Accessorized my M6 (pics)

Snow

Enlightened
So I finally picked up a holster for my M6. I got the Spec Ops model. It fits very well and the quality is readily apparent when you look at it. I think it'll do a great job of protecting my M6 when it's not in use.

P1011337.jpg

P1011335.jpg

I also happened to stop by my local Cabela's the other day and they had one FM25 filter left that was a display model missing the box. I got it for $15. I don't really have a use for it, but at that price I had to check it out. It's pretty sweet. I'll have to get some night beamshots, but it's impressive in person.

P1011338.jpg

P1011339.jpg

P1011340.jpg

P1011344.jpg

knightrider

Enlightened
That red filter looks like it's on fire! I bet the red beam looks really cool in use, never seen a red filtered light pumping out so many lumens! Would love to see a beam shot outdoors, etc.

Very cool! :cool:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
You really ought to use the Z51 lanyard ring on your M6
The way you have you lanyard secured in the photo looks really
unsecure :)

Snow

Enlightened
You really ought to use the Z51 lanyard ring on your M6
The way you have you lanyard secured in the photo looks really
unsecure :)

Nah, I have had too many of the stock SureFire lanyards fail to use one on my M6. The little clip always twists its way out of the ring. The way I have mine set up, the cord is jammed tightly into the grooves on the light. It's not going anywhere.

BSBG

Enlightened
The lanyard around the base o' the bezel works great, especially with the Spec Ops holster. I use it on all of mine.

The FM series filters and covers are a marvel of over-engineering, then again so is the M6 :).

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, I have had too many of the stock SureFire lanyards fail to use one on my M6. The little clip always twists its way out of the ring. The way I have mine set up, the cord is jammed tightly into the grooves on the light. It's not going anywhere.

Fair enough :)
I have not had any problems with my one (yet :D) but I use two split rings
between the clip and the lanyard ring. I think it gives it extra room to twist
without the clip coming loose unexpectedly.

DSC01738.jpg

Just my 2 cents :)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Nice lanyard mod tx101. It's amazing how easily the snap can come off the stock ring when you know the sequence. Once I learned how easily it popped off after another member dropped his M6 on concrete, I removed all of mine. Your solution would do nicely though.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I finally picked up a holster for my M6. I got the Spec Ops model. It fits very well and the quality is readily apparent when you look at it. I think it'll do a great job of protecting my M6 when it's not in use.

P1011337.jpg

I really like the holster! If it is okay to ask, where would I find one of these?

Thanks,
Robert

alantch

Enlightened
These holsters also fit FM's Megalennium body nicely and are made by John Willis. Google for "john willis soe gear" and you should be able to find his website.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found it...thanks alantch! Is the nylon material rather stiff like on SF's holsters or is it a bit more flexible?

-Robert

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have the same setup but in black. I simply directly thread the lanyard through the ring. If you move the cord locks to the end you can coil the lanyard around the light and tuck the cord locks into the holster cap just below the bezel.

musicamaker13

Newly Enlightened

To solve this problem, I have just gotten rid of clips on my surefire lights. But I still wanted to use the surefire lanyard rings, so I just attack the "string" using an split ring and nothing else (essentially, the stock surefire lanyard without the clip and attached by the ring.)