Foxfury Breakthrough

Thread: Anyone replace their Dereelight fwd clickie with a reverse?

Default Anyone replace their Dereelight fwd clickie with a reverse?

If so, where did you get it? What was involved in swapping? I love my Dereelights, but I think the mode change works better with a reverse clickie rather than the forward one.
    The Phaser: A nice EDC with great throw; heat and runtime can be issues.

Best Diffusion Film!

Default Re: Anyone replace their Dereelight fwd clickie with a reverse?

Jeez, really?

The Phaser: A nice EDC with great throw; heat and runtime can be issues.

Best Diffusion Film!

Aren't the dereelight forward switches super squishy spongy soft? I don't blame you for swapping them out.

Quote Originally Posted by carbine15 View Post
    Aren't the dereelight forward switches super squishy spongy soft? I don't blame you for swapping them out.
    The DBS/CLIH switches are very firm - as good as any IMHO.

I did try an unknown reverse clicky in a DBS v3 tailcap but it didn't change modes reliably. Probably not a good match as I had to reconfigure things to make it fit.
    The nicest thing about not planning for a disaster is that it comes as a complete surprise and is not preceded by a period of worry and depression

I can tell you what won't work: the reverse clickie from a Solarforce L2R (2AA). Just got my L2R, just tried both switcheroos. The L2R's tailcap won't thread on more than 2 or 3 threads. The Dereelight's reverse clickie DOES thread onto the L2R's tailcap threads (roughly), but when I clicked it, the Malkoff M030WF drop-in failed to light up.

What I want is a forward clickie for my Solarforce L2R--ideally, a bushing that can be threaded onto to L2R's tail threads to accept the larger Solarforce tailcaps. I'm about to post an appeal in the Solarforce lego thread, once I find it.
    My lights, all AA, neutral or warm: 3 Fenix TK20s; 2 Malkoff M30WFs; 2 Shiningbeam Romisens (5A); Dereelight XP-G R5 (close enough); UK 4AA incan.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaserburn View Post
    If so, where did you get it? What was involved in swapping? I love my Dereelights, but I think the mode change works better with a reverse clickie rather than the forward one.

My Javelin clicky was too firm for me even after putting a piece of rubber inside it so I put the pill from it into an L2 with a reverse clicky. When Dereelight comes out with a tactical tail with the clicky better exposed I'll put that on my Javelin and get a single mode XP-G drop in. I got the 3 way and with the forward clicky it was always changing modes when I didn't want it to.

I cobbled together a reverse clicky from spare parts for my CL1Hv4 (MC-E) and I love it. Simple, reliable mode changes and smooth operation. I can't understand why Dereelight hasn't offered this easy option...

Personally I like all my tailcap activated multi-mode lights to be reverse clicky as I don't consider them "tactical". The only exception would be my cherished Mc2CS-equipped 6Ps.
    The nicest thing about not planning for a disaster is that it comes as a complete surprise and is not preceded by a period of worry and depression