Carrillo Knives?

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found out about these awhile ago- Any info and thoughts would be appreciated. I think I need one but would like to know more. Thanks!

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Les, Thanks for the website, I found it shortly after I posted this! Nice site- Looks like I missed some available knives- Maybe I'll see some at the NYCKS.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I'd like one of those, too. They have wicked looking fixed blades. The folders are da bomb, too.
But :broke:
bernie

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've wanted a Carrillo for years!
I finally scored one in the marketplace a few months ago!:naughty:
Absolutely my favorite knife.

Kimber Custom Crimson Carry II
Carrillo Tripwire #7
Spy 007

002-55.jpg

011-35.jpg

taloong

Newly Enlightened
Not saying they are not worth every penny but,:eeksign:$1,200 for a folder! Holy crap. That is if you can find one. Is he still in business? He hasn't had anything in stock for a few months now.

He is without a doubt my favorite designer though. I will need to make 500k to afford some of his knives and not feel like committing sepuko if I lose one.

strideredc

Enlightened
i have always wanted one, i came very close last year...

i have just gone an lashed out $575 on a dauntless strider, for $600-700 i could have got an airkat! whey didn't i think of that at the time:oops:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
A #7 Tripwire like DeFab's just got posted on bladeforums.com under custom for sale.
Did not see any Carillo's at the NYCKS! :eek: When his present batch gets delivered he will be posting more for sale on his website- I'd keep checking it. Good luck!

ShortArc

Enlightened
Where's the place to look for one? On the website they are always sold out.

Bernie,
Just email Dwaine Carrillo ([email protected]). He is a really nice guy. At the moment he is finishing up a batch of Tripwire II and Tunnel Ratts. They are approx. $750 and $950 for a damascus blade. + Shipping. If the current batch is sold out (which I think it is), get in line for the next batch (a few months) and you will be all set. Demand is high enough that resale should not be a big problem, though I doubt you will.
Cheers,
Willem.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, 2 days ago there were 6 available on his site. Went to order one tonight and their gone! He who hesitates is lost, they say.:sick2: