Looking for something new

Iron Man

Newly Enlightened
Greetings all,

Its time for a new Light.

I have been out of the loop on flashlights and whats new for a few months now. I no longer have the net and can only get on at friends houses, etc.

My current EDC is the Surefire G2-LED. I love it but I am looking for something about the same size or smaller. With similar output. So any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. My EDC light before the G2-LED was an Inova T2 first generation.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too general a question, IMO. An LED that size or smaller with similar output is going to include practically every current 1x123 light that's popular around here, and most of the 2x123 lights, too.

Since you said similar size and output...what would you change about the G2L?
The tint?
Beamshape? More throw? A flood beam?
Want a clicky switch?
Different materials?
Multiple modes?
Do you like having a light that's a "comfortable handful", or would you rather have a little pocket light?
Got a price range?

The more specific you are, the more useful the suggestions will be to you:poke:

Iron Man

Newly Enlightened
Good point, what would I change?

More throw would be nice and so would a clicky switch. I can buy a switch for it but dont really want to spend the cash on it. And a low/high mode would be nice. Comfortable handful is fine. This is my secondary light anyway.

Price range about $80 bucks.

while I am here what are my options on a new pocket light? I have the first gen Inova x1 and I love it. I bought the second gen a few weeks ago and its a piece of crap. I am looking for something here that use's triple A or double A and has more output.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out Nitecore, the D10 (1xAA), D20 (2xAA) or EX10 (1xCR123/RCR123), they're having a surplus sale which is ending on 15th October os grab 'em while u can and if you want.

Latest posts