SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire...?

Default Re: NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire is just a myth

Quote Originally Posted by Schuey2002 View Post
    I just want to say that I have owned several SF lights over the years. And not one of them have been registered with them.

Yet, they have fixed every single problem that I have ever had with one of their products. From a blown P60 in a G2 that was brand-spankin' new. To a KX2 with a cat-piss green beam (I had to send it back.) Even a Z59 that stopped working minutes after receiving my 6P Defender..

The same applies with this latest phone call to SF. I didn't get on the phone and demand anything. I simply asked them if I could if I purchase those two parts. I even told the lady I had my CC ready and waiting.

"Just tell me when you want my CC number and I'll give it to you..." ~Me

"That's ok. Those two items are covered under warranty. There will be no charge. Here is your order number _________. Can I confirm the following address ________ ? We'll get those items right out." ~SF

Schuey2002, thanks for Ur info. It may help to offer them my CC and to give them an opportunity to udrerstand that I'm ready to make a payment and I really want these spares.
    SF:U2,L1,L2,A2,M4,M6,E2D,LED. NovaTac EDC-120P, Fenix: LD20, L2D, L0D.K3500R Warrior III,K2000R Warrior II.FIVEMEGA: Original Elephant+FM3V-2, ELEPHANT II+FM3X, 1x26500+Turbo C Head, 2x26500 Megalennium, Megalennium 3x18650+FM3H-3.

Quote Originally Posted by DimmerD View Post
    What I find weird is he called them and they asked him to email them? Anyone else experience this?
    DimmerD, I don't see that my case is weird... as for their request to email them I explained it earler. Be more attentive
    SF:U2,L1,L2,A2,M4,M6,E2D,LED. NovaTac EDC-120P, Fenix: LD20, L2D, L0D.K3500R Warrior III,K2000R Warrior II.FIVEMEGA: Original Elephant+FM3V-2, ELEPHANT II+FM3X, 1x26500+Turbo C Head, 2x26500 Megalennium, Megalennium 3x18650+FM3H-3.

I just wanted to add that my parts showed up today.

I received a long clip for my L4, a spacer for it, and a new G2 bezel w/lens. Even though I told the lady that I just needed the lens and not the entire bezel.

SureFire's CS came through yet again! Thanks, SF!

Flashaholic

My E2D switch has ceased to be, it is dead etc. Email Surefire support yesterday and got the following not very helpful nor hassle-free reply today:-

Unfortunately we can only ship inside of the US.
    For this issue you would need to order from a near by dealer.

Customer Service SUREFIRE
    18300 Mt. Baldy Circle I Fountain Valley, CA 92708 I U.S.A.
    T 714-545-9444 ex. 2210 T 800-828-8809 F 714-545-9537

Illumination tools and accessories designed to meet the demanding needs of high-risk professionals. Tested and relied upon in the world's harshest conditions.

Go with the proven performer. Go SureFire.

At least they do answer emails. I don't particularly like the sound of 'you would need to order', seems like payment is required.

Edit update, I've emailed Surefire asking if this means that they do not honour their warranty. The E2D was on it's first set of batteries so it could hardly be considered 'fair wear and tear'. I'd have to put this one down to defective. Makes me reluctant to go with the proven performer again.
    Last edited by wykeite; 10-10-2009 at 05:54 AM.
    Get thee behind me Satan..................and push

Maybe they thought you were trying to get a freebie??

^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

Quote Originally Posted by my_gentle_cry View Post
    as for the calls... I decided to call them yesterday... I had been waiting for my turn for 15 min )))) then i had a talk with James... he said that i needed to explain him the whole problem with my flashlight then he would be able to help... the first question was "where are U from?"... I explained him the problem and he said that I needed another support service manager ... James tried to reconnect me to the manager who decides repair flashlight cases ... and the money on my phone were over and it was no wonder for me... ))) to call them I need to burn out the whole salary on my phone account ))))so, James said that Martin would be online the next week. I will try to contact Martin and to send fax.
    It's a shame Surefire's International toll free # only currently works in Germany and England. Hopefully it will be expanded to all of the EU as the phone standardization process slowly plods ahead eventually making this kind service problem a thing of the past.

What about Australia??

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by DimeRazorback View Post
    Maybe they thought you were trying to get a freebie??

I'm prepared to send the switch back to them, it sounds like a baby's rattle albeit an expensive one.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeRazorback View Post
    What about Australia??

Thought you were having some good luck with RMAs from Sf down under.

If by good luck you mean waiting 2 weeks per response... I guess so

My post was more getting to the point of why toll free for all of Europe, but not Australia. That's all

Flashaholic

Sorry mate, had a very quick response that did me no good at all.

Agree with the toll free number, probably try that Monday morning. Aussies should get the same as the whinging Poms .

Yeah do your best to call.

I was able to be patient as I had more than one A2, so I just sat it out and waited for replies to emails.

If I have issues in the future, I will call first up however

No comment on your last comment

Quote Originally Posted by wykeite View Post
    My E2D switch has ceased to be, it is dead etc. Email Surefire support yesterday and got the following not very helpful nor hassle-free reply today:-

When I broke my 6P I emailed Surefire for this incident. They answered about 2 days later. Although I told them that it was my fault, they offered to send me a new replacement bezel and a tailcap. But because I live in Greece I was told that I have to contact the International Department, so I fired an email to them. They replied after a couple of hours (!) and after 10 days I had the replacements in my hands!

Flashaholic

[QUOTE=DimeRazorback;3116011
    No comment on your last comment [/QUOTE]

The RAN RNZN and the RN are are playing rugby against each other just a few miles from where I live and I get discount tickets. Got to go .

Quote Originally Posted by yuk View Post
    When I broke my 6P I emailed Surefire for this incident. They answered about 2 days later. Although I told them that it was my fault, they offered to send me a new replacement bezel and a tailcap. But because I live in Greece I was told that I have to contact the International Department, so I fired an email to them. They replied after a couple of hours (!) and after 10 days I had the replacements in my hands!
    Must try this one, thanks. I don't really want a cascade of switches. One that works would do.

I just called SF early last week for:

Two bent Z41 tailcap springs
    Broken cinch on a SF lanyard

They offered to send one new complete Z41 and a replacement lanyard, but they were very interested in the age of each failed part that I had.

I just rec'd them, as promised.

SF from me.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by my_gentle_cry View Post

HELL LIGHT, thx for Ur advice
    It is indeed best to call Surefire, rather than e-mailing them.

It is also best to ignore any advice given by Hell Light. He is well known for cheating other members of CPF in any deals involving flashlights. His reputation here is that of a con-man.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Sorry you are having the problems. That sucks. I would shop elseware in the future. No flashlight company anymore is "the only game in town"
    "I only smile in the dark...my only comfort is the night gone black..."lyrics from Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    It is indeed best to call Surefire, rather than e-mailing them.

It is also best to ignore any advice given by Hell Light. He is well known for cheating other members of CPF in any deals involving flashlights. His reputation here is that of a con-man.
    Monocrom, I didn't know about it thank U for warning.
    woodrow, hope my today's call to them will bring good news

Flashaholic

Customer Service SUREFIRE
    18300 Mt. Baldy Circle I Fountain Valley, CA 92708 I U.S.A.
    T 714-545-9444 ex. 2210 T 800-828-8809 F 714-545-9537

Illumination tools and accessories designed to meet the demanding needs of high-risk professionals. Tested and relied upon in the world's harshest conditions.

Go with the proven performer. Go SureFire.

At least they do answer emails. I don't particularly like the sound of 'you would need to order', seems like payment is required.

Edit update, I've emailed Surefire asking if this means that they do not honour their warranty. The E2D was on it's first set of batteries so it could hardly be considered 'fair wear and tear'. I'd have to put this one down to defective. Makes me reluctant to go with the proven performer again.
    An update:

I sent an email to International(at)surefire.com over the weekend and prepared to call them a.m. Calif time. Before I could call I received an email asking me to detail the fault and to give my name, address and tel no. which I did. That was Monday.

This morning I fired up the computer to find a reply (sent Tuesday Ca. time) giving me an order number and telling me that a replacement is being shipped.

Reading the posts in this thread it would seem SF are slow to reply, this is certainly not the case in this instance - far from it. My only complaint is that the 'helpyou' address dismissed me without directing me to 'international'. It was like dealing with two seperate companies.

I don't expect many Surefire failures in the future but if and when I know the route to go.

Thanks Surefire.

An update:

I sent an email to International(at)surefire.com over the weekend and prepared to call them a.m. Calif time. Before I could call I received an email asking me to detail the fault and to give my name, address and tel no. which I did. That was Monday.

This morning I fired up the computer to find a reply (sent Tuesday Ca. time) giving me an order number and telling me that a replacement is being shipped.

Reading the posts in this thread it would seem SF are slow to reply, this is certainly not the case in this instance - far from it. My only complaint is that the 'helpyou' address dismissed me without directing me to 'international'. It was like dealing with two seperate companies.

I don't expect many Surefire failures in the future but if and when I know the route to go.

Thanks Surefire.
    From which country do you come from that you were told to email them to international@....?

Flashaholic

Best regards to the OP. I saw this thread, and recalled another longer running one about surefire customer service. I had a out-of-the-box E1L tailcap issue, and I never emailed until a year later, but Within two weeks I had new tail cap, but I live in the states.....As you'll see in the thread Surefire does come through for their customers. It might not be 100% of the time, but in general they do stand behind their products.

Re: Well who's BROKE a Surefire?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=236993

P.S. Best of and I hope it's gets resolved.
    I'm Out....

A question for all the Surefire fans, when you buy a Ferrari or a Abrams Tank you don't tear out the engine and replace it with another brand, why then do so many of you replace the engine in your Surfire lights with a Malkoff etc..
    I already know the answer, just wanted to pose the question, I just think it's strange that people rave about Surefire and then find it necessary to replace the guts of what should already be the best product on the market.
    I'm only referring to P60 style lights.
    Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    A question for all the Surefire fans, when you buy a Ferrari or a Abrams Tank you don't tear out the engine and replace it with another brand, why then do so many of you replace the engine in your Surfire lights with a Malkoff etc..
    I already know the answer, just wanted to pose the question, I just think it's strange that people rave about Surefire and then find it necessary to replace the guts of what should already be the best product on the market.
    I'm only referring to P60 style lights.
    Norm
    You can have a stock V8 Mustang, or a Saleen Mustang. If you had the funds, would you leave your Mustang as is? I think not.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Flashaholic*

Because nothing is perfect.

Top characteristics of Surefire flashlights (to me) are:

Hosts machining and quality
    excellent anodizing
    Best 2 stage UI (L1/L2/A2/LX2)
    excellent ergonomics
    Great multi purpose optics (L1)
    Great integral design
    Hosts look good

however, leds become obsolete faster than what a company can design a light with those qualities, Surefire lights are tought piece by piece to be efficient working with all its parts.

as leds get better, better drivers need to be designed to drive them, reflectors/optics specific for them, etc.

i have a couple of L1, one that i keep completely stock, the other has a cree R2 on it, i didnt do the mod because i felt the light underperformed, i bought that light second hand with a failing led, just took the oportunity to upgrade it, and i understand why others do that, specially people with more knowledge and better tools than i have.

we all need and want things that work better for us, in that sense many adventure to modify things to their liking, and since no perfect flashlight exist...

that is the case of the 6P, its a great starting point, and it exists in a price range that wouldnt make Surefire any profit if you put a brass heatsink, optic, and drivers that the Malkoff M60 has, if they did they would have to drive up the price.

Nice thing is that with this platform, you have a ton of options, and some modders have the latest leds available in a well built drop-in (like Nailbender)

to put it succinctly: led technology improves fast

Since this is a thread about overseas members having issues with warranty work I'll over a little service. If you need RMA work or a replacement I will offer a US (Southern California) shipping address (my own address) that you can use as an intermediate to shipping overseas. If you are willing to cover USPS shipping costs.

I also will accept lights that need to be RMA-ed such as most LED lights.

PM me if you are interested. I'll take care of all handlings if you pay shipping.
    Hobbyist LED information Website
    U2 work light
    Shaky Emergency Light
    The Mags
    engineer in the making

Flashaholic

I'm Out....

65535 thanks, a fantastic offer for the rest of the Worlds Surefire fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy SureFire View Post
    +1

Norm

+2

Quote Originally Posted by 65535 View Post
    Since this is a thread about overseas members having issues with warranty work I'll over a little service. If you need RMA work or a replacement I will offer a US (Southern California) shipping address (my own address) that you can use as an intermediate to shipping overseas. If you are willing to cover USPS shipping costs.

I also will accept lights that need to be RMA-ed such as most LED lights.

PM me if you are interested. I'll take care of all handlings if you pay shipping.
    This is very generous of you! SF is going to think, "Man, there are a lot of people living at this address and they are ridiculously tough on lights!"

my_gentle_cry, have you recieved any new response frm SF till now?

An update: after emailing SF to helpyou@.... a few weeks ago, i decided to shift in higher gear and i sent them an email to international@... Within 24 hours they replied me to send them my shipping address and i got another reply a few hours later where they sent me my order (rma?) number for free replacement. They only asked me that i should allow maybe even 4-6 weeks until new tailcap arrives! Huraaaay!