any gamers ?

USACelt

Newly Enlightened
What kind of games do yall play ? My first non-kid games were Avalon Hill war games and Dungeons & Dragons. Recently I've gotten into online games, MMOs to be specific.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gamers here?? NAhhhh :devil:

Cuso - Free from World of Warcraft 1 year and 5 months now, still fighting Call of Duty Modern Warfare addiction...not going well. I'm also known has Cusuldor to the XBOX360 community... :rock:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Got into D&D pretty serious for a few years.

Not played in about 3.:(
Of course we drank more beer, ate more pizza, BS'ed, and carried on more than we were actually playing but that was half the fun right there.

Video games? All the time.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Just chillin' in Liberty City..

SS4.jpg

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was under 18 I played mohaa and cod 1 & 2 competitively. I played CSS off and on but I have too much responsibility now to worry about making time for games.

Cinder

Newly Enlightened
I used to be a big time gamer... Starcraft, Diablo II, Lineage II, RF Online, World of Warcraft, etc. Best game was World of Warcraft because of how I was able to play with friends and family online. I have loads of screenshots that bring back nostalgia and threaten to suck me back into the game.

Cinder

Newly Enlightened
Long time gamer here. Started way back when monochrome monitors and 486 "133 Mhz" CPUs were the bomb.. good ole' days of DOS-based games :devil:

Starcraft, Diablo II, Lineage II, RF Online, and World of Warcraft were some of my favorite games. I've stopped playing after finishing college and starting a full time job, however I have a folder full of WoW screenshots that give me nostalgia and threaten to suck me back in whenever I look at them :eek:

vizlor

Newly Enlightened
Playing Battlefield 1943 at the xbox if I have a couple minutes to spare. It's great arcade war simulator fun! Soon avalible for PC I believe.

Search, you should check out the new cod game. It looks amazing.

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still don't get what the big hype about WoW is. To me it's seems about as addicative and challenging as an ATM withdrawl.

Only online game I played for awhile was 'Chrome Hounds' on the 360, which is is probably the most advanced and realistic robot/combat simulator nobody has played.

Halo, Battlefield, etc., are fun for a few minutes, but way too fast past for my taste. Less about strategy than having good controller reflexes.

Always looking for a good RTS, but that genre seems to have died. If you've played any good ones recently, let me know.

I'm otherwise a huge fan of the Storyline First Person shooter. Half Life II and Bioshock being the pinnacle of video gaming technology, IMHO.

Star fleet battles (the board game) when I was a kid, but could rarely find friends smart enough to play it with me.

Last edited:

e_dogg

Newly Enlightened
I'm a pretty avid gamer. My wife and in-laws enjoy playing board games so we occasionally have a "game night".

Some of our favorites:

Settlers of Catan (and the expansion sets)
Ticket to Ride
Power Grid
Guillotine (fun, short filler game)
Memoir '44 (two player WWII game - my brother in law and I loooove this game)

And, of course, I enjoy video games too. My gaming time has been pretty limited lately so I've been playing some casual games like Plants vs. Zombies, and Defense Grid.

Always looking for a good RTS, but that genre seems to have died. If you've played any good ones recently, let me know.

I'm otherwise a huge fan of the Storyline First Person shooter. Half Life II and Bioshock being the pinnacle of video gaming technology, IMHO.

Company of Heroes is a great RTS. There are a couple of expansion sets for it, too. The game is very balanced, the graphics and sound are awesome, and the AI is really smart.

Also, check out Fallout 3 for a good, albeit buggy, storyline FPS. The PC version crashes a lot so save frequently. But it's a really fun game with an excellent story line and world.

Edit: I should also mention for the Grand Theft Auto fans, that Saints Row 2 is a lot of fun. I actually enjoyed it more than I did GTA: Vice City and San Andreas.

carrot

Flashaholic
Offline I play Catan. It's a great, very simple but strategic game.

Online, I play Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2.

Patriot

Flashaholic
FPSers and a couple driving games. I play Battlefield2, and HL2. The driving games are Grand Prix Legends on PC, and Gran Turismo on the PS3. I haven't been too active at it recently though, perhaps 1-2 hours a week.

Tom_123

Newly Enlightened
I'm playing Fallout 3 for now.
Kind of relaxing and somehow interesting as it has more content
than a "pure" first person shooter.

mwaldron

Enlightened
Hi, my name is Mike and I'm addicted to EverQuest. I used to say I could quit anytime I wanted, but turns out I can't so I'm admitting I'm an addict.

I used to play living campaign D&D (Living City), and I occasionally fondly look back into it to see the new changes since 3.x but that chapter is pretty much behind me.

Some friends and I enjoy many board games, MtG, and most recently a great game called Dominion.

I love 2D Mario games but other than the release of a new Mario game every online gaming moment is consumed with EverQuest. I don't even enjoy 90% of my playtime anymore... It's sad. Really, if you've never played a MMORG don't start. That's my best and heartfelt advice.

I also enjoy IDPA/USPSA shooting matches when time and finances allow. While guns are not toys IDPA/USPSA are certainly games.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im left4deadicted.

the name i use while playing is...........................

"Torchlight"
:devil:

Crenshaw

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to be a big racing and FPS gamer, these days I'm going retro with my NES that I refurbished myself. All 3 Marios, Ninja Turtles 1 and 2 are among my favorites I have.