Zebralight H60 running belt

gooseman

Newly Enlightened
I use this setup on occasion for night-time trail running. I prefer the Zebralight to be waist-level, which I think gives better illumination of the trail. While this does not completely eliminate bobbing, it helps enough for me. YMMV.

The REI Fast-Tab 6-slot plastic lash-point helps minimize bobbing. The Zoot Race Day 1" Belt fits everything well, although it works best for waists less than 33". I like the Zoot belt because it is elastic, and very thin so a fanny pack can go right over it without much notice.

All the parts (exept for scrunchie) are easily available at REI for less than $10.

ZohD6.jpg

This is how the strap goes through the slots:
Xctqb.jpg

Pull in the center of gravity with a rubber band or thick scrunchie:
ny1yT.jpg

You can remove the Zebralight GIT mount to improve the center of gravity even more, but that puts the light right up against the plastic.

I hope someone finds this useful.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good idea! I attach the H501 to my dress or everyday belt with an elastic band. Posted pictures a couple weeks ago in the H501 thread. Using the light in a low position has many benefits.

1. You don't have to wear a headband. Trust me. Sometimes you don't want to wear a headband.

2. Having the light away from the eyes eliminates glares.

3. Having the light at a low position bother other people less.

4. You can turn and talk to people and look them in eyes without having to turn off the light or have them stare at the light on your head.

Last edited: