Just got Ultrafire WF-500, what upgrades can I make to it?

lcluvinlife

Newly Enlightened
Just got this flashlight and wow does it light up the night! Anyway to upgrade this light to crank out a little more? it comes with 1 spacer, could I get another spacer, put an extra battery, change the bulb and make it brighter? if not what other upgrades can I do to it?
Thanks!

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got this flashlight and wow does it light up the night! Anyway to upgrade this light to crank out a little more? it comes with 1 spacer, could I get another spacer, put an extra battery, change the bulb and make it brighter? if not what other upgrades can I do to it?
Thanks!
Get two AW 2600 mAh Li-Ion batteries and a Lumens Factory HO-R5 Lamp Assembly.

http://www.lighthound.com/AW-18650-...able-Lithium-Battery--New-Version_p_3125.html

http://www.lighthound.com/Lumens-Fa...amp-Assembly-for-Ultrafire-WF-500_p_1029.html

Have fun!

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many amps does that Lumens Factory bulb draw?

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great... this is the kind of thread that causes me to go out an uncontrollably purchase yet another flashlight :whistle:

Congrat's to the OP on thier entry into the realm of high output flashlights! :thumbsup:

gallagho

Enlightened
This combo is very good value for money, the torch itself can require a bit of TLC (strip down, lube etc) when it arrives, but then it rocks...

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much brighter is that bulb than the stock bulb? Does it have more throw?

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will those 18650's work in the WF-500? They don't look like they have the button top. I know I got some LG's that were flat top and they didn't work in mine.

Since the 2600 batteries work in series and make contact nicely, the problem would be the torch!

But, the WF500 bulb and tailcap have springs to make right contact with batteries.

Jay611j

Enlightened
Since the 2600 batteries work in series and make contact nicely, the problem would be the torch!

But, the WF500 bulb and tailcap have springs to make right contact with batteries.
The tailcap does have a spring, but the head does not. The bulb makes contact to the battery tube not the battery itself. When I take the batteries out and look down the tube towards the head, all I see is round flat contact. Is my WF-500 different than other ones?

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tailcap does have a spring, but the head does not. The bulb makes contact to the battery tube not the battery itself. When I take the batteries out and look down the tube towards the head, all I see is round flat contact. Is my WF-500 different than other ones?

This is wrong! Maybe not your wf500, but its bulb.
The WF500 bulb must have two springs, one that makes contact with the battery tube and other, at center of the lamp assembly, with the batteries itself.

What bulb are you using?

This is the stock bulb of WF-500:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3144

As you can see, it has two springs.

Jay611j

Enlightened
This is wrong! Maybe not your wf500, but its bulb.
The WF500 bulb must have two springs, one that makes contact with the battery tube and other, at center of the lamp assembly, with the batteries itself.

What bulb are you using?

This is the stock bulb of WF-500:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3144

As you can see, it has two springs.

Yes, that is exactly the same bulb. My WF-500 is completely stock with no modifications and will only work with button top 18650's. There must be different WF-500's where the bulb spring makes contact with the battery itself. See the end of the battery tube in the picture? This is what mine looks like.
ultrafire-1.jpg