NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire...?

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks,

I am speaking to you cause nobody else wants to listen to me… I mean Surefire Company. I have a problems with my flashlights of Surefire … I have got U2 and its button is peeled off (the rubber of tailcap is leaky)… the rubber was in this bad condition from the moment of my purchase and I didn't see this defect from the first sight. As for my L1 the contacts (lobes) of tailcap are broken off and are fallen out so I can't use the max mode of the flashlight. The contact's spring of my М6 holder is cracked (((( I decided to send an e-mail to Surefire by using their [email protected]. They replied quickly ad said that they were going to send U2 tailcap to me for free and they needed the delivery address… I was happy! Though they did not say anything about L1 tailcap =\ I sent a second e-mail to them… And received no reply… I had been waiting for 4 months… had been sending e-mails from time to time during this period. There was silence in response. So, I phoned to support service, had a talk with one of the managers (his name is Martin) who asked me to send an e-mail to him and to explain the problem. So, I did it again… I sent an e-mail with the photos of defective parts … and I have been waitin' for the answer for 2 weeks =\

Please, advice me what else can I do in this case? I can't understand of both
such "qualified" service and the declared no-hassle guarantee…

eed0266097e2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
224f6529cc40.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
f5225a329731.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire is just a myth

Sorry to say but you live in Ukraine. I dont think Surefire is as helpful for int'l customers. I have nothing but good experiences with Surefire, but I am in the US. I dont suppose there is a Surefire distributor in the Ukraine that could help?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

sad to say, I suspect that surefire will simply tell you to "contact your local dealer"

thats why they have local dealers, to settle the local problems. One thing about some dealers though, they price thier items above the surefire website prices...

Crenshaw

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

Sorry to say but you live in Ukraine. I dont think Surefire is as helpful for int'l customers. I have nothing but good experiences with Surefire, but I am in the US. I dont suppose there is a Surefire distributor in the Ukraine that could help?

U see we have a dealer of Surefire in Ukraine but.... the dealer said that couldn't help. They haven't got the spares at that moment ((( I have been tryin' to get help but they won't help me... don't answer to my e-mails too. They said by phone "please, connect with Surefire Company by [email protected]"... besides, when phoning to Surefire support service they promised to help... ((((

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

sad to say, I suspect that surefire will simply tell you to "contact your local dealer"

thats why they have local dealers, to settle the local problems. One thing about some dealers though, they price thier items above the surefire website prices...

Crenshaw
Crenshaw U see my local dealer said that could not help to me. My problem makes no difference to them

R@ndom

Enlightened

Another Australian member and I have recieved replies and a RMA. Not the most timely though. Mayby you can find an US member who can help you with it?

Wattnot

Enlightened

Surefire is known for not answering emails in a timely fashion. However, they are excellent with phone and fax.

Short and Round

Newly Enlightened

I really don't feel that Surefire should act like that regardless of where you are! If you have a Surefire light they should fix, it no questions asked. Surefire being on the higher price side does not need this kind of publicity with all the other light choices out there. They need to make it right!!

Surefire :poke: Make it right!!

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

Another Australian member and I have recieved replies and a RMA. Not the most timely though. Mayby you can find an US member who can help you with it?
R@ndom, I thought about it... But, unfortunately, I have not found such person yet :shrug:

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

Surefire is known for not answering emails in a timely fashion. However, they are excellent with phone and fax.

U see as I pointed in the topic I phoned them... and had a talk. They said that would help... I had been asked to send an e-mail once more. and I did it... but I have not received any reply... as usual.

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

I really don't feel that Surefire should act like that regardless of where you are! If you have a Surefire light they should fix, it no questions asked. Surefire being on the higher price side does not need this kind of publicity with all the other light choices out there. They need to make it right!!

Surefire :poke: Make it right!!
Thank U =) Hope dies hard ))))))

ARA

Enlightened

Just because a customer is abroad does not mean company treat them unfairly. If surefire has a no-hassle guarantee then that policy is equally applicable for international customers as well, who sometimes pay exorbitant amounts just to purchase their products. The shipping costs of sending a faulty light back to surefire can be at times more than the light itself, not to mention the fact that the local dealers often outright refuse to help.

HELL LIGHT

Banned

You just have to know the right technique to get the right service personnel. Like every company they have their priority customers to take care of and you just have to know the right way to talk to them.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast

Call, be friendly with the customer service person - none of this is that one's fault. Explain how you value SureFire's excellent customer service and want to know the best way to get your light repaired. Ask exactly where to send your email. In your email note who you called (Name, call center) and say that they suggested you email whoever. If they give you the same 'Surefire service' email, do it again - but if the email doesn't get a reply, call back and ask to speak to the same customer rep. Try to do this in a way so that you can show which groups and people you have contacted, and what they told you that you should do. In each communication list the fact that you've done what you were told, and who told you to. Good luck!

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

I received an email in reply to my issue (A2's lamp blew up and ruined the reflector and lens) asking for my address and all of my other details, so that they could issue me an RMA... that was nearly a month ago, and I am yet to hear from them again lol

I plan on sending another email sometime in the near future... but I'm in no hurry :p

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast

So... The U2 problem is fixed and you still need a L1 tailcap and M6 battery holder?

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know it's hard for those of you outside of the United States to call SureFire (timezone differences, int'l phone charges, etc.), but I would definitely try continually calling them rather than email. In my experience, emailed SF is a crapshoot at best, but calling has always gotten results.

Hang in there... :ohgeez:

-Robert

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

You are not wrong, calling is the best option... just not always pratical as you mentioned.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's one of the reason why I don't own SF. Why paid them extra for extra CS services within the US only? :welcome:

Entrope

Newly Enlightened

(Post Removed)

Last edited: