Missing that incan goodness - do I just buy an A2?

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all - well I have been A2 aviatorless for a while now - around 6 months - and, I miss it :(

I didnt think that I would miss an incan but while up in the country with the haze and fog it really did make a difference - it is a prime example of having the right tool for the right job.

With that said, the only quality incan I ever owned was my red A2 with strion socket mod and I did love it, however, I am wondering if you guys think that there is another worthy competitor to try instead that would be in the same price range (under $150) and that runs on cheap bulbs as my A2 with strion did.

So should I just stick with another modded A2 or try something else?

Should I just use a P90 in my 9P?

Last edited:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
While you can't outright replace an A2 (per say) one of Fivemega's focusable D26 drop in modules would allow you to return to a strion bulb modded incandescent flashlight, seeing as you seem to already have a SF9P perhaps like you say a P90 drop in would be the easiest solution :thumbsup:

You know you want another A2 though! :p

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
While you can't outright replace an A2 (per say) one of Fivemega's focusable D26 drop in modules would allow you to return to a strion bulb modded incandescent flashlight, seeing as you seem to already have a SF9P perhaps like you say a P90 drop in would be the easiest solution :thumbsup:

You know you want another A2 though! :p

Thanks for the advice and time research the FM D26 - sounds like it might work! I admittedly really know nothing when it comes to incans except that I love the color temp and they eat batteries ;)

I do want another A2 though - the UI is my favorite...

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
The P90 on 2 17500's or 18500's is pretty nice and you get away plenty cheaper. :shrug:

Of course my A2 is nice too!

MaxStatic

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up three A2's, all at closeout prices. Well, I guess I should say that my dad picked up three A2's and is giving me one. :crackup:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all - well I have been A2 aviatorless for a while now - around 6 months - and, I miss it :(

I didnt think that I would miss an incan but while up in the country with the haze and fog it really did make a difference - it is a prime example of having the right tool for the right job.

With that said, the only quality incan I ever owned was my red A2 with strion socket mod and I did love it, however, I am wondering if you guys think that there is another worthy competitor to try instead that would be in the same price range (under $150) and that runs on cheap bulbs as my A2 with strion did.

So should I just stick with another modded A2 or try something else?

Should I just use a P90 in my 9P?
Get a 2x18500 Leef Body for your 9P, it will give you plenty of upgrading opportunities.
--->> http://www.lighthound.com/LeefBody-...ry-or-3x123-Battery-HA-III-Natural_p_920.html

And of course, you should definitely buy a new A2!

Illum

Flashaholic
the A2 has its place, but it certainly isn't for those occasional xenon rushes
NotRegulated's idea sounds ideal, for one thing its rechargeable...a couple "rushes" and "highs" and you'll save yourself alot of cells down the road. :D

For me... well, I can always drag the M6 back out with the WA1185 lamp in it:D

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a 2x18500 Leef Body for your 9P, it will give you plenty of upgrading opportunities.
--->> http://www.lighthound.com/LeefBody-...ry-or-3x123-Battery-HA-III-Natural_p_920.html

And of course, you should definitely buy a new A2!

Hi OF - thanks for the suggestion. Have one of those already and use it as an HAIII 9P :devil:

I also have a bunch of AW IMR 16340s and IMR 18650s (but no 18500) - it seem like the only thing I am missing is a good lamp but the D26 modules like perfect... Going to take a look at them tonight when I get home...

Have a rec on another incan lamp for this setup?

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
the A2 has its place, but it certainly isn't for those occasional xenon rushes
NotRegulated's idea sounds ideal, for one thing its rechargeable...a couple "rushes" and "highs" and you'll save yourself alot of cells down the road. :D

For me... well, I can always drag the M6 back out with the WA1185 lamp in it:D

It does sound perfect - I think I would need no more than 25 mins of output at a time for this light and with the two IMR 16340s it sounds like I'd be set...