• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Eiger Tail End and some questions

alex in germany

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

i was looking at the Peak Website to order a Eiger, but im a bit confused about the Tail ends.

I can get Pocket Style, witch is a plain Tail as far as i understand.
Lug Style is like the ARC AAA
But what is Key Chain? Same as Lug Style?
Can someone post pictures?

Comes the Stailess Steel version with a knurling, or plain?

Witch beam will be close to the beam of a Snow white 5mm Led? I was going to order the medium Beam to have good spot and spill.

Has someone done a Runtime test with the 10280 on Level 1 or 2?

best regards, Alex

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is an accurate diagram of the keychain style in this sticky:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/212589

The keychain style is quite ingenious in that it has a small machined hex-head bolt that accepts inserts to serve either of two purposes (whichever you prefer): (a) it is threaded to hold a negative battery contact on the inside, and also threaded to hold a keychain post on the outside; or (b) you can insert a momentary switch instead.

The last time I checked, the only available stainless versions in AAA were all smooth, but I think there were some knurled stainless bodies available in 10180 and 10280 sizes.

In terms of tint, the Cool will be closest to the 5mm Snow. And the beam pattern of the Medium has a very generous spot with a broad spill. It's beautiful.
There may be some 10280 runtimes posted in another thread.

alex in germany

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much, i should have searched the stickys myself. :oops:

I send a message to Peak to order the momentary Switch and the magnetc clamp. Hopefully this stuff is available.

best regards, Alex

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to semi hijack, but what size is the lug hole? I'm wanting to get the lug body so I can put it on a carabiner. Thanks.

fyrstormer

Banned
It's tiny. You'll need a ring to connect it to the carabiner.

Personally I'd either get the pocket body or the keychain body, because the pocket body is the lightest and the keychain is the most flexible. The lug body is only good if you're absolutely sure it will always be on your keychain and you'll never want to stand it on-end like a candle.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's tiny. You'll need a ring to connect it to the carabiner.

Personally I'd either get the pocket body or the keychain body, because the pocket body is the lightest and the keychain is the most flexible. The lug body is only good if you're absolutely sure it will always be on your keychain and you'll never want to stand it on-end like a candle.

Rats! I wanted the lug for putting a 'biner through, like that one Kaidomain buckle light. I might still get it, I don't really like the keychain body and the pocket doesn't have any hole for a lanyard. Thanks.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Rats! I wanted the lug for putting a 'biner through, like that one Kaidomain buckle light. I might still get it, I don't really like the keychain body and the pocket doesn't have any hole for a lanyard. Thanks.
You can just get the lug body and put a larger split ring through the lug that will accommodate a caribiner.

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can just get the lug body and put a larger split ring through the lug that will accommodate a caribeaner.

I know, but I wanted it directly through the hole so when I have it clipped to my belt loop I can twist the head without holding the body or needing to twist more because of a split ring.

tnuckels

Enlightened
Depends on what size carabineer you are using. A real climbing carabineer won't work, but one of those small ones like they use on school backpacks might. Also, you might be interested in one of THESE as an alternative.

I measure the hole in the lug of my SS Matterhorn at .150" or 5/32" or 3.80mm.

MWClint

Enlightened
i use those niteize s-biners alot..my eiger rides on one using a nitecore lanyard+split ring assembly, but you need to cut a notch into each niteize biner leg, so that the clips sit flush with the S-frame. Or else they open up very easily.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I measure the hole in the lug of my SS Matterhorn at .150" or 5/32" or 3.80mm.

Thanks! Yeah I just plan on using those smaller ones, I'm going to start doing some searching to see if I can find a higher quality small carabiner.

tnuckels

Enlightened
Sure, no problem. Nice thing about the NiteIze clips is you put them on & take them off without opening the gate on what you're carrying = less chance of it falling off. Also, no sharp notches in the gate or body to hang on your belt loop.

Here's a good source for CLIPS, or search for "McGizmo Clips" to find other vendors that tend to offer similar quality items.

Good Luck!

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found some 3mm quick links at Wally World, hopefully I will be able to fit the lug into the opening. Thanks guys.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that quick link didn't end up fitting, but I found that a #2 Nite Ize S-biner fits perfectly.