surefire bike mount

swampwise

Newly Enlightened
for those of us who are surefire fans...
i stumbled upon a good way to mount any standard surefire to the handlebars of any standard bike. walmart sells a $17 bike light which actually sucks. i mounted the light and soon found that it was terrible, so i took the light out, and lo and behold, any of my surefires fit right in. it just so happens that the diameter of the plastic bracket is exactly that of the head of my e2DL, e1B, or e1L. below is the link to the walmart light.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11065114

p.s.- the first spill i took knocked the bracket loose. the ratchet device that held the strap in place came loose, but it was nothing a little j.b. weld wouldnt fix. :twothumbs

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
holders that can not be moved sideways are useless
;)

ayv2m3ij914er12tm.jpg

CGD08

Newly Enlightened

tacticaltony

Newly Enlightened
hey happy late 4th of july. im new to bicycling and i got my mind set on using a surefire to light my path. all i have is a e2dl. i keep it at home though. so what is a good light to use? right now they got that deal 30% off the e1b backup, and the outdoorsman. and maby i should buy the rechargeable batterys, because its going to be used about an hour for 5 days a week or so. please help me. thanks in advance, i dont know where to find mounts that are as dependable as surefires. cuz i dont wana chance the light falling when im smashing

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
so what is a good light to use?
one that can run on rechargeable batts, 1*18650 Li-Ion preferred (best size)

the holders linked here are ok,
just add a thick rubber band as safety (at front over light body, "through" under bars and again over the body at the end)

PS: so far I still have not seen anything that works better than the homemade holder I showed above
(and I have seen, ordered and used quite a number)