Jet II IBS Pro Cree Q5 Vs Jet II IBS XP-G R4

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I installed my second XP-G R4 I got from Nailbender after seeing the great results of the Romisen G2 I modded a bit earlier.

Stock Jet II Pro IBS with Cree Q5 smooth reflector on left Vs Modded Jet II IBS Cree R2 Orange peel reflector on the right, it is just a bit brighter, Both are at highest setting.

1003716s.jpg

Now Stock Jet II Pro IBS Q5 smooth reflector on left vs. Jet II IBS XP-G R4 Orange peel reflector on the right, It has massive side spill while keeping about the same hot spot size, I love it! same camera settings.

1003717s.jpg

Edit!

I noticed that I used the orange peel reflector and not the smooth reflector on the modded Jet II IBS so I changed it.

Jet II Pro IBS Q5 smooth reflector on left vs. Jet II IBS XP-G R4 smooth reflector on right, same camera settings, both on highest level.

Now the hotspot is more defined!

1003720w.jpg

AlexGT

Last edited:

russthetoolman

Enlightened
I have a few questions.... Can you link the exact XP-G that you used in the JetBeam, as in the board size and if you had to raise it up or is it the same height as the XR-E? Also, how did you remove the white disc around the LED in the JetBeam, mine is very solid even trying with a dental pic?

Thanks in advance
Russ

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used an XP-G in a round board that Nailbender is selling here

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=244071

I did not raise the board because the Jetbeam used is the one with adjustable focus, the focus point for the XP-G is lower than with the XR-E so I had to unscrew the head a tiny bit well in the normal focus adjustment of the light.

I removed the white disk in the Jetbeam by carefully drilling thru it first and then inserting a small metal screwdriver thru the hole and prying it out.

HTH
AlexGT

I have a few questions.... Can you link the exact XP-G that you used in the JetBeam, as in the board size and if you had to raise it up or is it the same height as the XP-E? Also, how did you remove the white disc around the LED in the JetBeam, mine is very solid even trying with a dental pic?

Thanks in advance
Russ

Last edited:

Dobbler

Enlightened
Dave (nailbender) installed an XP-G R4 my Jet-II IBS a couple weeks ago -- it's AWESOME. By far my favorite light. I bought another one and sent it off to him yesterday. It uses the stock driver.

I just now discovered this thread.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Jetbeam Raptor RRT-1 also makes a very pretty beam with a XP-G R5, I posted about it too!

AlexGT

Latest posts