ArmyTek
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire...?

Default Re: NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire is just a myth

Quote Originally Posted by my_gentle_cry View Post
    divine, ye, I need them. Besides, the U2 problem has not been fixed in full. Hope, I will decide it in the near future.
    I don't see where you've told us what the current problem with your U2 is.
    "For every good deed, there is an equal an opposite bad deed."

Banned

In my own experience if you call the law enforcement and military customer support they always pay attention to your concern instead of put you on hold. And it would be up to you to use the proper term to explain what the problem is.

I had some tailcaps issues in the past and when I called them, they were quick to send me replacement tailcaps.

Last week, I damaged my M4 reflector, called them and they issued me an RMA for me to send the light to them. I'm hoping to get it back within a couple of weeks.

I agree that they should be more responsive to emails as many buyers are not located within the US.

Well, in the weird and wonderful way the world works!

I just received and email with my RMA

So looks like I'm going to the post office on monday

^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

I believe there is somewhat of a language barrier going on in this thread. I can understand accents pretty good, but sometimes it is difficult to do over the phone.

The only way I see someone on the phone requesting someone to send them an email is if they think they might have better luck with a written description.

And... it sounds like the written one didn't turn out very good either. I wouldn't mind proof reading something if it would help.
    "For every good deed, there is an equal an opposite bad deed."

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    I don't see where you've told us what the current problem with your U2 is.
    the rubber of my U2 tailcap is peeling off (pic 1).

Besides I had 30 min talk with support team and Martin understood me clearly... My English is not fluent in technical terms but I can explain that I have problems with 3 flashlights of Surefire. my e-mail was asked cause he had needed to be convinced of my word's truth. I was asked the photos of the devective parts....

DimeRazorback, my congratulations!!!! )))
    xcel730, I will send my e-mails over and over )))) It's no trouble at all)) will be a real Ukrainian spammer

HELL LIGHT, thx for Ur advice
    SF:U2,L1,L2,A2,M4,M6,E2D,LED. NovaTac EDC-120P, Fenix: LD20, L2D, L0D.K3500R Warrior III,K2000R Warrior II.FIVEMEGA: Original Elephant+FM3V-2, ELEPHANT II+FM3X, 1x26500+Turbo C Head, 2x26500 Megalennium, Megalennium 3x18650+FM3H-3.

I must say that I too have had problems with Surefire customer services.

As I am outside of the US I get to deal with the 'International Rep / Reps'. I think that therein lies the problem as the US guys seem to get great service!

Last time I had a defective E1B head, I contacted them and waited 2 weeks for a reply - nothing. Contacted them again and left an answerphone message - a week later they emailed me back (in response to the original email - the phone message had been 'lost') and said they would get me an RMA number. Another week later an RMA number arrived. I emailed them a question I needed answering before sending the light back - bored of typing now but let's just say they kept me waiting yet again, and then again!!!!

You might want to try services like SKYPE to call the US. it might be cheaper.
    Collecting is not about what you have but rather what you DONT have . . . yet.
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

Yup, i think that when you make a new acccount you automatically get 30 free minutes for calling on "regular" phone numbers. I'm not sure, since i made my skype account a few years ago...

Sorry dude, but you don´t live in U.S. territory.

That really sucks... Surefire "lifetime warranty" does not work for us, U.S. outsiders.

"I LOVE THE SMELL OF LITHIUM BATTERIES IN THE MORNING..." - Kilgore

I've had three issues with Surefires and they have eventually gotten back to me and sorted my issues....

1st Time
    The leaf springs broke off on my Black A2 just like your L1 and they took about two months to get a new replacement black tailcap shipped to me in Oz. I called them on that occasion and the 'States run their call centres was a new experience to me.

2nd Time
    I had a buggy L5 switch and they sent me a replacment switch but that took about four months but i got it! Emailed that time on helpyou@surefire.com

3rd time
    I managed to break my L5 pocket clip and I emailed them...
    11 months later I got the package from Surefire and lo and behold I got the clip... after I had long forgotten about it.
    Great thing was they included a little 'sorry about the long reply' letter that was hand typed by a Surefire employee and signed too... they also included a little sorry gift for me too which was really really nice of them

From what I've heard from the dealer here in Melbourne Australia is that Surefire's customer service overseas is pretty good but they do sometimes have long lead times.
    The main thing with Surefire is to have a little patience with them, the Surefire people from my experience try their hardest but they are very busy...
    Last edited by quokked; 10-04-2009 at 04:05 AM.
    Semper Paratus

That's exactly it!

They may take a while to reply, but when you put it into the grand scheme, they would get hundreds of phone calls a day!

So obviously they will prioritise a phone call over an email. I have yet to loose patience as I understand this, and to be honest it was quite a surprise when I received my RMA via email the other day.

Even though I had to wait a while, I am still impressed by the professionalism in which my situation has been handled so far!

^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Train View Post
    I must say that I too have had problems with Surefire customer services.

As I am outside of the US I get to deal with the 'International Rep / Reps'. I think that therein lies the problem as the US guys seem to get great service!

Last time I had a defective E1B head, I contacted them and waited 2 weeks for a reply - nothing. Contacted them again and left an answerphone message - a week later they emailed me back (in response to the original email - the phone message had been 'lost') and said they would get me an RMA number. Another week later an RMA number arrived. I emailed them a question I needed answering before sending the light back - bored of typing now but let's just say they kept me waiting yet again, and then again!!!!
    As for the case with my U2… I detected the moisture on the surface of the battery. There were the real drops of water inside the tailcap… And then it occurred to be the problem with the rubber of the tailcap. It was a defect: because of the crack in the rubber of the tailcap U2 had not got a hermeticity. I don’t know what will be with my U2 in this case. I sent a message to Surefire and asked to BUY these rubber caps for my U2. U see it is not the problem for me to buy these spares from them if they are not willing to send them for free according to their no-hassle guarantee. It is a bitter truth I can’t obtain a guarantee when buying my M6 at the price of 600 USD.
    Solscud007, pulstar, I will try this method too. Thank U.
    Federal LG, I need the spares... their guarranty is more than I can hope for
    SF:U2,L1,L2,A2,M4,M6,E2D,LED. NovaTac EDC-120P, Fenix: LD20, L2D, L0D.K3500R Warrior III,K2000R Warrior II.FIVEMEGA: Original Elephant+FM3V-2, ELEPHANT II+FM3X, 1x26500+Turbo C Head, 2x26500 Megalennium, Megalennium 3x18650+FM3H-3.

quokked, I agree with U.

Rolleye11 Re: NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire is just a myth

Quote Originally Posted by Federal LG View Post
    Sorry dude, but you don´t live in U.S. territory.

That really sucks... Surefire "lifetime warranty" does not work for us, U.S. outsiders.

I live in Norway and have only had great experiences with SF warranty. A few times through Surefire USA and once through the new Norwegian dealer.

They really do prefer you to use your local dealer and that dealer should help you even if they didn't sell you the light.

If you are an international customer it might be wise to contact: internationalrep2 at surefire.com to get advice.

Sverre

Quote Originally Posted by NoFair View Post
    I live in Norway and have only had great experiences with SF warranty. A few times through Surefire USA and once through the new Norwegian dealer.

They really do prefer you to use your local dealer and that dealer should help you even if they didn't sell you the light.

If you are an international customer it might be wise to contact: internationalrep2 at surefire.com to get advice.

Sverre
    I sent the e-mails to internationalrep2 at surefire.com. I have not received any replies.

I haven't followed this thread much... I just want to wish the OP good Luck!!

I hope I have better luck than you when/if my SFs need servicing. I only live ~350 miles away, and have family in San Bernadino. so I could just drive there and buy / beg for a replacement part if I need to.
    CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

Called them up the other day asking to purchase a few small items that I needed. One being a long clip for my L4, the other a new lens for a 6P. The sweet lady on the phone said that she would let me have them for free.

Hopefully they get here in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuey2002 View Post
    Called them up the other day asking to purchase a few small items that I needed. One being a long clip for my L4, the other a new lens for a 6P. The sweet lady on the phone said that she would let me have them for free.

Hopefully they get here in the next few days.
    Yep...they rock...hope they get your situation sorted out, OP.

While reading some of the last posts i wish i could sing Born in the USA, born in the...
    I too wait for replacement tailcap, but i doubt it'll arrive in some near future. Can someone tells how does warranty procedure actually look like? You inform SF, they ask you for your addrres and that's it? You never get confirmation email about sent parts or some other questions from SF? How do you claim your warranty, DimmeRazorback(hope i wrote that right...) since you live in Australia? I wish i could get a new tailcap without making a call to SF because of rediciolus int. phone prices...

Quote Originally Posted by pulstar View Post
    While reading some of the last posts i wish i could sing Born in the USA, born in the...
    I too wait for replacement tailcap, but i doubt it'll arrive in some near future. Can someone tells how does warranty procedure actually look like? You inform SF, they ask you for your addrres and that's it? You never get confirmation email about sent parts or some other questions from SF? How do you claim your warranty, DimmeRazorback(hope i wrote that right...) since you live in Australia? I wish i could get a new tailcap without making a call to SF because of rediciolus int. phone prices...
    This is a great country!

And you are correct: you call SF with request, they confirm your shipping info, then you wait. I've never received any email or shipping/order info from them before...

Might be different for international though
    ...as for me, when you want a good laugh, you will find me, in a fine state, fat and flourishing, a true hog of Epicurus' herd...
    Running Collection List
    HERE

I've received something like 4 replacement parts from surefire, they never asked a question that wasn't related to repairing my flashlight.

This thread has me thinking on what you guy's are doing wrong. No where in the clause does it say that the lifetime guarantee is only applicable to those in the U.S. Another thing I'm assuming is registering, the card you get with a new light, using the number on it to register it online. I think that has a major part to play in it. I had to use STS a few times, I was only on the phone for about 2-3 minutes each time, and I had the replacement part in my hand after 4 days of contact, not 5, but 4 days on them 3 occasions, and the part was couriered each time to my door. After the first time I contacted them with a issue, the second they knew all my details, my name and where to send the replacement part. I also think they know what I own by the way of registering, maybe not, but I think it does.

The first time i did email them, got no reply so I called them. Calling them always worked for me.

i agree...registering is important for sf that they can verify you really purchased their products...god knows how many people could abuse their free warranty... I've registered my lx2 and when i emailed sf about strange behaviour of tailcap, i recieved response from them very quickly...but when they'll actually send me a new one..?

I just want to say that I have owned several SF lights over the years. And not one of them have been registered with them.

Yet, they have fixed every single problem that I have ever had with one of their products. From a blown P60 in a G2 that was brand-spankin' new. To a KX2 with a cat-piss green beam (I had to send it back.) Even a Z59 that stopped working minutes after receiving my 6P Defender..

The same applies with this latest phone call to SF. I didn't get on the phone and demand anything. I simply asked them if I could if I purchase those two parts. I even told the lady I had my CC ready and waiting.

"Just tell me when you want my CC number and I'll give it to you..." ~Me

"That's ok. Those two items are covered under warranty. There will be no charge. Here is your order number _________. Can I confirm the following address ________ ? We'll get those items right out." ~SF

Thumbs up Re: NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire is just a myth

That's how it's worked for me in the past as well.

I had one of the God like Milky Spit lights that quit working. He never returned calls or E-mails. Sent it to SF they put a new head on it no questions asked.

I will just buy SF, and no more, well...leave it at that.

They stand behind what they make.

I'm in Canada and I had to call Surefire about a z62 tailcap on my A2. I was on their 1800# for all of 3 minutes and they said they'd send me a replacement right away. I got it a couple of weeks later. So no complaints here even though Canada isn't as international as other countries.

One issue I have is Canadian dealers who don't seem to want to special order anything and US dealers won't send things across the border. I finally found a Canadian dealer that will order me anything so I'm happy now.

Flashaholic

What I find weird is he called them and they asked him to email them? Anyone else experience this?

kramer5150, 350 miles really????? )))))) I wish being Ur best friend)))))) so, if my problem would not be resolved I have a GREAT ...THE GREATEST hope U will help me to get some of the spares of SF when visitin' Ur family in San Bernadino =) thx for Ur attention to my topic.
    Schuey2002, hope U will get them in the near future! good luck!
    pulstar, SureAddicted, as for the calls... I decided to call them yesterday... I had been waiting for my turn for 15 min )))) then i had a talk with James... he said that i needed to explain him the whole problem with my flashlight then he would be able to help... the first question was "where are U from?"... I explained him the problem and he said that I needed another support service manager ... James tried to reconnect me to the manager who decides repair flashlight cases ... and the money on my phone were over and it was no wonder for me... ))) to call them I need to burn out the whole salary on my phone account ))))so, James said that Martin would be online the next week. I will try to contact Martin and to send fax.
    pulstar, do like me)))) use all the ways to press them and to get what U need)))))