. I would think for financial diversity, he would cut down on his exposure to one enterprise.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
I wonder if they'll be listening to "the contemporary offerings of James Taylor" and for their sake, I hope that they don't get sent to that "Planet Of The Apes Planet".

gollum

Enlightened
what an awesome thing to be able to experience :)
I think the price is not very relevant to him though
he could still live nicely on a couple of mill

I would do it too if I had such a chance
after all when you are super rich how many cars boats and houses do you need:party:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
True, true. Though the fact that he owns 95% of cirque doesn't mean that this is the only asset he owns. Rather, it just means that he owns the majority of cirque's available shares. But this holding could still represent just a small part of his overall portfolio.

In other words, he could be worth $500 million, and have $45 million of that money invested in a cirque enterprise whose total value is $50 million. I hope this makes sense! :)

Clowns....in....SPAAAAAAACE!

- FITP

gollum

Enlightened
maybe in the not too distant future (50 yrs ?)
space travel will be affordable

I know Richard Branston has his space flight travel thing going

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
yes, but why? without an actual destination, we are just driving around the block to waste fuel so to speak....i'll take a trip to mars, but just up and back seems kinda pointless....

Illum

Flashaholic
Interesting. Wow - $35 million for a ticket - and we think we spend a lot on lights! To spend that much time up there would be a dream, I'm jealous.

I'll be willing to spend $35 million on a flashlight if the failing if its [light] engine will cost me my life....

yes, but why? without an actual destination, we are just driving around the block to waste fuel so to speak....i'll take a trip to mars, but just up and back seems kinda pointless....

just the acceleration and deceleration will raise alot of eyebrows:crazy:

Last edited:

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i spose if you spent you whole life in orbit, by einstein's law you would live "longer" compared to everyone else but only by a few seconds, a minute at most...of course the cosmic radiation surging through your body would probably more than make up for that