PEAK
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Its official. I'm a C2-HA addict..... *part 2*

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Its official. I'm a C2-HA addict..... *part 2*

My Centurion sporting a P61 LA now stands guard over my backpack. I swapped the long clip for a short one with a lanyard attached to it. I holster it in a Maxexpedition 5" holster. It is a very snug fit with the lanyard. I like it that way as I know it will not fall out if the flap becomes un-dogged. I will have to be careful not to drop it when taking it out. I have a full SC1 w/P60L in a Lowpro camera pouch so I can belt carry the entire kit.

Its beautiful!
    Last edited by kelmo; 11-11-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Last edited by ElectronGuru; 01-23-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Awesome. I decided to get another E2DL this time, but I still love both the C2 and C3-HAs' ...
    FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART.

Flashaholic*

Will the LX2 clip fit on the C2 with any modifications?

That would be great. A nice bezel down clip would be nice.

It will fit without any mods needed. It also looks great on the E series lights.

Flashaholic*

Yes!

It's official. I'm going to be a C2-HA addict!
    In fact I hope this will be the one flashlight I use and the only flashlight I'll have for a good few years.
    Time to start saving.

Heh, heh... I still can't decide what light I want to get next but the C2-HA's are always top of the list. Just gotta find the right drop in for them.....I've been going through some "flashlight upheaval" lately but when the dust settles there just might be another one sitting there.....
    FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART.

Flashaholic*

Courtesy of Surefired

What I've been looking for forever.

Why don't more people do this? The C2 clip must be superb!

Here's more pics.
    Last edited by sfca; 01-04-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Link

All these nice C2s... Hopefully will be joining the rank of the C2 elitists soon.
    Brian C
    I am afraid of the dark

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by brianch View Post
    All these nice C2s... Hopefully will be joining the rank of the C2 elitists soon.
    Betcha you won't buy just one! Everyone needs a C2 & C3!

Ok...You got me intrigued. I am presently a Olght M20 Warrior/Fenix P2D/Streamlight Stinger Person. But this thread has me intrigued...Somebody school me on these lights..

Quote Originally Posted by DaFABRICATA View Post
    I had to keep at least one C2 styled light!....Heck!, It's by far my favorite C/P/D series type light! Mine is running a D26 socket/reflector with a 1794 bulb and AW brand IMR 16430's with an AW soft-start switch...COOL!...and a blue tritium vial in the recessed area where the grip ring goes.

Tempest, I will update the collection thread sometime this week...
    It INSANE how many Surefire I've gone through!!

I'll post a before and after shot to show just how few I have left....do Surefire Compatible parts count?
    I must admit, I've enjoyed have them all and been VERY fortunate to have had such an extensive collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhotondm View Post
    All this talk about the C2 I had to order one also. I got the gray/black version that electronguru sells. I will likely drop in a nailbender or malkoff running an 18650. I cant wait till it gets here.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheWeepingMoon View Post
    AFAIK, Borofloat and Pyrex are just different trademarks for the same thing: borosilicate glass. Borofloat is made by Schott and Pyrex is made by Corning.
    Ok..You all really got me wanting to buy a C2..and of course customize the crap out of it...I'd like to run my 18650's or CR123's in it...

Hey Defabricata..what the hell is a D26 socket/reflector with a 1794 bulb and AW brand IMR 16430's with an AW soft-start switch?! Sounds like something the Terminator said in a movie..

Looking to add a cell to my c2 so I don't need to buy a c3 then I could run some 9 volt high intensity incans via lumens factory. Will an a19 from surefire fit on the c2 or how about the lumens factory ex-r any advice is appreciated

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower419 View Post
    Looking to add a cell to my c2 so I don't need to buy a c3 then I could run some 9 volt high intensity incans via lumens factory. Will an a19 from surefire fit on the c2 or how about the lumens factory ex-r any advice is appreciated
    The A19 would go right on with no issues. I prefer the C3 since I can swap in a M60 and AA batteries in a pinch or emergency.

I just broke the clip on my C2. I had just slipped the light into my pocket, when it snapped off near the top (where it bends) and fell into my hand. I wasn't expecting that to happen.

Fortunately the light just fell into my pocket and not onto the concrete! I wish this had happened before I called SureFire and got a long clip for my L4.. I really don't feel like calling them back and asking for yet another pocket clip...

It would of been better for it too fall on the concrete... some love marks are always nice

It is unfortunate that you had such bad timing with the clips breaking however

^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

Quote Originally Posted by jp2515 View Post
    The A19 would go right on with no issues. I prefer the C3 since I can swap in a M60 and AA batteries in a pinch or emergency.
    Ooooooo... I Didn't realize that was a possibility... So you add the a19 to the c3? Then the aa's fit?

Ooooooo... I Didn't realize that was a possibility... So you add the a19 to the c3? Then the aa's fit?
    The A19 goes onto the C2 making it a 3 cell "C2". Then you can use AA's on your C2 w/ A19 or a stock C3...make sense???

AA's are the same length as 18500's, two of either fit in a C3/9P tube. An A19 will turn a C2 into a C3 (length wise). An A19 added to a C3/9P is enough for 4x cells, or 2x18650's (when bored).

BTW, an A14 added to a C3/9P is enough for 3x18500 or 3xAA's.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    AA's are the same length as 18500's, two of either fit in a C3/9P tube. An A19 will turn a C2 into a C3 (length wise). An A19 added to a C3/9P is enough for 4x cells, or 2x18650's (when bored).

BTW, an A14 added to a C3/9P is enough for 3x18500 or 3xAA's.
    Nice info on the A14/3AA's...now I have another project to work on! Thanks EG! I think running a P60L with 3 AA Lithiums will do rather nicely...do the AA's hold up well ( I know the 2A do ok) in the longer body? Or do they lose contact alot without "packing" around the cells?

Quote Originally Posted by angelofwar View Post
    I think running a P60L with 3 AA Lithiums will do rather nicely...do the AA's hold up well ( I know the 2A do ok) in the longer body? Or do they lose contact alot without "packing" around the cells?
    Putting an unbored A14 on an unbored C3, and using AA eneloops, 3 cells with the extender rattle more then 2 cells without. Even with the aggressive spring on the Z59, there is not enough tension to keep that much length under control without some kind of aid. It still runs, but shaken back and forth, the cells rattle. A better way to go for a dedicated application would be finding an 18500 sized NiMH.

BTW, output to an M30 looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by DimeRazorback View Post
    It would of been better for it too fall on the concrete... some love marks are always nice

It is unfortunate that you had such bad timing with the clips breaking however
    Love marks??!! Parish the thought...

a recent acquisition...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. LED View Post
    You need a SS bezel ring.

It makes the Surefire C head go from easy to dent with a proper angle drop to needing a hammer to deform it.
    After all I've done I now won't have any C head Surefire without a flat SS bezel ring installed.
    At least give a thought to trying one out.

Can you point me in the direction of some stainless steel bezels, preferably with no (or minimal) teeth? I looked around but didn't have much luck. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckhunterInTN View Post
    Can you point me in the direction of some stainless steel bezels, preferably with no (or minimal) teeth? I looked around but didn't have much luck. Thanks!
    Do you mean SS bezel ring? If so, maybe these: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=210881

Or these: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=206883
    Last edited by AFAustin; 01-12-2010 at 08:05 AM.
    You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, "My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!" (Dave Barry)

So anyone know where to find an a19(unbored)? I know that the ha a19 is rare as hens teeth, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I would settle for black too I know they are sparse, but any sources are much appreciated.

How come tnc and surefire stopped making them?

Perhaps there are enough of us to rally and convince them to make some?

So anyone know where to find an a19(unbored)? I know that the ha a19 is rare as hens teeth, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I would settle for black too I know they are sparse, but any sources are much appreciated.

How come tnc and surefire stopped making them?

Perhaps there are enough of us to rally and convince them to make some?
    You'll definitely have to get one from one of the online carriers...some of them stocked some and still have them, others get them from Surefire...they'll sale them to authorized dealers. Try B & H Photo, Optics Planet, LPS Tactical, or Optics HQ are a few. I actually ordered an A20 (9P to 6R adapter), and came to find out, it was the last one they had in stock...if you think A19's are hard to come by, try getting one of these! Hope this helps, BTW.
    Last edited by angelofwar; 01-12-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks for the tip!

Anyone running a turbo head on their set up? Any experience with any of lumens factory bulbs in a turbo head?

Flashaholic*

Thanks for the tip!

Anyone running a turbo head on their set up? Any experience with any of lumens factory bulbs in a turbo head?
    I got a KT-1 on my C3 running a MN15 on primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Putting an unbored A14 on an unbored C3, and using AA eneloops, 3 cells with the extender rattle more then 2 cells without. Even with the aggressive spring on the Z59, there is not enough tension to keep that much length under control without some kind of aid. It still runs, but shaken back and forth, the cells rattle. A better way to go for a dedicated application would be finding an 18500 sized NiMH.

BTW, output to an M30 looks good!
    Battery magazine?

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast