how would you stock up for apocaplyse ?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
how would you stock up for apocaplyse ?

would you stock up for batteries?

What lights would you keep for doomsday? The environment is dying fast.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Yes batteries and bullets.

With those I can go get the rest of my needs later.
Flashlights? I have so many to pick from it's just silly trying to decide. I want a long runtime option, a really bright option, a flooder, and a great thrower.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anything happened and there was no law here is my checklist:

Grab all of the Glocks and shotguns.
Grab all of my lights and various tools like knives etc etc.

Basically weapons, and gear that would go with it. None of that flint, water treatment crap. Just what I need to kill and do it effectively.

Then go grab the people I want to take.

Then go to every store that sells batteries and bullets and guns and steal everything.

Then I go find a store with water bottles.

Then I go into the woods with the lighters I just took from a gas station.

I can survive and kill anything that hinders that.

*Dusty*

Enlightened
If anything happened and there was no law here is my checklist:

Grab all of the Glocks and shotguns.
Grab all of my lights and various tools like knives etc etc.

Basically weapons, and gear that would go with it. None of that flint, water treatment crap. Just what I need to kill and do it effectively.

Then go grab the people I want to take.

Then go to every store that sells batteries and bullets and guns and steal everything.

Then I go find a store with water bottles.

Then I go into the woods with the lighters I just took from a gas station.

I can survive and kill anything that hinders that.

This apocalypse thing sounds like fun :D

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Local gun shop has a .50 BMG.. :poke:

On second though.. a little more organized approach:

Grab all my guns and lights
Borrow every battery I could
Borrow a couple more handguns (there can be too many... err scratch that. I just kicked someone out of the party group)
Borrow a few AR type rifles and goodies
Borrow a good scoped rifle
Grab the stuff the gun stores have: ammo and knives for example. Things to survive..

Pilfer Walmart at night when no one else could see without a good light..

Got an 06 4x4 F-150 so I would just take off into the woods out around my old house being as I know it like the back of my hand. Find a good little hill and bunker down.

Unfortunately I think unless there was a zombie outbreak I wouldn't really enjoy it. That is with the assumption I could get my hands on a few guns quick enough to stay alive. Anything else and it's just defending yourself from crazies. At least with zombies you could go on the hunt to see who could nab the most.

I'm starting to feel like creating an apocalypse..

2012? I'll be here in 2013 mark my word..

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm gather my goodies & go to costco and take it over and lock it down and have the whole place for myself

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm gather my goodies & go to costco and take it over and lock it down and have the whole place for myself

Unless the next, like-minded "qip" has the same idea...I kinda like the idea of just "disappearing" in the woods with what I have, and taking my chances with nature rather than humans...then, once all the "Evil People"/"Crazies" have killed each other off, I may consider returninig to civilization...MAY...Great thread BTW, OP.

Last edited:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
We need a CPF meeting location for the survivors. I would vote for my hideout but my fiance would probably leave when all the flashlights and their owners showed up.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I'm starting to feel like creating an apocalypse..

2012? I'll be here in 2013 mark my word..
:naughty: Got the AR, the AK, and Mini-30 ready. Oh and this sweet little Beretta Storm carbine in .40, very very handy. There's the Browning stainless 30.06 coming along and a half dozen or so pistols too. WAIT, can't for get the 2 12ga. Mossbergs!

All the ammo cans are heavy but I'll be glad to have them! Now where are we all meeting up!?

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, I'd start with the four basic needs for survival:heat, shelter, water, and food (in that order). Heat means a way to stay warm and do cooking. A decent stove and plenty of fuel is essential. Maybe a portable heater as well for the cold months with plenty of fuel. Next, a shelter. This may mean building or finding a bomb shelter. Depending on the disaster, a tent, cave, or cabin in the woods might work. Then food. At least a month's worth, along with a plot of land and seeds and livestock for growing more food. Then water. That's the hard one unless you have land with a good well. For any disaster, I'd say at least a week's worth of water for every person in the household. Have a method of purifying future water when your supply runs low. A good water filter and chloride or chlorine dioxide tablets will work. You may have to go find more water later. If there is a nuclear disaster, don't boil the water to purify it. That will concentrate the radiation.

Next, I'd get spare gas and a full tank of gas for all vehicles. Make sure all vehicles are in working order. Get some spare tires, jumper cables, tire plugs, first aid kit, flashlight, multitool, tool kit, and the most replaced car parts (fuses, bulbs, belts) and keep these items in the trunk. I'd get guns and ammo to protect my family and my stash of supplies. If things get bad, someone will try to steal from you, possibly at gun or knife point.

Then you need a bug out location, a safe place to go if your home is no longer safe or doesn't have the infrastructure you need to survive. You need a bug out bag as well. This is a backpack filled with emergency supplies in case something happens away from your home, your bug out location, and possibly your car (your car breaking down may be the emergency). One should be kept at home, in the car, and at work unless you get accustomed to taking one everywhere with you. A bug out bag should have a way to cook food (stove, pot, matches, magnesium block, Ultimate Survival Blastmatch), disposable handwarmers, a change of clothes, a jacket, an emergency shelter (tube tent, bivy sack, or tent), a day's supply of water (1 gallon), food, knife, multitool, headlight, flashlight, spare batteries, AM/FM/weather radio, a couple or more long range walkie talkies with spare batteries, small first aid kit (including sunblock, bug repellent, Sawyer's Snake Bite Kit, moleskin, chapstick, Sam's Splint, potasium iodide tablets), candles (firestarter and backup for flashlight if there's an EMP blast), and maybe a gun and spare ammo (some places may prohibit this). Make sure the bag is light enough to carry.

Once you've done this, start stockpiling lights, batteries, guns, ammo, knives, multitools, food, water, gas, and camping supplies. In an emergency, you can trade spare supplies for what you have too much of. Learn how to survive by going camping and backpacking. Learn what you can live with and without. Take your family on these trips so they can learn as well. They will be less freaked out during an apocalypse if you taught them how to survive first. Have board games or cards to keep children's minds occupied. Practice hunting and target shooting. Take self defense classes. Get all the knowledge you think you need to survive under any circumstances and get your family involved as well.

Last edited:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that was really in depth. To be really honest, if it was anything more than zombies I would just wing it until the end. Maybe I'll get lucky and be one of the people in the movies that lucks out.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
EXACTLY! :party: When's the party start anyway?

When you start seeing signs like this...

zombiesd.jpg

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
zombies , oh i think i would have to raid knights of columbus for the chainmail armor and be biteproof :grin2: