• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti "C" pak for PD's and LunaSols

McGizmo

Flashaholic
3-27-14 : As of now, these are all gone and not to be made again.

Hi guys,

I had a recent mis communication with the machine shop and as a result, I received a run of titanium paks that weren't what I had intended. I was seeking another batch of clickie paks used with the Haiku and SunDrop heads.

I did one batch of an "experimental" clickie pak for the PD style lights a couple years ago and what I received was an updated version of these.

Below are a couple shots of this "C" pak next to a PD pak:

PDandC-Paks-1.jpg

PDandC-Paks-2.jpg

This "C" pak is about 1/2" longer than the PD pak which for some can provide a better grip. It is a clickie pak so you have momentary or latched on of the level previously selected by the head's position on the pak. You can also achieve a lock out position which has its advantages but not without possible confusion. To my knowledge, these titanium C paks will serve as host for any of the PD or LunaSol heads (aluminum or titanium)

These paks have some advantages over the PD paks as well as disadvantages. Different UI and different strokes, as it were. :)

Below are a couple example shots of different heads on these paks:

Group-1.jpg

Group-2.jpg

There is an Al PD head, LunaSol 20, LunaSol 27 and Arc 6 Head being hosted in the images.

I inadvertently sold all of the original "C" paks so I am glad I now have a couple I can keep for alternatives and bench testing but I certainly don't need all of these!! :green:

Perhaps this mistake can add some new alternatives or options to some of you. :eek:

I am offering these for $170 plus shipping*

These C-Paks are available on first come first serve basis; as determined by e-mail orders I receive which are clear, concise and include the must have information:

In the subject line of the E-mail please state: C-Pak
Your CPF name
(if you have one)
Your real name and mailing address
phone number if international shipment
Any exceptions to standard shipping, which is priority mail.
If the shipment is domestic and you want insurance, please so state. (No insurance offered on international shipments)*

For my general info on how I process these offerings, please refer to THIS THREAD. For more information on the Haiku, please review THIS THREAD.

Thanks guys! :bow:

* shipping is via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation or Global Priority mail. If you wish shipping via an alternative method, or signature confirmation or insurance on domestic shipments only, please specify in your e-mail order.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Your littel miscommunication will make some folks quite happy, I think :D
Those C-Packs were quite rare and interesting since thes do offer an alternative UI and size for a lot of your lights.
bernie

scout24

Flashaholic
E-mail sent! Paypal ready. I look forward to using this on my LS27, the longer length should make for a very nice grip. I like the idea of being able to "preselect" the high level for situations where it may be preferable. Or just have low, and not inadvertently engage high. Good stuff Don! thank you. :wave:

scout24

Flashaholic
:paypal: I am thinking this will also make the Ti mule head easier to use without blocking the end of the light with my fingers! Thanks again, Don.

Russki

Enlightened
I will take one.
It would be nice addition to my PD collection.:twothumbs
Thanks Don.

fyrstormer

Banned
Oh good, your machine shop got my email.

Unfortunately, I just dropped $445 on a new Haiku. However, if you're really trying to get rid of them, I'll keep some in my closet for you and send them out when you get orders for them.

How many did you receive? Are we talking a handful or a pallet?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
Many of you received postage notification in the last couple hours and your packages have today's date on them but they won't be leaving the island until tomorrow. Thanks!

coloradogps,
No e-mail from you?!?

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, a LS-27C would make up one of my "perfect" lights. Selling any spare LS27 heads in the future?

Or LS20s, I'm not picky. :p

StrayLight

Enlightened
I've often wished the C-Paks had the updated chamfered tail of the newer 1x123 and 2x123 E-series Ti bodies. Thought we'd seen the end of the McLuxIII line, and now this. Your machine shop needs to screw up more often.

Email sent.

fyrstormer

Banned
Why do you prefer the chamfered tailcap over the hollow tailcap? The hollow one seems to offer better clearance for large fingers.

EDIT: In other news, I keep looking at the Arc6 head on the right in this picture.

Group-1.jpg

It looks right sharp on that Clicky Pak.

Last edited:

StrayLight

Enlightened
Why do you prefer the chamfered tailcap over the hollow tailcap? The hollow one seems to offer better clearance for large fingers.

Equal parts comfort and aesthetics. I don't think clearance is an issue, even with large fingers, given the distance needed to engage the McClicky switch. Having owned both designs (and I would hazard a guess that this new McLuxIII C-Pak has an identical tail/switch to the Ti E-series clicky bodies) I think the chamfered tail naturally guides one's thumb to better engage the switch along its axis of motion. Off-axis contact with the switch, and the perceived lateral play that caused, is why I added an aftermarket tailguard to my SF U2. I think the same applies here.