• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

eiger advise

hogger

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to purchase 2 eigers. one is for camping, putting tent up in the dark etc. The other would be for general edc (in door and out). I need seasoned peak users advise on what combo's would fill the needs.:thinking:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
5-6 power medium profile perhaps going wide on the camp area light?
Switch between li-ion and lithium primary AAA based on your output and runtime needs.

Just my rough guess but how many lumens do you usually like for tent set-up?

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
maby 40-50, mainly a nice wall of light

Then you should love the medium emitter- nice smoooth wall of light- no noticible hot spots rings or artifacts in mine. Guessing you might want the #4 or #6 depending on what cell you intend to run it the most...the Li-Ion makes the Eiger far brighter than primary Alk, NiMh etc. The #8 is supposed to be approx. 100 lumens with the Li-Ion rechargable 10440.
Gets a little Warm though (will be nice this winter) on even 30-40 seconds uses- and unless you a really good- it will take you far longer to set up a tent:rolleyes:.

hogger

Newly Enlightened
I was not planning to use Li-ion, just taking the simple route for now.

hogger

Newly Enlightened
I guess the best option would be to go with one body and two heads with 2 different powers and color emiters. camp head and edc head. I'm working on a budget.:sick2:

post tenebras

Enlightened
There's only $10 difference between purchasing one body with two heads or two complete eigers.

Buy two! :twothumbs It's more convenient and you can get two different body styles.