Where/How do I get my Zebralight repaired?

jaundice

Enlightened
My zebralight H30 stopped working. It's clearly an out-of-warranty situation. My 2 year old daughter found the light and put it in her mouth, probably for a good bit of time before my wife discovered it. The babyspit completely soaked the switch area, initially causing it to cycle through the light levels. I took off the switch boot and let it dry out. Now, it won't turn on at all.

The zebralight warranty specifically warrants against all defect of workmanship or materials for one year in normal use. This falls out of the "normal use" part.

So, is there anyone/where who can fix this for me? Or I am out of luck?

Thanks,

-John

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
You could try getting some distilled water or alcohol and flush out the switch area thoroughly. That may help. Or perhaps Zebralight can repair the unit for a fee.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
The zebralight warranty specifically warrants against all defect of workmanship or materials for one year in normal use. This falls out of the "normal use" part.
Screw that, the light's supposed to be waterproof. If it's not, that's a defect in workmanship or materials. Tell them to fix it.

jaundice

Enlightened
All's well that ends well. I did email Zebralight, and told them straight up what happened, and they gave me an RMA number and told me to send it for repair or replacement. A definite :thumbsup: for Zebralight service!

Owen;

While I see your point, more than "water" got into the switch. My daughter chewed on the rubber boot and basically forced saliva into the switch area. I see your point, but I also feel that it's a bit above an beyond the scope of normal use. Regardless, Zebralight stepped up, and I've very happy about that.

-John

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Way back when the H50 first came out I got a bum unit. Zebralight replaced it no questions asked. Of course, it did take about a month for the turnaround.

Geoff

Mikellen

Enlightened
I think Zebralight has a location in Texas now.
If you haven't already you should check to see if you can send it there rather than China.

lebox97

Enlightened
are you in USA?

if so the RMA info should have included an address just outside of Dallas Texas...
turnaround time as far as I know, and my experience has been about a week - then again perhaps that is for a like-for-like swap, not a repair?

:thumbsup:

jaundice

Enlightened
Yes, I'm in the US, and the service center is in Texas. It shouldn't be too long, plus shipping won't break the bank, either.

-John

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Owen;

While I see your point, more than "water" got into the switch. My daughter chewed on the rubber boot and basically forced saliva into the switch area. I see your point, but I also feel that it's a bit above an beyond the scope of normal use. Regardless, Zebralight stepped up, and I've very happy about that.

-John
Ah. You're right, I don't think they warrant it as "chew-proof"!
I haven't had to use ZL's warranty, but I've dealt with them directly a couple of times, and their service and attitude toward the customer was exemplary. Not surprised they "stepped up", and am glad they're taking care of you.