Microfire T3

jw2n

Newly Enlightened
First of all, I am completely new to HID flashlights. I have a basic understanding of HID though. I have been looking at this light due to the fact it has many features that I like. These being - uses 123's, produces over 500 lumens, small in size, and costs just over $300. I have a feeling that due to my ignorance I do not have a thorough grasp of what the hell I'm doing. I own, and use, every other type of flashlight, but I am looking for a small, extremely powerful light for EDC. This light would only be used to define objects clearly, and or, at a distance. What features should I be looking for? Wattage? Wavelenghts? Is there a HID that would better suit me? If you could steer me in a direction in which I could educate myself, as opposed to spending your time educating me, that would be fine. I should have spent some time reading this portion of the forum prior to posting this thread, but I did'nt. I'm an older *******, but still seem to just jump right in. Thanx in advance.

Joe

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm a huge HID fan but in this case I'd probably urge you to look into some of the P7 and MC-E LED lights. They're brighter, more efficient and come to full brightness instantly and in multiple modes offering extended run-times. 24 watt HID's offer a decided advantage in output over multi-die or most multi-emitter LEDs. You might have a look at the compact 24W lights that I linked in this thread.